Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Load times on Watch Dogs and Ryse were awful, haven't noticed it being an issue on any other games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I don't know what they are likely lately, but I would not touch pixmania with a big stick , had awful problems with them in the past trying to get stuff sorted under warranty, or even delivered in the 1st place. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Obviously everyone missed my post below in relation to games running on external all worked fine loaded a bit quicker bar powerstar golf, it glitches when striking the ball
    Anyone add external harddrive to their Xbox one? I picked up a 2tb toshiba and moved all my games over, I found no issue with the likes of Titanfall forza wolfenstien, the only game I had an issue with is powerstar golf the issue is that when your going to struck the ball there is like a glitch, best way to describe it is like dropped frames in the animation, I transferred the game back to the internal and all ok again. I think possibly the 8mb buffer cache on the external isn't big enough a 16 or 32mb might be better!
    Just wondering if anyone else seen any issues with the external drive option?

Snake does that drive power down with the xbox or do you end up having to plug it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

maximoose wrote: »
    Load times on Watch Dogs and Ryse were awful, haven't noticed it being an issue on any other games.

cod ghosts also has horrible loading times, specially compared to the 360 version even though both games are almost identical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Forza too

calex71 wrote: »
    Snake does that drive power down with the xbox or do you end up having to plug it out?

Hi depends if you have your Xbox one to instant on it does not power down you need to switch it to standby mode in settings, not sure if there are any changes to this on the new update as I'm away for a few weeks!

One thing I would recommend is getting a large buffer cache I think the one on mine is 8mb which I think is the max you can get on a 2.5" portable USB powered drive, I have seen some of the external powered 3.5" drives comes with 32mb buffer cache which might guard against the glitch I see in powerstar golf and might see a small increase in load time speeds. I might investigate putting a seagate hybrid drive into a USB enclosure to see if it makes a difference and I'll post back on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I thought Ireland know has voice commands??

I thought Ireland know has voice commands??

We do, but you have to enable it.

Edit: Actually I'm so used to them at this stage I found myself shouting at the 360 earlier and wondering why it wasn't responding...... I don;t have Kinect for 360 :o

• Advertisement

This is coming to One/PS4 now too https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1867607597/midora-0

It's like a link to the past with a chic instead of zelda Link !!!!

1st time I ever donated to a kickstarter too :P

US and canada only , being released on October :mad:

Though I'm sure VG+ will ship them here, if I didn't already have a headset id snap that up for looks alone.

XboxOne_armed_forces.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

US and canada only , being released on October :mad:

Though I'm sure VG+ will ship them here, if I didn't already have a headset id snap that up for looks alone.

XboxOne_armed_forces.jpg

Any idea on the price? If it's not to bad i might see about getting one.

Reventon93 wrote: »
    Any idea on the price? If it's not to bad i might see about getting one.

US dollar price was listed on a few sites as 64.99 for controller 89.99 for a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

US dollar price was listed on a few sites as 64.99 for controller 89.99 for a headset.

The controller is sweet, but a stereo headset? You'd pick up a surround set cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Better off with good stereo over cheap surround sound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Varik wrote: »
    Better off with good stereo over cheap surround sound.

Agree on that one, had been using a pair of Sony wireless headphones for gaming for last few months and they were savage sound in stereo from them.

Though as good as they were my A50s blow em away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

miju wrote: »
    Agree on that one, had been using a pair of Sony wireless headphones for gaming for last few months and they were savage sound in stereo from them.

Though as good as they were my A50s blow em away
    the a50s have amazing sound i did say it lol imagine all the peasants with stereo headsets ugh even saying stereo sickens me :D

the a50s have amazing sound i did say it lol imagine all the peasants with stereo headsets ugh even saying stereo sickens me :D

Ah I loved my stereo headset as they were savage but then again every step in a titan in Titanfall with the A50s my ears bleed a little, perfect :P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The Astros are virtual surround, and that means the headsets are really only stereo.

Good virtual surround on headphones is better than real surround (multiple drivers) headphones, but your spacial awareness is really down to what virtualization they're using. Most use Dolby headphone virtual surround, which means that the only difference between most headset isn't the actual surround quality but the overall audio quality.

Best (also most expensive) would to be to buy audiophile headphones and couple it with a amp, and use a separate mic.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Good virtual surround on headphones is better than real surround (multiple drivers) headphones, but your spacial awareness is really down to what virtualization they're using. Most use Dolby headphone virtual surround, which means that the only difference between most headset isn't the actual surround quality but the overall audio quality.

Best (also most expensive) would to be to buy audiophile headphones and couple it with a amp, and use a separate mic.

I think to be honest it's a personal preference.

I had a very similar setup to what you suggest but honestly A50 audio quality is really excellent and thats in comparison my own studio headset as well (bit old and worn at this stage mind you)

I love my gaming loud and the best overall experience for me personally is using the gamer chair with built in speakers and subwoofers (which is stereo) but herself REALLY doesnt like the volume I play that at so headphones are next best option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Thanks.

I definitely like the controller, but as said, the headset seems pretty expensive for what it is tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think to be honest it's a personal preference.

I had a very similar setup to what you suggest but honestly A50 audio quality is really excellent and thats in comparison my own studio headset as well (bit old and worn at this stage mind you)

I love my gaming loud and the best overall experience for me personally is using the gamer chair with built in speakers and subwoofers (which is stereo) but herself REALLY doesnt like the volume I play that at so headphones are next best option :(

Shortly after i got married and moved into the house, I had a "room of Doom", with a projector, and the xbox hooked up to a massive surround system, it even came with a mic that you put where your head would be - then it set up the speakers so that the levels were correctly balanced. Gaming with that was incredible, In Gears of war, it was like tickers were running around behind the couch.

fast forward 6 years and 2 kids, that room is now for storage, the surround system is gathering dust and my gaming is in quick bursts when I can get it
    :(:(:(

ps. arent you getting married soon? its not too late to make your escape :p:p

ps. arent you getting married soon? its not too late to make your escape :p:p

Yep next year buddy, I've been assured by her though that my Xbox gaming may continue uninterrupted and I fully believe that :o

Took a few months of negotiations and concessions on my part but I get my fun and thats all that matters :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yep next year buddy, I've been assured by her though that my Xbox gaming may continue uninterrupted and I fully believe that :o

Took a few months of negotiations and concessions on my part but I get my fun and thats all that matters :D:D

Don't assume anything. Visit a solicitor and get it drawn up legally. How many gaming hours and gaming days etc. I know too many gaming friends that got burnt on pre-martial gaming promises :D

Don't assume anything. Visit a solicitor and get it drawn up legally. How many gaming hours and gaming days etc. I know too many gaming friends that got burnt on pre-martial gaming promises :D

Silly me I just took her at her word of "surrrrrre everything will stay the same" , oh god what have I done :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• miju wrote: »
    Silly me I just took her at her word of "surrrrrre everything will stay the same" , oh god what have I done :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    LOL the lies...the lies I tell you!!

I know the real answer :pac::pac::pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL the lies...the lies I tell you!!

I know the real answer :pac::pac::pac:

Are you telling me you didnt believe her yesterday either, my goose is cooked :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Are you telling me you didnt believe her yesterday either, my goose is cooked :mad::mad:

I remember her through the kinect pacifically saying that the Xbox is being fu*cked out once she has the ring on the finger.

• Advertisement

• I remember her through the kinect pacifically saying that the Xbox is being fu*cked out once she has the ring on the finger.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement