Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yup, you lose the ability to use headset for commands and have to use Kinect.

What build is preview on now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Simple Background Music Player is out now, allowing you to play files on a USB harddrive. Massive limitations on it though, you have to put the music into folder called "Xbox Music Library". No network access, no files on internal harddrive like the old 360 days.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/761199558667870209

I'm not sure that this functionality will ever be folded into Groove, so hopefully someone improves this or makes a better app.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Simple Background Music Player is out now, allowing you to play files on a USB harddrive. Massive limitations on it though, you have to put the music into folder called "Xbox Music Library". No network access, no files on internal harddrive like the old 360 days.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/761199558667870209

I'm not sure that this functionality will ever be folded into Groove, so hopefully someone improves this orr makes a better app.

Is Groove working on background music now? I uninstalled the app and download the UWP last night (at least i think it was the UWP one) but couldn't get it to snap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is Groove working on background music now? I uninstalled the app and download the UWP last night (at least i think it was the UWP one) but couldn't get it to snap.

Yeah. Don't think you need it to snap, just start playing music, then go into a game. Should continue going, then you control the volume in the guide. The UWP version is the colour that you choose for your tiles, while the old one is blue.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah. Don't think you need it to snap, just start playing music, then go into a game. Should continue going, then you control the volume in the guide. The UWP version is the colour that you choose for your tiles, while the old one is blue.

Cheers. Yeah that's the right one I downloaded so. Was expecting to be able to snap it if i wanted to change playlists or anything.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

There's an echo in here...

Got there ahead of you for once Misky! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There's an echo in here...

Got there ahead of you for once Misky! :P

I don't know what you're talking about... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Do many people actually use that background music thing? and if so, what games do ye play when you're using it?

The closest I've ever come to using something like that is listening to podcasts while playing diablo 3 or grinding strikes in Destiny. Any other game, it'd just be too distracting to me.

Do many people actually use that background music thing? and if so, what games do ye play when you're using it?

The closest I've ever come to using something like that is listening to podcasts while playing diablo 3 or grinding strikes in Destiny. Any other game, it'd just be too distracting to me.

I can't see myself using it that much, the only game I play at the moment that I could see myself using it in is Elite:Dangerous. Any game with a storyline or anything I wouldn't bother, and shooters I like to hear what's going on around me so I wouldn't use it there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Cheers. Yeah that's the right one I downloaded so. Was expecting to be able to snap it if i wanted to change playlists or anything.

Should be able to snap after double clicking the xbox button. Mine does anyway and sounds like you have the right Groove app updated. Weird. Maybe reboot the xbox? Ya never know.

• Advertisement

I use it mostly for driving games. Obviously you wouldn't use it for any games with dialogue. It's a great feature to have though if you're searching the store, or using various apps etc.

Any joy? It's meant to be snapped to work properly.

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, will report back when I do. :)

Is that background music app US only , not seeing it on mine.

Is that background music app US only , not seeing it on mine.

No, we have it. Be sure to uninstall Groove and reinstall it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is that gig update just for the background music thing?

joe123 wrote: »
    Is that gig update just for the background music thing?

No, there are still a lot of bug fixes being checked in.

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Got it going there, works perfect now, had to uninstall then reinstall first though as it kept crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

I'm loving it. Had used groove music for a few years so have loads of playlists etc. Have it on while playing forza and FIFA. I think it will be handy for sports / driving games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Good evening xboxers I'm looking for a bit of advice.

Bought my daughter an Xbox one s today for her birthday tomorrow and a copy of Minecraft which she is already a big fan of and plays on my ps4.
    I want to set it up this evening before bed so she wakes up and can just play away.
    Does the initial install take long on Ethernet 240mb? Anything I should be aware of?
    How do I download stampys world(she's 7;-))
    Can I download the games with gold once I register for the 14 day free trial(scabby fookers)
    Any replys appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

iamtony wrote: »
    Good evening xboxers I'm looking for a bit of advice.

Bought my daughter an Xbox one s today for her birthday tomorrow and a copy of Minecraft which she is already a big fan of and plays on my ps4.
    I want to set it up this evening before bed so she wakes up and can just play away.
    Does the initial install take long on Ethernet 240mb? Anything I should be aware of?
    How do I download stampys world(she's 7;-))
    Can I download the games with gold once I register for the 14 day free trial(scabby fookers)
    Any replys appreciated!

You bought your 7 year old daughter an Xbox One S?!?! Scabby alright. :eek:

Batesy wrote: »

I swear its for her :-) its the only console missing from my collection and she didn't know what she wanted and asked for a surprise. I was originally going to get the standard one but when I seen the new one I thought what the hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Batesy wrote: »

He really bought it for himself I'm sure 😉

As for getting it setup, you'll probably only need the latest summer update. Takes about 30 mins I think. May even be preinstalled on the S

Update flying along, much faster than ps4 for network speed anyway.

qrx wrote: »
    He really bought it for himself I'm sure 😉

As for getting it setup, you'll probably only need the latest summer update. Takes about 30 mins I think. May even be preinstalled on the S

Its a 1gb update 60% done in about 2-3 minutes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Update flying along, much faster than ps4 for network speed anyway.

It always slows up near the end no matter what broadband you have

It always slows up near the end no matter what broadband you have

Yep on 75% and its starring to crawl.

If you bought Minecraft on disk stick that in too and pull down any updates for it.

You can set up a child account for your daughter and set up safety measures, like no video calls, or no playing adult games etc.

There was also a free games category in the store as well as the games with gold. You might have to play them for a while to ensure they are suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Look at CD Keys for a yearly Live Subscription. Should cost around €35.

EA Access is great value at €25 a year and you get a lot of great games for that including Plants V Zombies

• Advertisement

If you bought Minecraft on disk stick that in too and pull down any updates for it.

You can set up a child account for your daughter and set up safety measures, like no video calls, or no playing adult games etc.

There was also a free games category in the store as well as the games with gold. You might have to play them for a while to ensure they are suitable.
    Just wrapped minecraft thanks for the advice though. Yeah I'll look for a child account. Can I set up an account online and then just login when the update is done?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement