Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You've actually never played it at all?

Nope never. About to pop by RDR cherry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just started playing RDR myself. Virgin too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Never played it either. Cracked under all the excitement though and bought it yesterday. I know very little about it either so don't really know what to expect gameplay wise. Looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I am so annoyed with the Multiplayer!
    I havent played it in years and ever session I have gone in has players that are invisible and killing you! :(

Edit: And this is why its happening https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/4rvfhb/red_deads_multiplayer_what_every_player_must_know/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For years, every time I've started a third person open world game, I've always tapped the button to sprint, despite just needing to hold it down.

Just started RDR there, and now I realise that this is the reason why.

Fecking carpal tunnel syndrome inducer.

• Advertisement

Amazon have opened pre-orders for Xbox Play-Anywhere titles: http://gameidealist.com/news/amazon-opens-preorders-xbox-play-anywhere-versions-forza-horizon-3-gears-war-4/

The digital game cards look like this:

iDSCmw3.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just started playing Dead Rising 3. Don't know how I never got around to this. I suppose I chose Ryse Son of Rome back on launch night in 2013 and so completely missed this gem of a game.

Any ways, I'm currently on Chapter 2 - with the fat guy looking for Zombrex in a basement. I have a few questions;

1. Is it possible to get indestructible weapons/vehicles?
    2. What happens if I run out of time before completing the game?
    3. If I finish, can I go back to clean up achievements or do I have to start again?
    I'm loving killing hordes of zombies but I'm constantly thinking of the countdown clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just started playing Dead Rising 3. Don't know how I never got around to this. I suppose I chose Ryse Son of Rome back on launch night in 2013 and so completely missed this gem of a game.

Any ways, I'm currently on Chapter 2 - with the fat guy looking for Zombrex in a basement. I have a few questions;

1. Is it possible to get indestructible weapons/vehicles?
    2. What happens if I run out of time before completing the game?
    3. If I finish, can I go back to clean up achievements or do I have to start again?
    I'm loving killing hordes of zombies but I'm constantly thinking of the countdown clock.

I'm not sure if it's the same but this was what it was like in DR2
    1. No
    2. In DR2 you'd died and go back about an hour or so (in game), however that was a bit different
    3. I'd say so, all zombie games make an excuse for a reason to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I am so annoyed with the Multiplayer!
    I havent played it in years and ever session I have gone in has players that are invisible and killing you! :(

Edit: And this is why its happening https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/4rvfhb/red_deads_multiplayer_what_every_player_must_know/

For anyone that feels like a non glitched game, i and some of my buddies will be playing a lot of RDR over the coming weeks and will probably mostly do private games, hunting banditos and that kind of lark. All more than welcome to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

ibFoxer wrote: »
    For anyone that feels like a non glitched game, i and some of my buddies will be playing a lot of RDR over the coming weeks and will probably mostly do private games, hunting banditos and that kind of lark. All more than welcome to join.

I've just added you there now, hopefully I will be on later tonight for a bit of a shoot out in Armadillo :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

My save isn't working so I'm starting red dead redemption all over again :)
    It's nice to be able to see the screen on the new to compared to the last though so I'm not annoyed, never finished it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I've just added you there now, hopefully I will be on later tonight for a bit of a shoot out in Armadillo :D

Saw the add, returned in kind. Waiting on folk t install the game now.....Fell like Cartman waiting for the gamesphere.

Will probably be on a good bit during the week.

Possible first Xbox ONE S bundle.

CnFv2mtWAAEhK1k.jpg

Today, in partnership with Twitch, we’re pleased to announce capture card support for Twitch Xbox One broadcasters on Xbox Live. Previously, only Xbox One players broadcasting their gameplay via the Xbox Twitch app could take advantage of the several different ways to amplify their content and channel on Xbox Live to share updates and grow their audience.
    Now, any Twitch user who has linked their Xbox Live and Twitch accounts together and is broadcasting an Xbox One game using a capture card will automatically have their content amplified in the following places:

xbox-one-capture-card-update-broadcast.png?w=780&h=439

• The Activity Feed on Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10, iOS and Android
    • Notifications to their followers on Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10, iOS and Android
    • Game Product Details Page in the Xbox Store

To make sure your Twitch broadcasts are amplified across Xbox Live, all you need to do is link your Xbox Live and Twitch accounts within the Twitch app. From there, use your favorite capture card and broadcasting software on PC, broadcast to Twitch like you normally do, and ensure you’re correctly identifying the game you’re playing. And that’s it! This new feature is starting to roll out today and I look forward to seeing all of your Twitch broadcasts on Xbox Live!

https://majornelson.com/2016/07/12/capture-cards-now-supported-for-twitch-broadcasters-on-xbox-live/

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Possible first Xbox ONE S bundle.

Box art is very PS4-esque.

Another:

CnQDTWgXgAAuf1f.jpg

That's a pretty damn nice console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Have they touched up RDR a bit for the One? Since last playing it I upgraded to a hi def 40 inch TV which I thought might make the older gen graphics look a bit crappy. But it looks amazing.

Also, the music may be the best part of the game - especially when the action ramps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Have they touched up RDR a bit for the One? Since last playing it I upgraded to a hi def 40 inch TV which I thought might make the older gen graphics look a bit crappy. But it looks amazing.

Also, the music may be the best part of the game - especially when the action ramps up.

The game is 100% the same as on 360 - they essentially run the 360 game within an emulator (the One pretending to be a 360). The only changes come from how the emulator attempts to use vSyanc to lock the frame rate. It actually improves performance during some busy scenes.

That's part of the beauty of the Back Compat one Xbox One compared to the Back Compat on 360 to play original games. There is little to no work required by developers to release a game as back compat - Microsoft can update the emulator, but the publisher just has tk say OK to let it be released. On the 360 there was a heap of work to do which is why most never bothered.

That being said, it holds up very well and I'm enjoying that my save game was never in the cloud - I have to go from the start and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The game is 100% the same as on 360 - they essentially run the 360 game within an emulator (the One pretending to be a 360). The only changes come from how the emulator attempts to use vSyanc to lock the frame rate. It actually improves performance during some busy scenes.

That's part of the beauty of the Back Compat one Xbox One compared to the Back Compat on 360 to play original games. There is little to no work required by developers to release a game as back compat - Microsoft can update the emulator, but the publisher just has tk say OK to let it be released. On the 360 there was a heap of work to do which is why most never bothered.

That being said, it holds up very well and I'm enjoying that my save game was never in the cloud - I have to go from the start and love it.

You can thank dastardly Don for all of this!

If the X1 was riding high and dominating the market would MS be busting it's guts to work on the emulator and back compatability?

Probably not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

quad_red wrote: »
    You can thank dastardly Don for all of this!

If the X1 was riding high and dominating the market would MS be busting it's guts to work on the emulator and back compatability?

Probably not.

Definitely not, or at least, if the Xbox One was dominating, then Don Mattress would still be in charge, meaning that we'd have a Sky box that happened to play games.

To be honest, I much prefer this turn of events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    Definitely not, or at least, if the Xbox One was dominating, then Don Mattress would still be in charge, meaning that we'd have a Sky box that happened to play games.

To be honest, I much prefer this turn of events.

Emulation was being worked on well before the console was even released to the public.

quad_red wrote: »
    dastardly Don

:pac::pac:
    Emulation was being worked on well before the console was even released to the public.

That's good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Eurogamers digital foundry tested the game and have said that it actually runs better on xb1 than it ever did on 360, it maintains 30fps by and large and all screen tearing is gone also. I hadn't planned on playing it through again, but dammit it'd be a crime not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gears S is up for pre-order on American Amazon now. $50 more than standard 2TB isn't bad as it includes Gears 4 too. https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-2TB-Console-Limited-Bundle/dp/B01IFE1XV2/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&pc_redir=T1&qid=1468520154&ref=spkm_0_0_2558840382

Gears S is up for pre-order on American Amazon now. $50 more than standard 2TB isn't bad as it includes Gears 4 too. https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-2TB-Console-Limited-Bundle/dp/B01IFE1XV2/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&pc_redir=T1&qid=1468520154&ref=spkm_0_0_2558840382

Those controllers are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,130 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The white console is much nicer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just downloaded RDR as I had GOTY edition discs here as I still love my 360 too :)

Each time I went to play after the DL I had to insert the disc?? Is that the same for all editions?

It's not like I don't mind getting up off the couch, walking over and inserting the disc over and over when I have its DL'ed as well :D

amadablam wrote: »
    Just downloaded RDR as I had GOTY edition discs here as I still love my 360 too :)

Each time I went to play after the DL I had to insert the disc?? Is that the same for all editions?

It's not like I don't mind getting up off the couch, walking over and inserting the disc over and over when I have its DL'ed as well :D

Yeah the disc acts as the license. How else will it know you own it? If you didn't have to insert the disc, you could just pass it around to everyone :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Yeah the disc acts as the license. How else will it know you own it? If you didn't have to insert the disc, you could just pass it around to everyone :o

Cheers MiskyBoyy

I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing :eek:

I guess instead of instead of saving for the Elite controller, I will be getting one of these first :(

pct_395367.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement