Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Look at CD Keys for a yearly Live Subscription. Should cost around €35.

EA Access is great value at €25 a year and you get a lot of great games for that including Plants V Zombies

Yeah I'll do that thanks. We already have both plants vrs zombies on the ps4 but shell still be happy.

iamtony wrote: »
    Yeah I'll do that thanks. We already have both plants vrs zombies on the ps4 but shell still be happy.

Can you download previously released titles on ea access or is it like PS plus where I can only download the games from now that are released this month if you get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you download previously released titles on ea access or is it like PS plus where I can only download the games from now that are released this month if you get me?

You can download and play all the games in Access.

List of games here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

You also get a 10% off new EA Games if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Just wrapped minecraft thanks for the advice though. Yeah I'll look for a child account. Can I set up an account online and then just login when the update is done?

Yeah, you can do it all online. Including applying the 15 day live code and picking up any games that are free.

Great thanks lads. Controller is updating that's a new one to me.

• Advertisement

You can download and play all the games in Access.

List of games here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

You also get a 10% off new EA Games if you have it.
    that is good value and a better selection than I thought.

Great thanks lads. Controller is updating that's a new one to me.

Enjoy anyway.

Ori and The Blind Forest is worth picking up at some stage, great indie game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cortana is muck.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cortana is muck.

That is all.
    She just can't appreciate a nice country fellow *snigger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

She just can't appreciate a nice country fellow *snigger

Even my Father knows to put on a fake American accent when using the voice remote for his smart tv :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm having trouble getting Splunky from the games with Gold section is it still free?
    Do you have to physically own a 360 as it's listed as a 360 game to download these Titles.
    I tried to do it from the Xbox one and from my phone but it keeps trying to make me pay and clicking on the Free option doesn't do anything.

I'm having trouble getting Splunky from the games with Gold section is it still free?
    Do you have to physically own a 360 as it's listed as a 360 game to download these Titles.
    I tried to do it from the Xbox one and from my phone but it keeps trying to make me pay and clicking on the Free option doesn't do anything.

I don't think you can get free games with a 14 day trial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

You shouldn't need a 360, but I know some people have had weird issues with the 360 games.

Try downloading it from here.

I don't think you can get free games with a 14 day trial.

I've already downloaded the Xbox one free games and they work fine, its only Splunky which she happens to like that I can't access.

I did have to register my card and click free month trial first so may by your correct.

I've already downloaded the Xbox one free games and they work fine, its only Splunky which she happens to like that I can't access.

I did have to register my card and click free month trial first so may by your correct.

If it gave you the One games you should be fine. Try the link CITB gave you above.

CatInABox wrote: »
    You shouldn't need a 360, but I know some people have had weird issues with the 360 games.

Try downloading it from here.
    still the same issue, it shows the games with gold symbol and free written beside it and then the price(€14.99) and the only clickable option is the buy button below which it tries to charge me when I use it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I seem to recall reading here that you have to have logged into an actual 360 on your account at some stage to avail of the 360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Cortana is muck.

That is all.

I have not had any problems with her. Every command I give, she does it with no back talk :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have not had any problems with her. Every command I give, she does it with no back talk :D

I find it helps if you wink after each command.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got the groove UWP, annoyingly though when I cast music to the xbox one it forces me to the original Groove app in the store. Hopefully fixed soon.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I seem to recall reading here that you have to have logged into an actual 360 on your account at some stage to avail of the 360 games?
    Sounds plausible alright. I was thinking that. Unfortunately I sold my own 360 years ago. Shame if it is that way with the backwards compatibility and everything.

Sounds plausible alright. I was thinking that. Unfortunately I sold my own 360 years ago. Shame if it is that way with the backwards compatibility and everything.

Do you have a payment instrument linked to your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Nope. I was able to download and play Grid 2 on the XB1, without ever seeing a 360.

Yeah that was the way it used to be, but it's changed now.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Nope. I was able to download and play Grid 2 on the XB1, without ever seeing a 360.
    Yeah that was the way it used to be, but it's changed now.

Ah right, wasn't sure. I'm all out of ideas so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I do all my purchases on the website. Mostly because I'm in front of a computer for the best part of the day.

When you click on "Download to 360 now", you log in with your parent account, then you should get a popup with what looks like a payment confirmation window, with your payment method, and price FREE.

You confirm, and it's done.

Make sure you log in with your parent account, as the website will not allow purchases for a child account, even if you gave that permission to the child account.

Do you have a payment instrument linked to your account?
    Linked my card to her account in the Xbox last night and then linked it again on my phone on the Xbox store

JoyPad wrote: »
    I do all my purchases on the website. Mostly because I'm in front of a computer for the best part of the day.

When you click on "Download to 360 now", you log in with your parent account, then you should get a popup with what looks like a payment confirmation window, with your payment method, and price FREE.

You confirm, and it's done.

Make sure you log in with your parent account, as the website will not allow purchases for a child account, even if you gave that permission to the child account.
    I have tried on the mobile site, I'll try on the PC when I get home later thanks.
    I did go to the final stage of the purchase to see if it would then go free but it still said the full price. Its a normal account I set up with my date of birth and everything so shouldn't be an issue.
    Didn't see any mention of download to 360 now anywhere, would that not show up after you've completed the purchase?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I have tried on the mobile site, I'll try on the PC when I get home later thanks.
    I did go to the final stage of the purchase to see if it would then go free but it still said the full price. Its a normal account I set up with my date of birth and everything so shouldn't be an issue.
    Didn't see any mention of download to 360 now anywhere, would that not show up after you've completed the purchase?

Thanks.

Have you tried it through the Xbox one app on your phone? If you go to the store in the app and swipe left all the available games with gold should be there. I've already downloaded them so it only gives me the "play now" option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks.

It's a weird one. Seems like you're doing everything right. You might try having an online chat with the Microsoft support guys, maybe see if there's something going on in the background?

Actually, did you happen to redeem that 14 day code?
    Microsoft wrote:
    What kind of Xbox Live Gold trials are eligible?

You're eligible if you're on an Xbox Live Gold one-month free trial.

If you're on a 14-day prepaid code trial, you're not eligible. You must have a current Xbox Live Gold subscription or trial that requires a credit card.

What if I'm on a 14-day prepaid code trial and I upgrade to Xbox Live Gold during the trial period to take advantage of a free game offer? Will I get the game?

If you upgrade to Xbox Live Gold during your non-renewing trial period, your Xbox Live Gold membership won't start until the end of your free trial. You won't be eligible to download a currently offered free game until your trial period ends and your paid membership begins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement