Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ars are confirming it here.

Is it just a graphical boost, no running games faster or bigger games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Streamlined controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Streamlined controller?

giphy.gif

"It looks like the Xbox One will be getting a new feature soon. Xbox Clubs will allow you to become members of certain groups which play games together and follow certain titles like Forza Horizon 2 and The Division. For example, you can specializing in drifting and find gamers who enjoy that too."

kZAJ4hq.gif?1

GuaPHnX.gif?1

Bethesda also announced a temporary doom demo across all platforms for just this week I think where you can play through the first level of DOOM.

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/DOOM-Demo/53a111b0-0cc3-420d-b8db-ec0f7216f2ad

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rorok wrote: »
    Is it just a graphical boost, no running games faster or bigger games?

Games won't look or play any better on the slim console, but the OS and supported apps (Netflix, etc) will output in 4K.

HDR basically allows for whiter whites and blacker blacks, which is meant to have as much impact as moving to 4K in the first place. Only the newer 4K TV sets support it so far, but it should become more common over time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I love the Microsoft response to the Xbox One Slim leak:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Microsoft are buying LinkedIn, what a total disaster. I can just imagine it now, half way through a game of Halo,just stuck someone with a grenade, a notification pops up, "Hi, I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Another:
    Looks like stand is built in
    I love the way Microsoft take away a feature only to reintroduce it as a new feature later on.

• Advertisement

qrx wrote: »
    I love the way Microsoft take away a feature only to reintroduce it as a new feature later on.

You can put your current XB1 vertical if you're digital only, if you really wanted.

Can't wait for this. For me Titanfall is THE game of the generation so far. Casual, simple and bloody good fun. That's gaming.

You can put your current XB1 vertical if you're digital only, if you really wanted.

Can you really? It has vents on all sides I assumed it wouldn't be too healthy for the xbox.

Can you really? It has vents on all sides I assumed it wouldn't be too healthy for the xbox.

The XB1 is pretty much over-ventilated on purpose. You could easily cover that small bottom vent without causing any extra heating issues imo.

The XB1 is pretty much over-ventilated on purpose. You could easily cover that small bottom vent without causing any extra heating issues imo.
    I don't know. It's about airflow. Sucks air in one side and blows it out the other. I'd have to look into how it works. Maybe it sucks air in both sides and blows it out the top? In that case you might get away with blocking one side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't know. It's about airflow. Sucks air in one side and blows it out the other. I'd have to look into how it works. Maybe it sucks air in both sides and blows it out the top? In that case you might get away with blocking one side.

just tell tech support that misky said it'd be grand, they know the score. :pac:

just tell tech support that misky said it'd be grand, they know the score. :pac:

673182b774103c7d7867085338c579c7f64c3c1bbc9615a67724a131738566cd.jpg

So Xbox One S is confirmed, and they've put an IR blaster in there, keeping one of the best parts of the Kinect.

CatInABox wrote: »
    So Xbox One S is confirmed, and they've put an IR blaster in there, keeping one of the best parts of the Kinect.

I noticed the controller had bluetooth too.

I noticed the controller had bluetooth too.

So you can connect it up to your phone and stream to the mobile Xbox app then. Nice. Shame my Elite won't have it. EDIT: I should say, I'm assuming here.

• Advertisement

Ha, the Xbox One S doesn't even have a kinect port anymore, you've got to get a usb hub for it. There'll be a program to get a free hub if anyone wants to upgrade their console.

There we go, Background Music confirmed.

There we go, Background Music confirmed.

Yes, but when? What is this "fall" they keep mentioning? :)

Signup for Gwent Beta here: https://www.playgwent.com/en

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 free for all XB1 users via b.c

Dead rising 4!!!!!!

Just created a thread for all Xbox E3 related videos, to post all videos there and keep chat here maybe?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100023825#post100023825

So scorpio is real, I like the way they aren't leaving behind the normal xbox one or the S. Is the name of the console Xbox One Project Scorpio? Sea of Thieves looks fun, the same with recore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rorok wrote: »
    So scorpio is real, I like the way they aren't leaving behind the normal xbox one or the S. Is the name of the console Xbox One Project Scorpio? Sea of Thieves looks fun too

Clear path to getting new customers.

Currently you have everyone who bought the One over the last while.

Now Microsoft can offer a slightly higher spec for new purchasers or an option to upgrade now.

Or you can save for 18 months and get a Scorpio.

I was all set to upgrade my launch console to the S but to me it makes more sense now to save up and get the Scorpio.

I'm disappointed they didn't announce a streaming stick but I liked the look of the option to design your own controller:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement