Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

joe123 wrote: »
    Harks back to the, what in the hell is the point buying the Xbox Slim if you already own an Xbox One AND with Scorpio out next year.

Honestly cannot see sales going well for this.

Bigger drive, smaller, has a stand, also cheapest 4k player on market right now. Its mainly aimed at new users though and also cuts costs for MS significantly, allowing them to be more competitive with PS.

I can see some people selling their old xbox one for a new device though, some of the consoles have had a fair bit of use and a new unit would grant you peace of mind that it wont fall apart in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Lads just wanted to ask a bit of advice. I've been offered an Xbox one with connect for 190 it's a 500gb. With the new models coming out is it worth the price by the way should say it's second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Lads just wanted to ask a bit of advice. I've been offered an Xbox one with connect for 190 it's a 500gb. With the new models coming out is it worth the price by the way should say it's second hand.

Yeah 190's not a bad price.

I'd go for it.

Are there any known problems that I should look out for. I mainly game on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Are there any known problems that I should look out for. I mainly game on ps4.

Thumbs stick drift on the controllers. The console itself should be grand, maybe check the DVD player.

• Advertisement

Thumbs stick drift on the controllers. The console itself should be grand, maybe check the DVD player.

Will do think I'll go for it what exclusives are worth checking out. I was interested in that ryse of Roman but heard it's rubbish but could probably get it for feck all now.

Will do think I'll go for it what exclusives are worth checking out. I was interested in that ryse of Roman but heard it's rubbish but could probably get it for feck all now.

I enjoyed Ryse a lot. It's definitely worth a buy and play, then sell again.

Check out EA Access, it's great value.

You also know of the Games with Gold right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Get Sunset Overdrive and Halo the Master Chief Collection (cheap on CD Keys at the minute). Ryse was €10 on CD Keys not so long ago so could pop up again.

Rise of The Tomb Raider and Forza also good shout. I'd also recommend Ori and The Blind Forest.

Yea I know games for gold had a 360. Thanks for the suggestions I'll take alook

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Yea I know games for gold had a 360. Thanks for the suggestions I'll take alook

If you end up buying it and need anyone to game online with for certain games checkout the gamertag megathread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Is it worth buying the Xbox one now or should I be looking at buying the 's' model?

Tilikum wrote: »
    Is it worth buying the Xbox one now or should I be looking at buying the 's' model?

I'd hand on for the S honestly. 2TB will be €399, 1TB will be €349 and 500GB will be €299

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

To celebrate the release of Warzone Firefight next week, the full game of Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play FOR FREE to all Xbox Live Gold members from June 29 to July 5 as part of Xbox Live’s “Free Play Days” program. Additionally, Halo 5: Guardians will be on sale for 50 percent off during this same time. There’s no better time to join the Spartan ranks!
    Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/23/warzone-firefight-comes-halo-5-guardians-june-29/#Qgyk8v4pstLKTK5O.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Argos has a deal with when buying an xbox controller you get Halo 5, coincidence?

Argos has a deal with when buying an xbox controller you get Halo 5, coincidence?

Hawken is coming to XB1 July 1st. It's a free to play Much game. You can preload it now: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Hawken/c124cc28-cc1f-4ac1-a785-1a3fc4e24fe0

*Mech game even

Microsoft are giving up on Xbox fitness.

Microsoft Studios shutters Xbox Fitness at-home workouts

Never saw the point in Xbox fitness tbh. Sometimes me and my friends work out to get away from screens, not to carry on on them, it just didn't make sense to me

Rorok wrote: »
    Never saw the point in Xbox fitness tbh. Sometimes me and my friends work out to get away from screens, not to carry on on them, it just didn't make sense to me

Did you ever try one? You'd be fecking sore after it. Especially 'Insanity' :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Eventually it'll click with the few remaining who believe the Kinect isn't dead, it very much is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Eventually it'll click with the few remaining who believe the Kinect isn't dead, it very much is.

But but but Commander Cherry for Kinect is on sale this week, they wouldn't have put such a great title on sale if Kinect was dead......

:rolleyes:

It's deader than dead. It's pining for the fjords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'll miss it when it's gone. Skype and voice commands are used everyday here. Are they planning on building a mic and camera into the box itself?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

theteal wrote: »
    I'll miss it when it's gone. Skype and voice commands are used everyday here. Are they planning on building a mic and camera into the box itself?

They're putting an IR blaster in the One S, but no microphone, no camera. The camera was useless I thought, would have much preferred that they kept the microphone as well as the IR blaster.

Surprised that they didn't actually, what with Amazons Echo, and Googles Home, the voice controlled personal assistant speaker thingy seems like the next tech battleground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

CatInABox wrote: »
    They're putting an IR blaster in the One S, but no microphone, no camera. The camera was useless.

Living over here, Skype gets used most days so I would say that the camera is very much of use. Being able to Skype from the livingroom without needing to squeeze in around a laptop is an awesome tool. Also the camera follows you around the room which is very handy if a little weird initially.

I know this functionality is in some newer TVs but my 8 year old Sammy is going strong and it won't be replaced until it dies.

Anyway, yes, other than that, Kinect is dead, I've not once ever used it in game since getting the xbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Microsoft are giving up on Xbox fitness.

Microsoft Studios shutters Xbox Fitness at-home workouts
    Rorok wrote: »

I'm very unhappy with this.

I am one of those strange people who actually bought the MS hype on the multifunctional multimedia console. Xbox Fitness and the Kinect was one of the main reasons I went for Xbox over Playstation.

I used Fitness a good bit and it's a great feature. I run regularly, so this is a nice handy way to add in some yoga or more intense cardio. It works really well and is probably the main reason I fire up the Xbox more than my Wii U at the moment.

You may recall that Microsoft recently enough started selling Xbox Fitness modules and that this works in "offline" mode. I bought some in the December sales.

I found the endgadget link a bit vague. When it speaks about "shuttering the service" and "closing down the leader boards", I wrongly assumed that purchased "offline" content would still work offline.

Wrong. It's not a huge cost and I've used the service a lot, but I am decidedly cheesed off, given the recentness.

This is not the same as backwards compatibility. I bought this digitally on Xbox One for Xbox One use and it has a year and a half operating life :mad:

druss wrote: »
    I'm very unhappy with this.

I am one of those strange people who actually bought the MS hype on the multifunctional multimedia console. Xbox Fitness and the Kinect was one of the main reasons I went for Xbox over Playstation.

I used Fitness a good bit and it's a great feature. I run regularly, so this is a nice handy way to add in some yoga or more intense cardio. It works really well and is probably the main reason I fire up the Xbox more than my Wii U at the moment.

You may recall that Microsoft recently enough started selling Xbox Fitness modules and that this works in "offline" mode. I bought some in the December sales.

I found the endgadget link a bit vague. When it speaks about "shuttering the service" and "closing down the leader boards", I wrongly assumed that purchased "offline" content would still work offline.

Wrong. It's not a huge cost and I've used the service a lot, but I am decidedly cheesed off, given the recentness.

This is not the same as backwards compatibility. I bought this digitally on Xbox One for Xbox One use and it has a year and a half operating life :mad:

Get onto live chat and tell them you paid for Xbox Fitness and you'd like a refund because they are now shutting it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Kinect as a brand maybe, but not the technology. The technology will continue and in fact is continuing to be developed and improved most notably for VR\AR.

https://blogs.microsoft.com/next/2016/06/26/talking-hands-microsoft-researchers-moving-beyond-keyboard-mouse/#sm.001smcpya15racp6xmi1uperr4rya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Get onto live chat and tell them you paid for Xbox Fitness and you'd like a refund because they are now shutting it down.

Bought on my travels, which I feel might reduce my moral superiority!

In fairness, Microsoft are far better than Sony in their approach to backwards compatibility, but I'm not best pleased at the repeated volte-faces from Microsoft. And hopefully Nintendo might consider picking up on the fitness remit with the NX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I made my first ever pre-order on the Xbox One console. Have 'Inside' ready to be played when it's released.

I didn't know you could download an entire game before its release... This method of pre-ordering is very tempting as usually I'm all about brick and mortar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement