Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    So Evolve is going Free to Play on PC. Perhaps the same will happen on consoles as well, so maybe hold off from buying it if it was on your wish list.

Of course, it's going free to play because no-one was buying it in the first place, so....

Yeah, terrible game. Think i played 15 mins before consigning it to the back room. Had the premium edition too, 90 quid :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I thought there waw a thread dedicated to this so apologies cas I can't find it!

Whats the best site to buy a 12month + xbox live membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nalz wrote: »
    I thought there waw a thread dedicated to this so apologies cas I can't find it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688&page=76

Nalz wrote: »

Way the pound is at the minute it's a good time to be looking works out around 36eu for a 12 month code here http://www.electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/12-month-gold-membership-subscription/

I've bought mine from them a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So Evolve is going Free to Play on PC. Perhaps the same will happen on consoles as well, so maybe hold off from buying it if it was on your wish list.

Of course, it's going free to play because no-one was buying it in the first place, so....

They said it will be free to play on PC in a sort of "beta test" that will last probably a few months then they will do the same for XB1/PS4: http://www.gamesradar.com/evolve-will-be-free-to-play-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-after-beta-testing-on-pc/?utm_content=buffer53c48&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

• Advertisement

As far as I know that DLC was always free, it's not the significant stuff like Liar's and Cheats and Undead Nightmare from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Liars and Cheats
    Myths and Mavericks
    Outlaws to the End
    Hunting and Trading

Those are the free DLCs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

As far as I know that DLC was always free, it's not the significant stuff like Liar's and Cheats and Undead Nightmare from what I can see.

The Undead Nightmare pack is showing as free for me:
    https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/DLC/Undead-Nightmare-Collection/6e294b5a-8002-4d4c-9bf0-7a80bf4b87db

EDIT: Never mind, think I purchased this way back when, so it's now showing free for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's the standalone game you've linked, shows at €18.99 for me

This is the add-on DLC, just bought it for €9.49 this morning so I hope it's not free!

Hmmm, it is entirely possible that I purchased the Undead pack back in the day, so maybe that's why it's free for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Hmmm, it is entirely possible that I purchased the Undead pack back in the day, so maybe that's why it's free for me.

You had my hopes up, when I clicked on the link it took to the Buy screen with no price until I clicked on Buy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

maximoose wrote:
    That's the standalone game you've linked, shows at €18.99 for me

Shows at that price for me too so it's not free unfortunately :P

Odd some of them had prices attached when I checked on Xbox site, was signed in too, but they list as free when I was on the 360 store while I was moving my save to the cloud storage.

• Anyone tested the performance levels for RDR on X1 yet?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone tested the performance levels for RDR on X1 yet?

Working on it now because boots me off line when I try to go to multiplayer from the main menu. Both on One and 360. Anyone else got that problem?

Edit: Can't access cloud saves now either can I

Seems there are some issues with live maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Anyone having issues installing be RDR? Stopping at 2 % for me. DLC is installing though. Hard reset won't work either.

Digital Foundry comparison

• Having issues getting into multiplayer game.
    Single player works great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Having issues getting into multiplayer game.
    Servers probably getting hammered.

No sign of my previous saved games and cannot launch Undead Nightmare. Anyone having the same issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

I can't even get through the purchasing bit let alone install. Serious server issues I'd imagine.

EDIT: Live has issues

Having issues getting into multiplayer game.

Start it in single player and then go to MP from the menu. If I try to go in from the title screen I get a loading loop or something to do with other players message.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No sign of my previous saved games and cannot launch Undead Nightmare. Anyone having the same issues?

I'm in a similar, but also worse, situation. No cloud save, and it seems like Microsoft doesn't have any record of my Undead Nightmare. I distinctly remember downloading it back in the day, but now it's asking me to purchase it again. Really don't think I had the two in one disk, so I'm kinda confused about it now.

I'm in a similar, but also worse, situation. No cloud save, and it seems like Microsoft doesn't have any record of my Undead Nightmare. I distinctly remember downloading it back in the day, but now it's asking me to purchase it again. Really don't think I had the two in one disk, so I'm kinda confused about it now.

Think you can view purchase history all the way back if you go the billing section on the site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Think you can view purchase history all the way back if you go the billing section on the site.

That, and my steam purchase history, are two places I never want to see. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I bought the digital version of RDR on my 360 a few months back in anticipation of this moment. Even though I played this game to death years ago, I'm probably more excited about its bc release than any brand new AAA title.

I've been playing videogames since 1982 and no other game got me in the feels quite like Red Dead. John Marston might be the most well fleshed out videogame character ever.

That, and my steam purchase history, are two places I never want to see. :(

Enter the website of shame: https://steamdb.info/calculator/

I bought the digital version of RDR on my 360 a few months back in anticipation of this moment. Even though I played this game to death years ago, I'm probably more excited about its bc release than any brand new AAA game.

I've been playing videogames since 1982 and no other game got me in the feels quite like Red Dead. John Marston might be the most well fleshed out videogame character ever.

I'm looking forward to playing it for the first time ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I envy you. You're about to experience something that is truly epic in scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

You've actually never played it at all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement