Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The missus actually wanted to go in and get a few bits when we were there and I found one of the iExpand in with the headphones for €9 :D

Also got overcharged by €22 on something else so got €44 back on double the difference :D:D

Aha you lucky fcker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Aha you lucky fcker :pac:

Steeped :) I couldn't believe my luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have a problem ok! :eek::pac:

These things get fairly dusty too, this is my second time giving it a thorough cleaning now:

Any special head screwdrivers needed for that? Might not be a bad idea to do it.

I really need to take a vacuum cleaner to my plasma TV too, yesterday I noticed a lot of dust on the fans at the back, might try and suck some out through the vents.

Any special head screwdrivers needed for that? Might not be a bad idea to do it.

Just T9 & T10 Torx screwdrivers. Also some spudgers would be helpful.

Try to limit using a hoover on electronics as it causes a build up of static electricity on your devices which could in turn break them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Just T9 & T10 Torx screwdrivers. Also some spudgers would be helpful.

Try to limit using a hoover on electronics as it causes a build up of static electricity on your devices which could in turn break them.

I find that using a spray bottle filled with some water on the fans really helps with getting that new TV look after you take out the old one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Red Dead Redemption is finally going BC.

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/750389006823723008

About time! Is it April 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Red Dead Redemption kicks arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

The online is going to have people again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Do I pay the 7-8 quid to get it digitally in the sale so I don't have to go upstairs and get the disc?? Decisions :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well that's a definite purchase now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm ashamed to say that I have the GOTY edition of RDR for the last 2 or 3 years unopened as I was distracted by the Xbox One and PS4.

Guess I know what I'm playing next off my backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

CatInABox wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption is finally going BC.

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/750389006823723008

This is the one i've been waiting for. I'm super excited. Now all i have to do is make sure i can coach the missus enough to guarantee some tennis finals for her over the weekend, and some free time for me :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ibFoxer wrote: »
    This is the one i've been waiting for. I'm super excited. Now all i have to do is make sure i can coach the missus enough to guarantee some tennis finals for her over the weekend, and some free time for me :D

Your missus is playing in Wimbledon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I don't know how but I actually never played RDR so I am looking forward it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Your missus is playing in Wimbledon?

The way some of them talk about it, sometimes it feels like it :P:D

But no, local open week. Normally i'd play too, but xbox..... you know how it is :pac:

I picked up a regular controller in CeX today. Looks pristine condition.

I've never experienced true Left Stick Drift until now. Sweet lord!

I was thinking of getting one of them, not anymore. They're very hard to deal with.

My friend was getting rid of his 360 and they said it's not updated go home and update it, when he brought it back they said to factory reset it (losing the update), then back in the store they said update it. He told them to get lost and traded it into hmv and they sorted it in 10 minutes

Rorok wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting one of them, not anymore. They're very hard to deal with.

My friend was getting rid of his 360 and they said it's not updated go home and update it, when he brought it back they said to factory reset it (losing the update), then back in the store they said update it. He told them to get lost and traded it into hmv and they sorted it in 10 minutes

Ha really? :pac: Must be trolls working in that particular store.

I actually sold a 360 in CeX today and had no probs at all. Some stores are a LOT better than others tho I have noticed. Some very incompetent people in some stores.

Wasn't a green camo one was it? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,190 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Question if i buy RDR now on Xbox website will it be ok to play on Xbox One on Friday or do i have to wait until Friday to buy it digitally through the Xbox One console?

Wasn't a green camo one was it? ;)

No, a regular black one. Why, did you pawn off a dodgy controller to them? :pac:

Question if i buy RDR now on Xbox website will it be ok to play on Xbox One on Friday or do i have to wait until Friday to buy it digitally through the Xbox One console?

You can go onto the website and buy it, then on the games section thing go all the way right where all your deleted gwg's are and it'll be around there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If you buy it digitally, whether through Xbox.com or the console, then it'll show up on your console on Friday.

I bought RDR today. Turned out my game sharer already owned it. Oh well, I love throwing away money! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I bought RDR today. Turned out my game sharer already owned it. Oh well, I love throwing away money! :rolleyes:
    Yeah. I just bought Unravel today, too... coming to EA Access next week.

Ah well, I look forward to Ryse being August GwG now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Didn't expect to have to ask this, but has anyone with an Elite controller experienced analog stick drift?

My right stick started experiencing vertical drift pretty regularly about a week ago, only owned the thing for two months :( It's an amazing controller to play with and this problem really surprised me.

Took it into Gamestop with the receipt and they were very sympathetic (nice bunch in GS Dun Laoghaire), hopefully they should be able to replace it with a new one when they get in some stock this week. Fingers crossed.

Have to use my Lunar controller now like a goddamn savage!*

*Lunar controller is lovely to play with, nice rubber grips, very light.

Didn't expect to have to ask this, but has anyone with an Elite controller experienced analog stick drift?

My right stick started experiencing vertical drift pretty regularly about a week ago, only owned the thing for two months :( It's an amazing controller to play with and this problem really surprised me.

Took it into Gamestop with the receipt and they were very sympathetic (nice bunch in GS Dun Laoghaire), hopefully they should be able to replace it with a new one when they get in some stock this week. Fingers crossed.

Have to use my Lunar controller now like a goddamn savage!*

*Lunar controller is lovely to play with, nice rubber grips, very light.

Don't think anyone here has complained of it, so probably not. Aren't you able to set the deadzone in the controller app? Would that even help?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

CatInABox wrote: »
    Don't think anyone here has complained of it, so probably not. Aren't you able to set the deadzone in the controller app? Would that even help?

Hmm i never thought about downloading a specific app (think i knew there was one at some stage then promptly forgot) - i had checked the general device settings on the Xbox but there were only options for reprogramming buttons rather than re-calibration.

I'll check out the app later, cheers. Not sure if it will stop the drift but i should exhaust all options before giving it back to the store anyway.

• Advertisement

So Evolve is going Free to Play on PC. Perhaps the same will happen on consoles as well, so maybe hold off from buying it if it was on your wish list.

Of course, it's going free to play because no-one was buying it in the first place, so....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement