Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Clear path to getting new customers.

Currently you have everyone who bought the One over the last while.

Now Microsoft can offer a slightly higher spec for new purchasers or an option to upgrade now.

Or you can save for 18 months and get a Scorpio.

I was all set to upgrade my launch console to the S but to me it makes more sense now to save up and get the Scorpio.

They never revealed a price, they're probably going to challenge Sony's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rorok wrote: »
    So scorpio is real, I like the way they aren't leaving behind the normal xbox one or the S. Is the name of the console Xbox One Project Scorpio? Sea of Thieves looks fun, the same with recore

Scorpio is just a codename. Really like the look of the S. Hate the bulk of the XBO and it's 80s-ness when you see it up close; although I do appreciate that it kinda disappears on the shelf. I've always preferred white consoles, but again they stand out and look dated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rorok wrote: »
    They never revealed a price, they're probably going to challenge Sony's

It'll be more expensive than the S you'd assume. Pricing for the S is between $299 and $399.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I'm guessing it'll be called Xbox Pro

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think the scorpio will be €500 - €600, from the specs they were talking about it's more equivalent to a new console generation than just a spruced up Xbox 1.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote:
    I think the scorpio will be €500 - €600, from the specs they were talking about it's more equivalent to a new console generation than just a spruced up Xbox 1.

I say more than that.

They are saying 4k native gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Really enjoyed that press conf. Great to see them confirm project Scorpio, and all the cross play. Seems microsoft are saying, if you don't want to buy a pc then play on Xbox, but if you do have a pc, then that's cool too. I like it. More games for more people is never a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it'll be called Xbox Pro

Xbox Elite :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm guessing the original Xbox One will be phased out as soon as possible, with the Xbox One S taking it's place. They're also admitting defeat this generation, and essentially moving to a new one next year. That's probably why they announced it so far in advance, they have to know that announcing a new console generation will damage interest in this generation.

Perhaps they're hoping that people still on the fence will now wait until the end of next year?

Nice Recore is cheap enough. Only $39.99/€39.99/£29.99

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/ReCore/5b0c3455-a375-4ee2-a57d-a48e1c75afc8

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mickeroo wrote: »

It is the next generation Xbox. This is the future for Microsoft. Faster updates cycles with backwards compatibility. I wouldn't be too happy if I was Sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Crackdown 3 delayed til next year?

Boo-urns.

"For Honor" alpha/beta signup here: http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

They'd be brave to price it over 500. I reckon they'll need to pull out all the stops to get them into as many hands as possible.

So, what time is Sony's conference?

2am

Register for Ubisoft's new Snowboarding game "Steep" beta: http://steep.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Thanks Misky for all the updates...

Suffering from an awful case of Euro fever here, and missed all the details of the conference.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Crackdown 3 delayed til next year?

Boo-urns.

I've no hope for it. If it's anything other than 3 zones where you rinse repeat the same set of objectives over the 3 zones only with different gangs like the last one I'll be pleasantly surprised. 1st game was new and fun. Second one though I really can't see how there wasn't more criticism of it or how it's held in such high regard :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I was very happy with all the games that they displayed , I'll probably only buy two (Sea of thieves and Recore) but it's very likely their prequels/previous games will be game with gold titles

• Advertisement

They'd be brave to price it over 500. I reckon they'll need to pull out all the stops to get them into as many hands as possible.

i dunno about that depends on how they market it

if they market it as a premium xbox version and keep the s the standard one they could get away with it i think.

look at the vr stuff 800-1000 and people are buying

its all down to marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭Doge

Slow clap for Microsoft finally figuring out how to put the PSU inside one of their consoles. :pac:

CatInABox wrote: »
    Games won't look or play any better on the slim console, but the OS and supported apps (Netflix, etc) will output in 4K.

HDR basically allows for whiter whites and blacker blacks, which is meant to have as much impact as moving to 4K in the first place. Only the newer 4K TV sets support it so far, but it should become more common over time.

Cough. Guess I was wrong on this one then. They probably increased the core speed after the die shrink.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 free for all XB1 users via b.c

Gold subscribers only, not all users unfortunately.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

RIP the Kinect no sign of the connector for it on the back of the S

You can get a usb hub for it, but yes, it's essentially dead. In fairness, we all knew that for a while.

I'm actually surprised they didn't build a mic into the S. That way they could keep voice control for Cortana, without needing a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Basically, they kept the one piece of the Kinect that people were actually using, the IR blaster, and ditched the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Bit of a kick in the teeth for those that paid the full price at launch after ms made the kinect an integral part of the console.

• Advertisement

Bit of a kick in the teeth for those that paid the full price at launch after ms made the kinect an integral part of the console.

Why? It'll be still supported and you can get a hub to connect it to the new console (I think it was mentioned that the hub will be free if you've purchased the Kinnect)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement