Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Phil Spencer said yesterday there were some big b.c games coming tomorrow, now this was spotted on new preview store:

Is it happening? :eek:

This better not be a lie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Allyall wrote: »
    How long is that deal good for?
    If I was to agree/sign up to trade in my Xbox one today, would I have to be without one until August?

I imagine it'll apply up until launch day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

It will still be the best spec'd console out there but I think we are a couple of years away from console 4K gaming!

Not too far off when Microsoft will be launching the console funnily enough :)

Personally, as always I don't care much about 4k etc. I do care about better speced consoles with more power and VR though so as a consumer I'm happy and will be upgrading at launch.

My XB1 is starting to show its wear now win the silly amount of hours I have it on so hopefully it will last to Xmas 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    So, they're basically giving you €160 for a 500gb Xbox One console? No thanks.

There going cheap on adverts now since the news of the S came out , be doing well to get €180 for a 500gb :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Interview with Phil Spencer from the PC perspective:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/phil-spencer-interview-e3-2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

gizabeer wrote: »
    There going cheap on adverts now since the news of the S came out , be doing well to get €180 for a 500gb :(

Ah sure, I'll wait til Christmas 2017 so :) Might pick up a PS4 though if they're around that price with the Neo coming. Always wanted to play Bloodbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Left 4 Dead & Portal 2 are coming to backwards compatible today.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/743473367932633088

Also, Flashback, Babel Rising & Brain Challenge.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/743473372059869184

Feckin brain challenge, I used to play that a bit lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Smyths now taking pre-orders for the 2TB One S.

Just reserved mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Batesy wrote: »
    Smyths now taking pre-orders for the 2TB One S.

Just reserved mine.

Did they say, it'd come in black anytime soon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I hop they make the orange box BC soon, might pick up left for dead or portal 2 if I see it cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Funny that they've never shown the Xbox logo when the Xbox One S is displayed on the stand; it's always covered up with a controller. They didn't do the old rotatable PS logo.

Well, funny to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

pcadhain wrote: »
    Funny that they've never shown the Xbox logo when the Xbox One S is displayed on the stand; it's always covered up with a controller. They didn't do the old rotatable PS logo.

Well, funny to me.

Huh, yeah, I wonder can you rotate the button now that it's physical rather than touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Lads, do you need Xbox Gold to get EA Access?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Colham wrote: »
    Lads, do you need Xbox Gold to get EA Access?

From their website:
    9. Do I have to have an Xbox Live Gold account to join EA Access?

Negatory, you can join up with a free Xbox Live Silver account. That said, you'd need an Xbox Live Gold account to play any multiplayer games included in EA Access.

CatInABox wrote: »
    From their website:

Ah yes, probably should have checked there. EA access seems good, being trying it for free the past few days. How often is their vault updated?

Ah yes, probably should have checked there. EA access seems good, being trying it for free the past few days. How often is their vault updated?

Depends on the game rather than a set schedule, to be honest. The sports games are usually 9-12 months after release, other games are a bit more random, I think it depends on the reception the game gets, plus the amount of DLC it has.

It looks like they're going to start adding some BC games to it as well, so if you're interested in 360 games, it should get even better.

Depends on the game rather than a set schedule, to be honest. The sports games are usually 9-12 months after release, other games are a bit more random, I think it depends on the reception the game gets, plus the amount of DLC it has.

It looks like they're going to start adding some BC games to it as well, so if you're interested in 360 games, it should get even better.

Is there a list of upcoming games anywhere?

Is there a list of upcoming games anywhere?

No.

For those of you in Preview, Xbox are now switching over to the PSN style of pre-ordering games where they don't actually charge you until 10 days before game launch.

This is kind of cool but it was also kind of nice to get it out of the way and have it paid off :o

"• Game Pre-orders When purchasing a game pre-order, funds may no longer be deducted from your account immediately (depending on when the game pre-order is purchased). Pre-order funds will now be deducted from your account 10 days or less prior to the game’s release date."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did they ever fix Xbox Rewards to give you credits for pre-orders?

Actually they just need to fix that entire system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

For those of you in Preview, Xbox are now switching over to the PSN style of pre-ordering games where they don't actually charge you until 10 days before game launch.

This is kind of cool but it was also kind of nice to get it out of the way and have it paid off :o

"• Game Pre-orders When purchasing a game pre-order, funds may no longer be deducted from your account immediately (depending on when the game pre-order is purchased). Pre-order funds will now be deducted from your account 10 days or less prior to the game’s release date."

Would be nice to have an option of doing either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Only really getting caught up on all the E3 demos this morning, the more I read about Sea of Thieves the more I want it - sounds brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Few games on PSN taking money when pre-ordering now, warning on the store for those that do.

Usually you get something now so that's hope the publisher justify it.

Pre-order the next cod and you get MP point or something for the current one.

Likes of south park would another

Varik wrote: »
    Few games on PSN taking money when pre-ordering now, warning on the store for those that do.

Usually you get something now so that's hope the publisher justify it.

Pre-order the next cod and you get MP point or something for the current one.

Likes of south park would another

Makes sense alright.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Would be nice to have an option of doing either

buying credit maybe if you wanted to pay it now, bit more work.

Makes sense alright.

Guess they got tired of people buying off PSN for betas and then cancelling, gives a false outlook on prospective sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

gizabeer wrote: »

Harks back to the, what in the hell is the point buying the Xbox Slim if you already own an Xbox One AND with Scorpio out next year.

Honestly cannot see sales going well for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

joe123 wrote: »
    Harks back to the, what in the hell is the point buying the Xbox Slim if you already own an Xbox One AND with Scorpio out next year.

Honestly cannot see sales going well for this.

Yup, as a Xbox One owner at most I'll buy the Scorpio at some stage, not a hope I'll get the Slim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

It's for people who haven't bought one yet and for people interested in a 4K Blu-Ray player. Might as well get one that plays games too sure why not. And with UWP apps coming, it'll make a good smart TV too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement