Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Wow some amazing art style in those pictures in that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wow some amazing art style in those pictures in that link.

Looks incredible. It was one of the more hyped about games at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*looks at back log*

*stares at screen*

*looks at back log*

*reaches for credit card*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Any idea what this means?

noticed it on one of my friends profile

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Must have been reported once or more for whatever reason!

Can check your own profile here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/home/reputation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Really like the look of this. Handy that there is a trial as well though so I get to try it before I buy it :D

Not the kind of game I want to play a preview of or in an unfinished state. Pretty pricey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

maximoose wrote: »
    Must have been reported once or more for whatever reason!

Can check your own profile here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/home/reputation

How do i "praise" him on xbox one. Can only see report

Not the kind of game I want to play a preview of or in an unfinished state. Pretty pricey too.

Is this not the full release? I don't see any mention of game preview on the page.

Edit: I just read the description there and it does indeed say Game Preview in the very first line :D

Seems like I had the completely wrong idea about this game, I was expecting Bioshock like, but from what I've just read from the developers on their reddit post it's procedurely generated with survival elements :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Sick if xbox one controllers. I bought a brand new one 2 months ago and it's been broke with 2 weeks now. Been through 3 in the last year

Should I buy an elite controller ? I only really play fifa but surely it would last longer than the standard controller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Sick if xbox one controllers. I bought a brand new one 2 months ago and it's been broke with 2 weeks now. Been through 3 in the last year

Should I buy an elite controller ? I only really play fifa but surely it would last longer than the standard controller ?

I wouldn't waste my money on the elite controller if you are going through the standard ones.

I don't know what you are doing to them as I have two standard and both are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I wouldn't waste my money on the elite controller if you are going through the standard ones.

I don't know what you are doing to them as I have two standard and both are fine.

The left stick went on every controller I had. Maybe it's way I play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

rottie 11 wrote: »
    The left stick went on every controller I had. Maybe it's way I play

Known fault. Substandard materials used.

May be a known fault but it definitely has something to do with how people play.

Have XB1 since Day 1 and not a single fault with any controllers including the original day 1 edition. The sticks and buttons get a little looser over time with wear and tear but that's to be expected.

May be a known fault but it definitely has something to do with how people play.

Have XB1 since Day 1 and not a single fault with any controllers including the original day 1 edition. The sticks and buttons get a little looser over time with wear and tear but that's to be expected.

Agree with it being down to how folks play to a point, I've over 1000 hours in Borderlands 2 on 360 and couldn't count the times I've sprinted while back peddling or crouched in other games , which means I'm heavy on the left stick.

My day one is going good still but I've had stick drift on 3 newer ones in a relatively short space. Argos have had 2 back from me in the last 6 months and I put it 100% down to me clicking when I shouldn't.

I'd advise anyone looking at an elite to solve their problem to look elsewhere if reddit and the failure rate is anything to go by. At least here we have a sale of goods and services act to protect us, poor saps in the US get what 90 days without a paid warranty ?????

There's always Argos product care. For a standard controller, get 3 year insurance on it for just €14.99. Even if it's your fault it breaks from "dropping it" then they'll give you a brand new one no questions asked. For the more heavy handed, this would be the way to go.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/replacementCover.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I never had to replace a 360 controller. I've gone through 5 regular Xbox One controllers. I don't believe the problems are from how I play, if that was the case my 360 controller would have broken. They're just crap quality.

Edit: Actually, I did have to replace a 360 controller cos the thumbsticks were worn but that's to be expected after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Second that on the xbox one controller. The design is absolutely perfect but the build quality felt cheap from the first time I held it. I still have an old xbox controller from 2004 (the smaller revised version) and the triggers and buttons were much more responsive and durable than any standard controller Microsoft have made since.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd advise anyone looking at an elite to solve their problem to look elsewhere if reddit and the failure rate is anything to go by. At least here we have a sale of goods and services act to protect us, poor saps in the US get what 90 days without a paid warranty ?????

America is just weird. For a country that is so consumerist, most of their laws and regulations are blatantly anti-consumer. And then there's their maternity laws and holidays and I just really can't figure out why people would choose to work there.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the third party controllers? They might be the way to go for people with "strong hands". :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

CatInABox wrote: »
    America is just weird. For a country that is so consumerist, most of their laws and regulations are blatantly anti-consumer. And then there's their maternity laws and holidays and I just really can't figure out why people would choose to work there.

lived there for 6 years, in fairness, customer service means something over there. when you ring customer service, they typically want to help you, rather than the reaction here whereby the person does as much as possible to convince you that you the biggest hassle they have faced in their life to date. with all the laws and consumer protection here, i've had way more problems with customer service since moving back than i ever had there.

and going off topic now, but why would you work there? double the wages, better amenties, more choice of things to do in your free time, and with the wages you can go away every weekend meaning having holidays not as important

plenty of downsides too, but there are loads of reasons to live/work there. same as ireland really

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mossym wrote: »
    lived there for 6 years, in fairness, customer service means something over there. when you ring customer service, they typically want to help you, rather than the reaction here whereby the person does as much as possible to convince you that you the biggest hassle they have faced in their life to date. with all the laws and consumer protection here, i've had way more problems with customer service since moving back than i ever had there.

and going off topic now, but why would you work there? double the wages, better amenties, more choice of things to do in your free time, and with the wages you can go away every weekend meaning having holidays not as important

plenty of downsides too, but there are loads of reasons to live/work there. same as ireland really

Ah yes, the famous Irish customer service, "Whada want, ye muppet".

Yeah, I can see the attraction, but only at a different time in my life I suppose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah yes, the famous Irish customer service, "Whada want, ye muppet".

Yeah, I can see the attraction, but only at a different time in my life I suppose.

for sure, i moved there when i was 22, packed my bags on a friday after my last college exam, and got on a plane on the monday to california. great place to be at that age, but back 10 years now, 2 kids, and know life would be very different over there now and better where i am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I've had multiple controllers with very little use get left stick drift, there was a manufacturing flaw that was rectified on later production runs. From my experience about 6 out of 100 controllers develop drift.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I never had to replace a 360 controller. I've gone through 5 regular Xbox One controllers. I don't believe the problems are from how I play, if that was the case my 360 controller would have broken. They're just crap quality.

Edit: Actually, I did have to replace a 360 controller cos the thumbsticks were worn but that's to be expected after a few years.

This is my story to a tee, nearly. Never broke one 360 controller but had to replace numerous thumbsticks due to the rubber grip cover having worn through to the plastic underneath. I think I've now broken about 18 controllers, same left thumbstick issue every time but one - RB button gave way in the other.

Great controller but corners were cut on at least one part of the internals.

MiskyBoy, good suggestion on the Argos aftercare thing, might do that, everytime I return one to the retailer I'm expecting to be refused and barred lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Liamalone wrote: »
    This is my story to a tee, nearly. Never broke one 360 controller but had to replace numerous thumbsticks due to the rubber grip cover having worn through to the plastic underneath. I think I've now broken about 18 controllers, same left thumbstick issue every time but one - RB button gave way in the other.

Great controller but corners were cut on at least one part of the internals.

MiskyBoy, good suggestion on the Argos aftercare thing, might do that, everytime I return one to the retailer I'm expecting to be refused and barred lol

You are on the other end of the example though, you must really be hammering the controller :p

You are on the other end of the example though, you must really be hammering the controller :p

Olde Hamfist :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Olde Hamfist :D

"But I'm a laaadddddddyyyy"

I don't go hard on them tbh, I treat them the very best, they only go pop when playing Fifa but then again I play little else these days.

Liamalone wrote: »
    "But I'm a laaadddddddyyyy"

I don't go hard on them tbh, I treat them the very best, they only go pop when playing Fifa but then again I play little else these days.

I think Fifa is the problem. Everyone who has a dodgy controller plays Fifa :D

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement