Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Ok guys, I need some help, I am very paranoid about trading in my consoles as I dont want any of my stuff to still be on it.
    I am looking at trading in my One against the One S, Gamestop(eurgh) seem to have the best deal I could see.
    If I delete my profile from my console along with all the games, would I be able to redownload them on the new console?
    Would I be better off doing something like a factory reset on it?
    My main concern is losing any games I purchased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ok guys, I need some help, I am very paranoid about trading in my consoles as I dont want any of my stuff to still be on it.
    I am looking at trading in my One against the One S, Gamestop(eurgh) seem to have the best deal I could see.
    If I delete my profile from my console along with all the games, would I be able to redownload them on the new console?

Games are linked to you profile
    You can re download them when you log into new xbox.

Thank You sir!
    Guess I'll be going in on Saturday, hopefully they will have some in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thank You sir!
    Guess I'll be going in on Saturday, hopefully they will have some in stock

Factory reset it to kill home console and your profiles. The games themselves don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You would actually better off trading in your Xbox to CEX. They give you money for the console, money for the controller and for your kinect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

joe123 wrote: »
    You would actually better off trading in your Xbox to CEX. They give you money for the console, money for the controller and for your kinect.

Gamestop are giving you more against if you are buyinging One S in the same sale. You also get a head set, second controller for €30 and 3 months Gold.

CEX have a set price that you can see on their website. Even at flat cash value Gamestop are giving you €20 more against the One S. As much as I hate Gamestop they have the best tradin deal going right now if you want to flog off the old console. With the One S out now you won't get decent trade ins again from now on. The second hand value of the One has dropped and it's only going to get worse once the market is flooded with trade ins that the shops can't shift.

I dont have a Kinect and CEX were offering less for what I would get to pay for the One S

Gamestop are giving you more against if you are buyinging One S in the same sale. You also get a head set, second controller for €30 and 3 months Gold.

CEX have a set price that you can see on their website. Even at flat cash value Gamestop are giving you €20 more against the One S. As much as I hate Gamestop they have the best tradin deal going right now if you want to flog off the old console. With the One S out now you won't get decent trade ins again from now on. The second hand value of the One has dropped and it's only going to get worse once the market is flooded with trade ins that the shops can't shift.
    I dont have a Kinect and CEX were offering less for what I would get to pay for the One S

Using the RRP of €399 for Xbox S -

Gamestop are offering the Xbox S for €239 when you trade in a 500gb Xbox One. Basically they are paying you €160 for your 500gb console.

If you trade in your 500gb console to CEX they are offering -

500gb Console - €143
    Xbox Controller - €18
    Kinect - €23

Which means they are giving you €184 for your trade in. €24 more than what you would get from the Gamestop trade in.

Unless I missed something?

Gamestop are offering the Xbox S for €239 when you trade in a 500gb Xbox One. Basically they are paying you €160 for your 500gb console.

500gb Console - €143
    Xbox Controller - €18
    Kinect - €23

Which means they are giving you €184 for your trade in. €24 more than what you would get from the Gamestop trade in.

You have to give a controller with the console so you'd only get E143

I would assume that you would be required to include the controller that came with the console when you trade it in and you would not get to trade it in seperately but I could be wrong, I will check with the store and if I can trade in the console and controller seperately, I could do that.

Never mind, Cactus just answered my question

• Advertisement

I would assume that you would be required to include the controller that came with the console when you trade it in and you would not get to trade it in seperately but I could be wrong, I will check with the store and if I can trade in the console and controller seperately, I could do that.

You can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

500gb Console - €143
    Xbox Controller - €18
    Kinect - €23

Yep, CEX website lists boxed 500gb One with no Kinect as I don't have that SKU is €148 cash. Noting extra for a controler as it's assumed as included with the boxed console.

Unless that's changed recently? My friend traded in his Xbox One last year and they gave him money for the console and then gave him extra for the controller. He even showed me the receipt when he came out.

Either it was a mistake or they have changed that policy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ But did he successfully 'reconstruct' it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That little Master Chief inscribed inside is so cool

IbouS2l.jpg?1

Happy Dungeons is out today in game preview, free to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That little Master Chief inscribed inside is so cool

IbouS2l.jpg?1

So cool in fact that has me thinking why not have it on the outside so the majority of people will see it.

So cool in fact that has me thinking why not have it on the outside so the majority of people will see it.

MS love hiding things like that in hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless that's changed recently? My friend traded in his Xbox One last year and they gave him money for the console and then gave him extra for the controller. He even showed me the receipt when he came out.

Either it was a mistake or they have changed that policy now.

They never had that policy, maybe someone just made a mistake. They don't sell consoles without controllers either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anybody using that "Hey Cortana" update crap?

I had to turn it off after a few minutes. What was a simple "Xbox go to TV" - and it went to TV has been turned into "Hey Cortana go to TV". . .waits a few seconds. . "would you like to go to TV, UFC TV, TV and Movies, or some other TV?". I say, "TV" to be met with, "I'm sorry I don't understand". . .which is exactly what I was thinking as I went to the settings to go back to the old setting.

theteal wrote: »
    Anybody using that "Hey Cortana" update crap?

I had to turn it off after a few minutes. What was a simple "Xbox go to TV" - and it went to TV has been turned into "Hey Cortana go to TV". . .waits a few seconds. . "would you like to go to TV, UFC TV, TV and Movies, or some other TV?". I say, "TV" to be met with, "I'm sorry I don't understand". . .which is exactly what I was thinking as I went to the settings to go back to the old setting.

All the old Xbox commands should still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

All the old Xbox commands should still work.

Ideally, but they don't.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ideally, but they don't.

Any specifics? They should all work.

When I have Cortana on the 'Xbox On' or 'Xbox go to' commands for example don't work.

'Xbox on', 'Xbox go to' etc. Having said that, I turned Cortana off 2-3 weeks ago, maybe it's sorted now with the latest update?

Edit: Tried Cortana again there, Xbox commands aren't working, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I was under the impression you have to switch off Cortana to get the Xbox commands back and any tests I've done have been true to that

theteal wrote: »
    I was under the impression you have to switch off Cortana to get the Xbox commands back and any tests I've done have been true to that

Yup, you lose the ability to use headset for commands and have to use Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Prominence Poker (supposedly spiritual successor to Full House Poker) is now up for pre-load for FREE.
    Might as well grab it here: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Prominence-Poker/c1feba48-30c2-4dd6-8675-842fb2b2e066

On a separate note, this game "The Fall" is only €1.50 and meant to be worth a go. I said for old times sake I'd try the Hungarian method and it went through, with Irish bank card/no VPN. Hungary hasn't worked in ages for us travellers so I was happily surprised it worked.
    https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/The-Fall/958a7e19-aa24-45b2-a71c-d86298c50454

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Prominence Poker (supposedly spiritual successor to Full House Poker) is now up for pre-load for FREE.
    Might as well grab it here: https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Prominence-Poker/c1feba48-30c2-4dd6-8675-842fb2b2e066

On a separate note, this game "The Fall" is only €1.50 and meant to be worth a go. I said for old times sake I'd try the Hungarian method and it went through, with Irish bank card/no VPN. Hungary hasn't worked in ages for us travellers so I was happily surprised it worked.
    https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/The-Fall/958a7e19-aa24-45b2-a71c-d86298c50454

Nice one! I took a punt at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement