Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    I have the option to change for free, so not sure that's the reason.

Will be trying to change later today, annoys me not having the same XBL/PSN tag - had mawksee on an old old account, hopefully it frees up

They're not released until tomorrow so dont give up hope too soon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmmm maybe, but the article linked above said as much and last 2 time I checked to see if the one I wanted was free or not it wasn't looking to charge. Was that change checked on One or 360? I checked on the One.

It was on the One, maybe they've made it free for everyone since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

If I could take the IRL off my name (not forsaking my country just I get a lot of messages because people think its In Real Life), some messages are actually quite humorous when playing online but some are very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It was on the One, maybe they've made it free for everyone since.

Have you tried on the site?

https://account.xbox.com/en-IE/changegamertag

When I go there I get a "You can change it once for free." message at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Newly created accounts have a random gamertag added, which can be changed for free. Older legacy accounts you choose the gamertag so its not free to change again.

• Advertisement

But my account is a chosen tag, account 10 years old - so I don't think that's completely accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

maximoose wrote: »
    But my account is a chosen tag, account 10 years old - so I don't think that's completely accurate

Yeah there no real clear path, not every account was treated the same depending on where and how it originated. In general though if you choose your own username you'll probably have to pay to change it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I tried yesterday it tried to charge me. Just clicked on this link now and it's telling me i can change it once for free.

Good they are doing it anyway, I'd love to know how much they make from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I tried yesterday it tried to charge me. Just clicked on this link now and it's telling me i can change it once for free.

I just re-read major nelsons post, whilst the messaging isnt clear, it does seem semi implied that once you are a 'tenured' member of xbox live (subscribed over a year) you have the option to change presumably for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Same and when you try to change it then it attempts to charge you

I think I will keep mine as is, any of the GTs (mostly Batman ones) I can think of are taken have have GS and Friends, so they are not likely to freed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Cant get the one i want (Advent), some unused account still squatting on it :(

Cant get the one i want (Advent), some unused account still squatting on it :(

You might get it on Wednesday so.

Will try again tomorrow yeah, fingers crossed.

Been using the same one for so long, a change would be nice.

Maybe i'll just go for something super cool, like XxAdvent420xX, or SnIpAH kiLLA.

Maybe i'll just go for something super cool, like XxAdvent420xX, or SnIpAH kiLLA.

Ya don't. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    If I could take the IRL off my name (not forsaking my country just I get a lot of messages because people think its In Real Life), some messages are actually quite humorous when playing online but some are very annoying.

The Batman EIRE
    The Batman IRE
    The Batman ROI

Many possibilities :D

On the 360 dashboard it's saying Black ops is now BC! The game is not showing up on xb1 though. I bought it on xbl a few weeks ago.

On the 360 dashboard it's saying Black ops is now BC! The game is not showing up on xb1 though. I bought it on xbl a few weeks ago.

Expected to be announced & available b.c within a couple of hours along with Bioshocks & Skate 3.

Expected to be announced & available b.c within a couple of hours along with Bioshocks & Skate 3.

And Bomberman Live hopefully, the only BC title we need said no one ever except me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm all over BioShock :)

Skaaaaaate 3! Loved that game.

And Bomberman Live hopefully, the only BC title we need said no one ever except me.

Battlefield 3 is the one I'm waiting for.

Battlefield 3 is the one I'm waiting for.

Kind of agree.

Agree on the game.. Not the platform(ie online 16 v 16 max).

I had it on PC(long gone though :-( ) so it would feel like a step down playing on gammy little maps.

Probably able to pick it up for less than e10 so I guess I'd return either way.... Was some great maps in it.

Have to say, I thought Bioshock was already BC.
    Was so certain it was there already I'd have bought it without checking the list again. :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I like the IRL in my name as its a double entendre . First part of my gt is Russian for man. So it means in a roundabout way irishman or man in real life (as most of the yanks think that's what it stands for) :)

I like the IRL in my name as its a double entendre . First part of my gt is Russian for man. So it means in a roundabout way irishman or man in real life (as most of the yanks think that's what it stands for) :)

Whats your tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm so sorry for coming across as a smart-arse - no intention - but is there a source of where you found that info? I had no idea that was the plan today.

Again, sorry. I feel bitterness towards my question already :o

I'm so sorry for coming across as a smart-arse - no intention - but is there a source of where you found that info? I had no idea that was the plan today.

Again, sorry. I feel bitterness towards my question already :o

It was just a hunch really. Turns out, it's just Black Ops 1. Which is now available to download & play on XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

It was just a hunch really. Turns out, it's just Black Ops 1. Which is now available to download & play on XB1.

69.99 for an old blacks ops game is a bit much to be honest , i just checked the xbox.com for price as i cant get it on the console store

• Advertisement

69.99 for an old blacks ops game is a bit much to be honest , i just checked the xbox.com for price as i cant get it on the console store

e17.49 on sale digital at the moment or I'm pretty sure cex have it for like e5 but their sites down at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement