Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You need a USB3 Drive.

I bought a Seagate Portable drive for €80 in Argos on sale and they do tend to go on sale quite often.

It is USB 3

Amazon Warehouse is your friend

EDIT - and upon checking they have increased in price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm planning to go from my current Xbox360 to the One S on release- I've always used physical discs so I'm really not sure which storage option to go for- I'm not a big online player (but I suppose that may change!) so how much space is really needed? Cost isn't a massive factor but I just don't want to get the 2TB and realise I'm using less than 500G. I'll just be annoyed at myself...

I would ask if you have any plans of upgrading to Scorpio in 2017.

If so I would choose the 500gb Xbox One S and purchase a "portable" 2TB hard drive so when you upgrade you can transfer your games over to it.

If you don't plan on Scorpio in 2017 go with the 2TB Xbox One S. I think others will agree here that 2tb seems to be the sweet spot for most of us when it comes to game storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You have to install every game to the HD before you play it so 500GB will fill up fairly quickly.

I didn't realise you had to do that. TBH that's answers my question so! :)
    I would ask if you have any plans of upgrading to Scorpio in 2017.

At the moment, no. I'm not a hardcore enough gamer to want to keep up with everything immediately (obviously, since I'm still playing original xbox games on my 360!) but I do want an upgrade and some of the S specs look great. I reckon I'll pre-order the 2TB so. My birthday is at the end of July so perfect timing for a little treat for myself!

Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

qrx wrote: »

you've two devices no one wants? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

you've two devices no one wants? :pac:

Ah, you've just given me a good hearty laugh there, thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The second of August is the launch date for the Windows 10 anniversary update, coming to PC, Mobile, and Xbox One.

On Xbox One, they believe that Cortana is a highlight, but to be honest, the best feature is the updated "My Games and Apps", makes it so much easier to look upon your backlog and weep.

See here.

Separating location and language is a "new feature"?! I call that a bug fix and it should have been fixed years ago tbh. Now people might actually start using their stores. As at the moment if you want to use Cortana it also changes your stores region and currency.

CatInABox wrote: »
    The second of August is the launch date for the Windows 10 anniversary update, coming to PC, Mobile, and Xbox One.

On Xbox One, they believe that Cortana is a highlight, but to be honest, the best feature is the updated "My Games and Apps", makes it so much easier to look upon your backlog and weep.

See here.

Any sign of universal apps on the xbox with this release? I see VLC have just gone universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

qrx wrote: »
    Separating location and language is a "new feature"?! I call that a bug fix and it should have been fixed years ago tbh. Now people might actually start using their stores. As at the moment if you want to use Cortana it also changes your stores region and currency.

Language decoupling was a massive amount of work and was really only possible with the universal store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just finished Inside First time I've ever gotten 1000/1000 the same day a game has been released.

Still not sure what exactly happened, that game is fúcked up lol. Well worth the money tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

This is for anyone who is in the preview program that may also game share or have a 2nd xbox one.
    if you buy games through the preview store they wont work on the other console unless it is also in preview.

so buy games through website or the non preview console.

The Bioshock Collection will be available September 13th. Includes all Games + DLC. Pre-order available now.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/748488193184411649

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

All over that :)

maximoose wrote: »
    All over that :)

I never played :rolleyes:

The trailer for it:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Finally got my Elite controller. It's amazing! I feel like I should have initials after my name now :)

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Finally got my Elite controller. It's amazing! I feel like I should have initials after my name now :)

Arise Sir Gizmo of Boards.

Peasant, no more.

M400464.jpg

I was waiting for that lmao :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I was waiting for that lmao :D
    :D
    There must be an Xbox forum charter update to encompass the knighting of elite controller owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So how will New Xbox One Scorpio and PS4 Neo differ? They seem like pretty much the same

Doodleking wrote: »
    So how will New Xbox One Scorpio and PS4 Neo differ? They seem like pretty much the same

Only have rumoured specs for Neo at the moment but Scorpio is 40% more powerful. That's a lot.

"Despite a power differential, there aren't any huge differences between the new Xbox One and the new PlayStation 4.

- Both the new Xbox One and the new PlayStation 4 are capable of playing standard Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games (respectively).

- Both are capable of playing games in 4K/UltraHD resolution, though the new Xbox One has a slight advantage in its horsepower here.

- Both are capable of powering VR headsets, though the new PlayStation 4 has its own headset (PlayStation VR) while it's still unknown what VR headsets will work on the new Xbox One. We're guessing it'll be the Oculus Rift and/or the HTC Vive, but it could just as well be an unknown new headset from Microsoft, Google's Daydream project, or something else entirely. We just don't know.

- Both are meant to sit alongside the current Xbox One and PlayStation 4 rather than outright replace them. The original versions of both consoles will remain on sale even after these are both out.

You're probably thinking, "These sound a lot like the PlayStation 4 [or Xbox One] I own already!" And you're right. These are the same consoles you may already own, but more powerful than ever. If you've got a new 4K/UltraHD TV and you're looking to use it, these are the answer. For the rest of us, don't worry about trading in your original PlayStation 4 or Xbox One just yet.

Both play the same games as their predecessors. Both play games with 4K resolutions as well. Both have VR capability, though Sony makes its own VR headset and MS doesn't. These are the same consoles you already own, but more powerful and more capable. "

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Why do you think Scorpio is more powerful than Neo?

Doodleking wrote: »
    We know that the Scorpio targets native 4K gaming and that the Neo will upscale to 4k.

Native 4k gaming will demand more horse power.

Doodleking wrote:

We know Scorpio will have 6 teraflops of graphical power. Neo is rumoured to be about 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I was in HMV today and they'd a good few Xbox One games reduced by at least 50%. Some were only €10. Most of them were older games of course, but for any new Xbox One owners who prefer physical discs it's well worth a look.

Edit: Just realised this is more suited to the bargain alerts thread. D'oh.

So background music will come on August 2nd with the Anniversary update.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    So background music will come on August 2nd with the Anniversary update.
    Its been so long now I want foreground music also :D

Jeeze, I got a hefty suspension from the OCUK forums for typing a curse word.

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    In the future fully star out swearing or allow the auto filter.

Date the ban will be lifted: 5th Jul 2016, 20:00"

Luckily CatinaBox isn't so strict here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I know it's IGN. But an insightful video, from Ed Fries, for anyone interested in the history of XBox...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUULNTLw0Ko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement