Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I made my first ever pre-order on the Xbox One console. Have 'Inside' ready to be played when it's released.

I didn't know you could download an entire game before its release... This method of pre-ordering is very tempting as usually I'm all about brick and mortar.

It's called pre-loading. Welcome to the 21st century :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's called pre-loading. Welcome to the 21st century :cool:

It's been so long since I've been in a games shop that I actually have fond memories of places like Gamestop. Must go in again, rekindle my hatred.

Just went along and pre-ordered/loaded Inside myself there. Look forward to playing it in a few hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just went along and pre-ordered/loaded Inside myself there. Look forward to playing it in a few hours :)

What store Misky?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What store Misky?

I believe Russia is cheapest but I went with South Africa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What store Misky?

Misky goes wherever there is a coup d'état looming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Currently in the middle of a love/hate relationship with my Elite Controller as I try rewire my memory to use the paddles.

Playing Halo 5 and am trying two paddles just to get used to it, having the melee button on one is so much easier but has led to plenty of cursing when I've been zoomed in shooting at someone only to hit the paddle causing me to zoom back out.

Don't think I will be able to go back to a normal control pad though, think the difference might even be greater than the leap from the 360 to the One.

Speaking of elite controllers, Microsoft have just hit the 1 Million milestone for Elite controllers sold:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/747882752662331392

Dammit, Inside won't be playable tonight. It's not unlocking until 10am UTC tomorrow which is 11am our time. I was looking forward to playing it at 11 tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Never finished Limbo got stuck and don't want to look at a guide. I should really go back and finish it.

Mind you I never really tried hard to finish it gave up after dying a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Dammit, Inside won't be playable tonight. It's not unlocking until 10am UTC tomorrow which is 11am our time. I was looking forward to playing it at 11 tonight too.

Awch. That's annoying :(

Awch. That's annoying :(

Out comes the Scottish accent :p

Yeah it's annoying alright oh well. Not many digital games usually have a single global unlock time so don't let it put you off going digital in future.

Out comes the Scottish accent :p

Yeah it's annoying alright oh well. Not many digital games usually have a single global unlock time so don't let it put you off going digital in future.

Ah if it's any consolation I'm getting tired anyway. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Currently in the middle of a love/hate relationship with my Elite Controller as I try rewire my memory to use the paddles.

Playing Halo 5 and am trying two paddles just to get used to it, having the melee button on one is so much easier but has led to plenty of cursing when I've been zoomed in shooting at someone only to hit the paddle causing me to zoom back out.

Don't think I will be able to go back to a normal control pad though, think the difference might even be greater than the leap from the 360 to the One.

Try playing the campaign to get yourself used to it.

I use a different setup, and it's what I use on most shooters

Left trigger for zoom, right for shooting
    Left bumper for grenade, right for melee
    Top left paddle for boost, top right for jump
    Bottom left for reload, bottom right for crouch

D pad changes grenade type,
    Click left stick to sprint, click right to switch weapons. Face buttons not used at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Speaking of elite controllers, Microsoft have just hit the 1 Million milestone for Elite controllers sold:

It's pretty incredible that they've sold that many. It's the ultimate expensive luxury, there is literally no need for it, but they've still sold a million of them already.

I couldn't go back to a peasant controller now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Folks, forgive me if already posted but has anyone got a link to get Halo 5 free?

I'm struggling to find it this morning

duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's pretty incredible that they've sold that many. It's the ultimate expensive luxury, there is literally no need for it, but they've still sold a million of them already.

I couldn't go back to a peasant controller now.

Are they still difficult to get?

I got mine as a birthday present from my OH and the kids, so dunno if they had much difficulty getting it but CEX in the Omni had them for 200 which would suggest they are hard enough to get if they feel they will get that for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

3-5 in stock in every Dublin Argos at the moment, they def aren't as scarce as they were before.

CeX resale prices can be nuts at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well worth the price i think. even if you don't use the paddles. use one for a few hours, then pick up the old one, and i doubt you'll disagree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm planning to go from my current Xbox360 to the One S on release- I've always used physical discs so I'm really not sure which storage option to go for- I'm not a big online player (but I suppose that may change!) so how much space is really needed? Cost isn't a massive factor but I just don't want to get the 2TB and realise I'm using less than 500G. I'll just be annoyed at myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

theteal wrote: »
    Folks, forgive me if already posted but has anyone got a link to get Halo 5 free?

I'm struggling to find it this morning

None yet, still showing for everybody just at a discounted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mossym wrote: »
    well worth the price i think. even if you don't use the paddles. use one for a few hours, then pick up the old one, and i doubt you'll disagree

Id like to see what the newest controller revision is like, they've taken some of the elite elements like the textured grip and applied it.

Its the weight of it that I like though, it feels proper quality and the standard feels cheap in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finally decided to get an elite, £101 on Amazon warehouse.

trixiebust wrote: »
    None yet, still showing for everybody just at a discounted price.

Cheers. Yeah, the discounted price that's still £10 dearer than an ebay link that popped up on my phone this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

sweetie wrote: »
    Finally decided to get an elite, £101 on Amazon warehouse.

Welcome to the brotherhood.... Sir Sweetie.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

I'm planning to go from my current Xbox360 to the One S on release- I've always used physical discs so I'm really not sure which storage option to go for- I'm not a big online player (but I suppose that may change!) so how much space is really needed? Cost isn't a massive factor but I just don't want to get the 2TB and realise I'm using less than 500G. I'll just be annoyed at myself...

You have to install every game to the HD before you play it so 500GB will fill up fairly quickly.

If you buy the 500GB you could end up spending €100 on a 1TB drive in a few months so it'll cost you €400 for 1.5TB.

Buy the 2TB Console now and it'll cost you €399. You also get the vertical stand in the box with the 2TB one.

Playing Inside now. My god it's every bit as good as Limbo and then some. Everything you loved about Limbo is in this and it still surpasses it in many other ways. Absolutely love this game.

You have to install every game to the HD before you play it so 500GB will fill up fairly quickly.

If you buy the 500GB you could end up spending €100 on a 1TB drive in a few months so it'll cost you €400 for 1.5TB.

Buy the 2TB Console now and it'll cost you €399. You also get the vertical stand in the box with the 2TB one.

:eek: Have the prices gone up massively?

My 1tb Toshiba was £34 (I actually paid £23.80 due to some amazon discount deal!)

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    :eek: Have the prices gone up massively?

My 1tb Toshiba was £34 (I actually paid £23.80 due to some amazon discount deal!)

You need a USB3 Drive.

I bought a Seagate Portable drive for €80 in Argos on sale and they do tend to go on sale quite often.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement