Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We can't use Groove? That's a pretty bizarre move...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We can't use Groove? That's a pretty bizarre move...

Judging by the steps that you have to go through to get it working, I'd say we're not meant to have access at all yet.

Groove is also being turned into a UWP app, so I'd hazard a guess that it'll need to be updated to that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

CatInABox wrote: »
    Have to say Max, that made my night so much funnier!

The worst thing about it is that I saw it was changed and thought to myself "Ah I'll finish this sentence and then correct it" then forgot about it

Is a 2TB hard drive (dosent have to be plugged in, just hook up by usb) a good price for E77 on amazon? Cheers

Was thinking of getting the S but a bigger hard drive is mainly what I need.

Whats the link? I need to get a new one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Whats the link? I need to get a new one myself

Probably this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468927546&sr=8-1&keywords=2tb+portable

€77.42 delivered to a UK address (Parcel Motel etc.) or
    €79.35 delivered to an Irish address

Always turn off Amazon's currency converter (pay in ££) and use Revolut if possible for the best rates/price.

• Advertisement

Nice, I came across this one but not sure if it will work on the One
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Canvio-Connect-External-Drive/dp/B00TB7KFAS/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i

Nice, I came across this one but not sure if it will work on the One

It's USB 3.0 it should work on xb1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Probably this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468927546&sr=8-1&keywords=2tb+portable

€77.42 delivered to a UK address (Parcel Motel etc.) or
    €79.35 delivered to an Irish address

Always turn off Amazon's currency converter (pay in ££) and use Revolut if possible for the best rates/price.

Yeah thas the one.

Sorry Max only seeing your post now.

No worries, if your getting it or to anyone who is getting it, this code will give you £10 off any order of £25 or more
    CWH2-BKJ8NE-B975YR

No worries, if your getting it or to anyone who is getting it, this code will give you £10 off any order of £25 or more
    CWH2-BKJ8NE-B975YR

Cheers mate. I tried to use the code and it says invalid. Is it a code everyone can use or will it only work for the first person to use it? Cheers for posting it in any case.

• Advertisement

It only works once but I havent used it and I've only posted it here, I'm not sure but it could be connected to my email/login so it might not work for anyone else :/

Does anyone know if disabling the Game DVR on Xbox ONE gives it a slight performance boost for games/everything else?

In theory it should but I can't find any solid evidence regarding it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Has anyone had any problems with Elite controllers? I had to return one cos the right trigger was faulty and now this new one has an issue with the d-pad, it's like the metal cross isn't sitting right on the green cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with Elite controllers? I had to return one cos the right trigger was faulty and now this new one has an issue with the d-pad, it's like the metal cross isn't sitting right on the green cross.

Sssssh, talk like that about the Elite controller will get you lynched! :)

Looks pretty bad ass all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Had to have mine replaced last week, right analogue was drifting. In fairness it wasn't too much of a hassle, new one seems good so far.

Had to have mine replaced last week, right analogue was drifting. In fairness it wasn't to much of a hassle, new one seems good so far.

I got a replacement today and it seems fine. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

How are argos with drift issues? one of my normal controllers is pushing forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Elite Controllers come to around €130 on Amazon, tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Elite Controllers come to around €130 on Amazon, tempted.

Got one off Warehouse deals for a little over €100 and it was perfect, apart from the box obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

B_Sharp wrote:
    Got one off Warehouse deals for a little over €100 and it was perfect, apart from the box obviously.

Me too but that was with the prime day 20% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I had to return mine because down on the dpad only worked if you pressed it hard , next one was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Really surprised controllers are breaking on people. I've the stock controllers and not one issue with them. I've never experienced thumb stick drift. Kids have given them a battering and they're still good. Even had the casing split apart when one was dropped. It just clicked back together.

Finally got the witcher 3 from my local library today.

They dont get many games in but saw a few months ago they had it on their shelf but by the time I signed up for a card it was loaned out.

I reserved it so they'd text me when it came back in.

Went and got it today and it wouldnt work. The ****e on the disc was a disgrace. Looked like actual food marks on it.

I used to have a friend I would swap games with the same. Loads of food and marks on the disc.

Who does that!!

They dont get many games in but saw a few months ago they had it on their shelf but by the time I signed up for a card it was loaned out.

Went and got it today and it wouldnt work. The ****e on the disc was a disgrace. Looked like actual food marks on it.

I used to have a friend I would swap games with the same. Loads of food and marks on the disc.

Who does that!!

It's €36.59 on cd keys. Worth every penny.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-xbox-one

Ah yeah mate thanks. Its E25 in Smyths. Just disgusted after all these months holding out for a free copy :P

I couldn't believe it when my friend told me years ago you could get games from a library. A LIBRARY!

Both his parents work in libraries in Dublin. Whenever they get new games in, he gets them to take any free trials or codes out of the boxes to give to him :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Who does that!!

Those monsters, they probably like brushing their teeth and then downing a glass of orange juice!

Scratched and missing disks are one of the many reasons that I've gone digital this generation. Haven't had a reason to regret that decision yet, it's been fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So, I've had Fallout 4 since Christmas (Pip Boy Edition) but haven't started it yet. Was playing The Witcher for such a long time that I needed a break.

Is it worth it? For anyone that's played TW3, how does it compare? Step up, down or sideways? I've heard great stories but then I've read drastic ones too. Yay or nay?

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    So, I've had Fallout 4 since Christmas (Pip Boy Edition) but haven't started it yet. Was playing The Witcher for such a long time that I needed a break.

Is it worth it? For anyone that's played TW3, how does it compare? Step up, down or sideways? I've heard great stories but then I've read drastic ones too. Yay or nay?

Have you played any other the other Fallout or Elder Scrolls games? If not it'll be a decent experience, but if you've played those games it's very poor in terms of the main plot, world is great but the factions and story wasn't great compared to FO3 and New Vegas.

Don't think it's fair to compare it to the witcher as it's not really the same, personally though Witcher dumps all over this and almost every other Action Adventure / RPG in years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement