Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I meant every single person would be interested in VR in some shape or form.

Are you telling me if you could be offered a real FPS experience which involved movement etc or fighting a star wars battle that people have no interest?.

I can see why people have no interest in the current VR, what I meant was there's a level that would interest everyone as we all have dreams we'd love to experience.

Its easy to write it off now. If you google famous quotes on inventions its amazing how so many smart minds of their day and people in general who wrote products off that ended up being necessities.
    Point in that is, its all just early days now, who knows what VR in 5years could be like.

my point is making claims like every single person make your argument just sound daft. not even 100% of gamers will care about it. could VR be great, yeah sure.will everyone like it/want it/use it? no.
    and it's easy say everyone will use it, i heard the same about 3d tv when i was working in the tv electronics industry. look how that turned out, and it's pretty similar.

and my other point was that more than 100% of people isn't possible. 100% of the people is everybody, how do you get more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

mossym wrote: »
    how do you get more?

OK so I'll try not to make this awkward. But when a mammy and a daddy love each other VERRRRYYY much, the lord god of RNG jeebus blesses them with a new tiny pair of hands to hold a controller.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

OK so I'll try not to make this awkward. But when a mammy and a daddy love each other VERRRRYYY much, the lord god of RNG jeebus blesses them with a new tiny pair of hands to hold a controller.

:)

this reminds me of that story that went around a few years ago about the iraq elections where suddam got 102% of the available vote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mossym wrote: »
    how do you get more?

To which he'll inevitable say that the new tiny pair of hands becomes part of the 100%, thus making it all very samey.

Man, arguments on boards have gone downhill recently.

In my view, VR and AR are massively interesting, but I'm not sure I'll be interested in the types of games that come out as a requirement. Third person games, and indeed, first person games without a reference point in the view are meant to be severely disorientating, as your mind believes that you should be moving when you aren't. That's meant that the first generation of games built for VR are ones where you are only moving slightly, or in control of a vehicle that you can't leave.

I don't think that we'll ever see something like Halo on it, at least not until they can come up with a way to make the human mind not freak out all the time.

Playing games on a 50ft screen though? I'd be all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If I wanted to walk through a town, id do it in real life.VR my hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

XCOM: Enemy Within, Foul Play, Monopoly Plus & Sega Bass Fishing are all coming to B.C today.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/740936758670548992

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always had a secret grá for Sega Bass Fishing ever since the Dreamcast days. Will have to pick it up again.

Always had a secret grá for Sega Bass Fishing ever since the Dreamcast days. Will have to pick it up again.

There's another more modern fishing game coming tomorrow "Dovetail Games Euro Fishing" for e18.49

WWE 2k16 is free to play from June 16th - 19th if anyone wanted to try it out.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/10/wwe-2k16-free-play-days/#GlgSAHiEmYp6w6L6.99

Bonnaroo festival in the us is streaming live over 3 channels/stages on the Red Bull TV app and is not Geolocked. Did someone say "how can I watch Pearl Jam free and Live tomorrow night???" :)

• Advertisement

They added a lot of new gamerpics to xbox to choose from, you can see them all here in high resolution.

http://imgur.com/gallery/cwjjz

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

any one have any idea when Cortana will launch in Ireland? as part of the preview program and not having access to it unless a region hop is kind of annoying as its one of the main upgrades of the dashboard.

gmg678 wrote: »
    any one have any idea when Cortana will launch in Ireland? as part of the preview program and not having access to it unless a region hop is kind of annoying as its one of the main upgrades of the dashboard.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, it's still not available in windows even unless you change region in control panel.

That said , more people opting in and using it on xbox may have a beneficial effect in it being used and tested more and get it pushed out faster to other countries.

What's everyone hoping for at e3?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Xbox Streaming Device and more ReCore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

For Xbox gaming and PC to merge completely. Also details of the Xbox 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Is that not the Xbox app on windows?

Is that not the Xbox app on windows?

The latest preview update for Xbox has windows 10 apps showing up on Xbox by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

The latest preview update for Xbox has windows 10 apps showing up on Xbox by mistake.

I have the preview update myself but can't see any. Would love to see full integration though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Titanfall 2 trailer

I knew after the promo video for the release of Titanfall 1 in Asia that they were going to have a Titan catapult a pilot in TF2.

Catapult at 2:27.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I still enjoy the odd quick game of titanfall. Those videos make me a little excite!

Not 100% if official but yeah:

Ckxi09kWkAA-N3b.jpg:large

Another:
    Looks like stand is built in
    0KQ4gQK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not 100% if official but yeah:

Ckxi09kWkAA-N3b.jpg:large

What's high dynamic range? Will it apply to gaming or 4K TV content.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Another:

And more importantly, there's no power brick either.

CatInABox wrote: »
    And more importantly, there's no power brick either.

Wow really?

Wow really?

Ars are confirming it here.

Sign up for Titanfall 2 closed beta here: http://www.titanfall.com/en_gb/newsletter/

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's high dynamic range? Will it apply to gaming or 4K TV content.

It's been around in photography for a while, there you basically take multiple shots at different exposures and combine to one image. In terms of video it means more detail in shadow and light areas. You don't get more pixels you get the ones that are there do more basically.

You don't need 4k for the HDR tech they are mutually exclusive.

Edit: My opinion is it won't catch on fast. The prices on UHD blu rays i've seen thrown around are around 30 pounds lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement