Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Please stop posting these images. I get paid tomorrow and I have bills to pay and the car to tax but by god are you tempting me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Please stop posting these images. I get paid tomorrow and I have bills to pay and the car to tax but by god are you tempting me :D

No external psu either and they fit upright in an ikea tv unit. You should buy two.

No external psu either and they fit upright in an ikea tv unit. You should buy two.

Stop It Stop It Stop It :D

Stop It Stop It Stop It :D

Free ultrahd cable too! Physical push on/off button! Zomg!

Free ultrahd cable too! Physical push on/off button! Zomg!

And I have a 4K TV :D god dam it :D

• Advertisement

Yeah but the poxy thing is white, 2006 called and they want their 360 back :pac:

Yeah but the poxy thing is white, 2006 called and they want their 360 back :pac:

Not all of them, the dev kits are sexy off-white with a pattern and there are tons of coloured bundles.

And I have a 4K TV :D god dam it :D

Cheapest 4kplayer around. Uses less power. Would save you money. Controllers also feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I've never really had a problem with the style or size of the original Xbox One, but seeing them side by side, it really does look like a twenty year old piece of technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Not all of them, the dev kits are sexy off-white with a pattern and there are tons of coloured bundles.

Really? All I've seen so far is the white and GOW red bundle.

• Advertisement

I've never really had a problem with the style or size of the original Xbox One, but seeing them side by side, it really does look like a twenty year old piece of technology.

I think the original xbox one was overengineered, just look at the capacitive on button with its built in speaker :/ They were also terrified about heating issues hence the massive size and external PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Agree with it being down to how folks play to a point, I've over 1000 hours in Borderlands 2 on 360 and couldn't count the times I've sprinted while back peddling or crouched in other games , which means I'm heavy on the left stick.

:eek::eek::eek:

I have to play 870 more hours to catch up to you ;)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

I have to play 870 more hours to catch up to you ;)

Ha that game was like crack to me , few if any others had their hooks in me that deep. I normally finish a game and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Really? All I've seen so far is the white and GOW red bundle.

While the One S looks great in white, I will wait until a black one is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    While the One S looks great in white, I will wait until a black one is released.

I concur. While i do love my white tech, it would throw off the whole balance :pac:

Will the shops have bundles for the S when its released on Tuesday?

Smyths and Gamestop don't seem to be offering any games with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Will the shops have bundles for the S when its released on Tuesday?

Smyths and Gamestop don't seem to be offering any games with it.

I spoke to my local GameStop this morning and they said there would be a game with it but no details yet.
    But that could mean for €450 you get the console and a newish game with a tenner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Asked in Smyths the other day said they should be up on the website today or tomorrow if i remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is there any tablet/laptop better than the linx vision8 to do the Xbox not on tv thing for around the same sort of price

Anyone else get an email from the Xbox rewards thing??? Seems they've got some new badges or some rubbish and have just given me 5000 credits (about €4) for being in the top tier 100k+ gamerscore , I knew those achievements would be good for something one day :pac:
    That's right. You're one of the elite few who made our brand-new HIGHEST-EVER tier! To say congratulations, we'd like to offer you a special token of our appreciation for your skills… some money to spend in the Xbox Store. You should see 5,000 Rewards Credits in your August Rewards deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I've only got 20000 gamerscore, had the account for 5 years and share it with my brother (was never bothered to make separate accounts and he never uses it). Never understood how people could get so much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xbox ONE S compared to PS4:

20160730_120957-3-1024x576.jpg

20160730_171232-1024x576.jpg

Xbox ONE S compared to PS4:

20160730_120957-3-1024x576.jpg

20160730_171232-1024x576.jpg

I thought they were out next week?

I thought they were out next week?

It is, out on Tuesday.

They're not my pics...;)

It is, out on Tuesday.

They're not my pics...;)

I thought I read it as a picture of my PS4 compared to my One S :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Anyone hear of any bundles for tomorrow's launch? still nothing on the gamestop website.

Turned on the One this morning to this screen.

Does this mean an update failed last night?

Turned on the One this morning to this screen.

Does this mean an update failed last night?

Pretty much. It's usually when the update gets interrupted, xbox loses power etc.

You can give the offline update tool a try: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

Pretty much. It's usually when the update gets interrupted, xbox loses power etc.

You can give the offline update tool a try: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

Cheers. Just trying that now.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Just trying that now.

Ended up having to factory reset. There really is something to be said for having your games on an external hard drive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement