Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »
    Was this it?

Seems to be one guy has checked gamertags for 0g gamerscore and no profile pic, making them likely to be up for deletion, but not a definite or complete list

Ya just some guy and his own list. The real list will be a million supposedly, so I doubt that will be published.

Just chances lists like that one.

Tag I want isn't free :mad:

But my real name is :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

What are the servers like on black ops 1? Any hackers and crap there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What are the servers like on black ops 1? Any hackers and crap there?

The couple of hours I played yesterday I didn't come across any.

It's also interesting to note - "Call Of Duty: Black Ops backwards compatibility increased player count from 5,000 to 80,000 gamers."

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The couple of hours I played yesterday I didn't come across any.

It's also interesting to note - "Call Of Duty: Black Ops backwards compatibility increased player count from 5,000 to 80,000 gamers."

Yeah clearly it's an old and rubbish game and no one wants to play it any more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tag I want still can't be claimed, but doesn't appear to have been taken by anyone else

A day of f5 ahead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

maybe a stupid question, but Black ops being backward compatible, when you guys mention 80,000 gamers online, does MP work or is it just the SP?

It's the full game, MP works and you are treated as any other regular 360 player

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mossym wrote: »
    maybe a stupid question, but Black ops being backward compatible, when you guys mention 80,000 gamers online, does MP work or is it just the SP?

It's both. All BC games are literally the same as they were on the 360, with some improvements and some problems as well. They even have a little 360 guide so you can invite friends and stuff.

It's actually quite a programming achievement.

sweet. i kept few enough games from the 360 era, sold most but the COD's i kept. must load it up tonight

• Advertisement

mossym wrote:
    sweet. i kept few enough games from the 360 era, sold most but the COD's i kept. must load it up tonight

Just to note, when you insert the disc to load it up. It will need to download the full game from the internet 8gb or so. Same goes for any BC game on xb1.

i presume once that is done the disc still needs to be in to play? this is the first BC game that's been of interest to me

Correct yeah, if you don't own it digitally you will need to have the disc inserted

mossym wrote:
    i presume once that is done the disc still needs to be in to play? this is the first BC game that's been of interest to me

Yeah the disc is your license. It needs to be in the tray whenever you want to play the game.

sweet. now if they would just get WaW on there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

On the old gamertags front and despite Microsoft saying these gamertags will be limited to be claimed by active premium members, its not true.

I haven't decided if I want to change my GT but the GT I always wanted is now available. I registered a new account and was able to change it for free to the old GT that was released yesterday.

Yes I have to pay twice if I want to change it but I'm happy to have the option of switching to a GT that I REALLY wanted whenever I want in the future :p:p:p:p

mossym wrote:
    sweet. now if they would just get WaW on there

Last time I played WaW it was riddled with hackers, literally unplayable :/

on xbox? hacking or exploiting?

mossym wrote: »
    on xbox? hacking or exploiting?

Hacking. Whatever way WaW was designed made it very easy for people to use hacks on Modded 360's.

You'd see people with rainbow flashing names, flying around the map etc.

ah yes, now that you say it i remember that alright, went back to it after a big gap and saw lots of that.

still though, probably my favourite of the cod's. me and the stg got on better than any weapon since. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been posted before but is there any way on the Xbox to create groups so you can properly sort your friends list?

Since playing the division, my friends list has increased but its at the stage now I can't remember whos who and I know a few boards members added me too.

Is there away I can create a custom group and say give it its own name "Boards players" for example? Or even categorise them under the main game they play?

At the moment I can only seem to mark some as favourites or just friends. Pretty big oversight to not to be able to properly manage your friends list?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted before but is there any way on the Xbox to create groups so you can properly sort your friends list?

Since playing the division, my friends list has increased but its at the stage now I can't remember whos who and I know a few boards members added me too.

Is there away I can create a custom group and say give it its own name "Boards players" for example? Or even categorise them under the main game they play?

At the moment I can only seem to mark some as favourites or just friends. Pretty big oversight to not to be able to properly manage your friends list?

no, and its only something I've noticed as being an issue this generation.

game hub sort of solves it to a degree, as you you can select a game and see who from your friends list is playing it, but otherwise you're out of luck I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

no, and its only something I've noticed as being an issue this generation.

game hub sort of solves it to a degree, as you you can select a game and see who from your friends list is playing it, but otherwise you're out of luck I'm afraid.

it'd be no harm to post it here https://xbox.uservoice.com/
    might get added

edit: already a request there https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251648-friends-parties-profile-activity-feed/suggestions/6064149-manage-friends-using-groups

i would suggest voting on it the more votes the better chance i've added my vote as its not a bad idea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

HALO 5 COMING TO PC!!!!!!!............ not really.

The Halo 5 Forge is coming to windows 10, which kinda makes me wonder why they just don't port the whole game, to be honest.

It looks interesting anyway, if you're into that kinda thing then it'll be amazing for you.

See Major Nelson here.

CatInABox wrote: »

The Halo 5 Forge is coming to windows 10, which kinda makes me wonder why they just don't port the whole game, to be honest.

It looks interesting anyway, if you're into that kinda thing then it'll be amazing for you.

See Major Nelson here.

Its actually amazing what people are making in forge, some of the maps are developer level stuff. Hopefully with a powerful pc and mouse and keyboard, they'll only get even more advanced

MiskyBoyy wrote:

Apparently sales increased 13,500%!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

See Major Nelson here.

This is like Forza 6 Apex. Essentially it's proving that they could do this (release the game as a UWP).

As a "free game", it's set lower expectations for the game. They test out the tech on different hardware, at 4K, etc. Also, it builds up a potential PC audience for when Halo 6 is released.

Turn 10 have announced that all future releases will be UWP (Win10 and Xbox One).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bumped into a lot of hackers yesterday in black ops unfortunately.

Invincible players, invisible players, a gas effect that distorts what your whole team sees, and a player using an aim bot. When we watched the aim bot guy in theatre mode we could see his gun automatically locking onto players long before they came into view from around corners.

It wasnt so bad the night before.

Bumped into a lot of hackers yesterday in black ops unfortunately.

Invincible players, invisible players, a gas effect that distorts what your whole team sees, and a player using an aim bot. When we watched the aim bot guy in theatre mode we could see his gun automatically locking onto players long before they came into view from around corners.

It wasnt so bad the night before.

we might just be unlucky - hardcore ctf has a pretty small playercount, I reckon the numbers in tdm or domination might dilute down the possibility of meeting hackers.

on another note, that sticks and stones game was such a good laugh! :)

• Advertisement

See Major Nelson here.

This is like Forza 6 Apex. Essentially it's proving that they could do this (release the game as a UWP).

As a "free game", it's set lower expectations for the game. They test out the tech on different hardware, at 4K, etc. Also, it builds up a potential PC audience for when Halo 6 is released.

Turn 10 have announced that all future releases will be UWP (Win10 and Xbox One).

Yes, I'd imagine that future first party releases will be all UWP, it was probably just too soon for Halo 5 and Forza 6 to be fully remade. I wonder will it ever take off with third parties though.

Microsoft seem to be trying their hardest to fix issues with the platform itself, enabling graphics options that weren't there when the first games came out, etc. I still see people complaining about it though, it's as if Microsoft came into their homes and spat in their porridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement