Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Same. Reported a guy but is there any point?
    Did the same to. I used the Xbox report, file compliant yoke instead of the in game one.

I doubt anyone would be looking though. I noticed all the hackers were playing on the 360. Shame we can't keep it Xbox One only.

Did the same to. I used the Xbox report, file compliant yoke instead of the in game one.

I doubt anyone would be looking though. I noticed all the hackers were playing on the 360. Shame we can't keep it Xbox One only.

I can never fathom why anyone would want to use cheats such as aim bots etc... Why bother playing :/

Then again why would anyone want to be a suicide bomber... The world is an odd place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nice comparison there Gilberto lol

Hmm that new red bull app has a decent amount of content doesn't it.

+ It's got "I have a problem" by Beartooth which I know from Guitar Hero Live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Anyone not able to sign into xbox live. My Internet connection is working perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is that some rule that means that XboxOne players have to play with the 360 players? That would seem to defeat the whole point of doing it in the first place! Then again activison don't want us playing old call of duty games (unless they are remastered and attached to buying this years game)
    Imagine if they make WAW backwards compatible, the amount of hackers on that great game is ridiculous! There should be an option of only play other Xbox one players on these BC games!

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, DuckTales: Remastered, Hexic 2, Magic 2012, Domino Master & Unbound Saga coming to Xbox One Back Compat today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Light on info, but this guy usually reputable - Xbox One slim apparently to be announced at E3, 40% smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

maximoose wrote: »
    Light on info, but this guy usually reputable - Xbox One slim apparently to be announced at E3, 40% smaller

I currently have 500gb Xbox One and want to increase that. If there are decent trade in deals then I would definitely be tempted.

joe123 wrote:
    I currently have 500gb Xbox One and want to increase that. If there are decent trade in deals then I would definitely be tempted.

Would you not consider an external hard drive? Games load faster from them and it would be cheaper and easier than trading in your Xbox and buying a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Would you not consider an external hard drive? Games load faster from them and it would be cheaper and easier than trading in your Xbox and buying a new one.

Didnt know they load faster! When you say faster, how fast are we talking? Any recommendations?

Regarding the new Slim Xbox One, I do like shiny new things. I traded in my old Xbox360 for the slim when that came out but I suppose looking back, my Xbox at that point was the first batch of them and had already red ringed on me once so it was more tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Another MS reporter claiming a firestick-type device is coming at E3 too

For game streaming no doubt? Would be pretty sweet to have a dedicated device for streaming to second TV

joe123 wrote:
    Didnt know they load faster! When you say faster, how fast are we talking? Any recommendations?

Some hard drives are faster than others but you can get up to 50% faster loading times by having games on the external drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    Another MS reporter claiming a firestick-type device is coming at E3 too

For game streaming no doubt? Would be pretty sweet to have a dedicated device for streaming to second TV

If this is true it's a must buy for me at launch.

Guy dosnt have a lot of subscribers so it seems a bit odd that he has the info over some of the bigger YouTubers

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

emmetkenny wrote: »

Guy dosnt have a lot of subscribers so it seems a bit odd that he has the info over some of the bigger YouTubers[/QUOTE
    He's not strictly a youtuber but more of a podcaster who also has a video version. He has 22K Twitter followers, has been on a Microsoft podcasts like TWiT's and WinBeta and has a history of providing correct insider information. Not trying to write a short biography on him, but I'd believe a lot of what he's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Guy dosnt have a lot of subscribers so it seems a bit odd that he has the info over some of the bigger YouTubers

He's not strictly a youtuber but more of a podcaster who also has a video version. He has 22K Twitter followers, has been on a Microsoft podcasts like TWiT's and WinBeta and has a history of providing correct insider information. Not trying to write a short biography on him, but I'd believe a lot of what he's saying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He's part of the Thurrott.com crew, and for Microsoft news, they're close to the gold standard. They're pretty clear about what's a rumour, what's a fact, and what's opinion, so if they're coming out and saying this, combined with Tom Warren, then this is confirmed in my opinion.

Stuff other sites talking about include a slim xbox one 40% smaller , 2TB drive. Will be announced at E3. New more powerful console 2017 that can support Oculus

http://kotaku.com/sources-smaller-xbox-one-coming-this-year-more-powerf-1778634446

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stuff other sites talking about include a slim xbox one 40% smaller , 2TB drive. Will be announced at E3. New more powerful console 2017 that can support Oculus

http://kotaku.com/sources-smaller-xbox-one-coming-this-year-more-powerf-1778634446

Wonder when they say support Occulus do they mean that crappy cinema screen thing or proper VR. Would need to be very powerful to support the latter...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking forward to finding out what spec the 2017 Xbox will have.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to finding out what spec the 2017 Xbox will have.

I'm not looking forward to hearing how much it will cost , though doubt we'll hear that for some time yet.

I'm not looking forward to hearing how much it will cost , though doubt we'll hear that for some time yet.

Hopefully I will be able to use my PC as my Xbox to save me splashing out further :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd genuinely consider moving to PC if they incorporated the whole Xbox ecosystem into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wonder when they say support Occulus do they mean that crappy cinema screen thing or proper VR. Would need to be very powerful to support the latter...

Polygon are saying it's got a 6 teraflop target, so yeah, if that's true, then it'll be more than capable.

See here.

I suppose if Microsoft value having control of VR in the living room, then they'd be willing to spend the money on this console, and make no mistake, they'd need to subsidize the s**t out of it to make it viable.

Personally, I think that they will. Exciting, but I serve everything with more than a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CatInABox wrote: »
    Polygon are saying it's got a 6 teraflop target, so yeah, if that's true, then it'll be more than capable.

See here.

I suppose if Microsoft value having control of VR in the living room, then they'd be willing to spend the money on this console, and make no mistake, they'd need to subsidize the s**t out of it to make it viable.

Personally, I think that they will. Exciting, but I serve everything with more than a pinch of salt.

A tablespoon of salt?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    A tablespoon of salt?

3 quarters of a tablespoon. Goes great with cornflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Next gen 2017? Nope. Dec 2017 maybe for first leaked pics. It's miles away.

Out of curiosity, do you guys have PS4Neo dev kits yet? No worries if you can't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

That's good news as far as I'm concerned otherwise the gen cycle would be way to short.

People are still upgrading from the 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Why are they selling this gen off so cheaply?
    I've seen them less than €200 new, and the collectors/limited editions 1TB for €280.
    There must be a reason they are doing that? Is it just to to keep up with Sony, as they are selling off theirs to bring out the neo.

No doubt they can afford it, and their hand may have been forced, but it's going to get bad for them if the Neo comes out in September. Very few will buy the Xbox One unless they keep the price down and maybe even lower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement