Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

iamtony wrote: »
    I have tried on the mobile site, I'll try on the PC when I get home later thanks.
    I did go to the final stage of the purchase to see if it would then go free but it still said the full price. Its a normal account I set up with my date of birth and everything so shouldn't be an issue.
    Didn't see any mention of download to 360 now anywhere, would that not show up after you've completed the purchase?

Thanks.

Emmet mentioned already that you can't get the free games from free trials of xbox live, not sure If you've spotted that yet.

Edit - Cat beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's a weird one. Seems like you're doing everything right. You might try having an online chat with the Microsoft support guys, maybe see if there's something going on in the background?

Actually, did you happen to redeem that 14 day code?
    Aha I think you could be on to something, I used the 14 day code then I couldn't download anything so had to give card details and buy the 1 month trial which allowed me to them purchase the 2 free xbo games but not the 360 game, it must have something to do with it. Sure no biggie I'll wait and see in 2 weeks if I can do it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

To anyone who is thinking of trading in their One with Gamestop for the One S, if you have a loyalty card, you'll get a little more off the price. I traded in my 500GB, the console was €249 I think but when they looked up my loyalty card, I got the console for €210

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

To anyone who is thinking of trading in their One with Gamestop for the One S, if you have a loyalty card, you'll get a little more off the price. I traded in my 500GB, the console was €249 I think but when they looked up my loyalty card, I got the console for €210

What level card did you have? Did you get a free headset?

It was a level 1, now it's a level 3 and I didn't get a headset with it or free one

• Advertisement

It was a level 1, now it's a level 3 and I didn't get a headset with it or free one

I thought I saw a sign in my local GameStop saying you got a free headset with an Xbox Console.

I think it was these ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/54283/afterglow-lvl-3-stereo-headset

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

emmetkenny wrote: »

I thought I saw a sign in my local GameStop saying you got a free headset with an Xbox Console.

I think it was these ones.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/54283/afterglow-lvl-3-stereo-headset
    Yeah i got it. Havent opened it, want to see if Cex take it

miralize wrote: »

What did you end up paying or were you upgrading?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

emmetkenny wrote: »

What did you end up paying or were you upgrading?
    I upgraded. They gave me 200 for my x1 & kinect ( 20).

I upgraded. They gave me 200 for my x1 & kinect ( 20).

I think I'll hold on to my Kinnect. Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I think you were suppose to get one Max, I had no loyalty card going in but because I was trading in stuff I had to sign up for one and the sakes assistant said mine is now a level 3 membership too so as part of the trade in deal I got a free Afterglow Lvl 3 headset when I traded in my XB1 (1TB) also got a diary with voucher codes for free, a second controller half price (new white one, ask for it or else they try give you the old black one) and I had the option of buying 3 months of XB Live for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

miralize wrote:

Can you post here to let us know how much CEX give for it if they take it? Was thinking of doing the same but won't be near one until Tuesday 😛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

What the hell is up with Cortana?! She's totally and utterly useless. Constantly bing'ing my commands. Today she bing'd "hey Cortana". Seriously that's atrocious. She's not like this on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

qrx wrote: »
    What the hell is up with Cortana?! She's totally and utterly useless. Constantly bing'ing my commands. Today she bing'd "hey Cortana". Seriously that's atrocious. She's not like this on my phone.

Found her much more responsive the last few days. In the first few weeks of the preview programme, she was unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

trixiebust wrote: »
    Found her much more responsive the last few days. In the first few weeks of the preview programme, she was unusable.
    Probably one of those Power of the Cloud / Machine Learning things. She's had a bunch more data in the last few days and the more she gets the more it'll improve.

My problem seems to be a bug. She bing'd "hey Cortana" so she picked up the command properly but for some reason decided to search Bing for it.

I think i might know what the problem is. If she doesn't recognise a command she will default to a Bing search. From then on, with Bing snapped, everything you say becomes a Bing search.

I've heard this mentioned before but they really need to change it so that she only searches Bing if you specifically tell her to.

I'm also on uk language, maybe US is better suited to the Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

My problem seems to be a bug. She bing'd "hey Cortana" so she picked up the command properly but for some reason decided to search Bing for it.

I think i might know what the problem is. If she doesn't recognise a command she will default to a Bing search. From then on, with Bing snapped, everything you say becomes a Bing search.

I've heard this mentioned before but they really need to change it so that she only searches Bing if you specifically tell her to.

I'm also on uk language, maybe US is better suited to the Irish accent.

On UK too. She's by no means perfect yet, maybe 70 % of the time, I get the response I wanted.

It does get annoying though, when all you get is a Bing search for basic commands.

Really annoying now, worse is that usually when she bings she doesn't register the unsnap command either :mad:

Really annoying now, worse is that usually when she bings she doesn't register the unsnap command either :mad:

It's very slow as well, trying to pause Netflix or whatever takes ages in comparison to 'xbox pause' (which was as good as instant)

Yes, you get stuck in a rut. I had to look up how to unsnap using the controller. Only ever used it via voice command.

On a positive note, I'm loving the mic option on the keyboard and it understands me perfectly so far (it.must be based on the old voice search) Makes searching the store so much better. One of those things I used to use the Xbox app for, can now do it much easier.on the Xbox itself.

• Advertisement

Yes, you get stuck in a rut. I had to look up how to unsnap using the controller. Only ever used it via voice command.

On a positive note, I'm loving the mic option on the keyboard and it understands me perfectly so far (it.must be based on the old voice search) Makes searching the store so much better. One of those things I used to use the Xbox app for, can now do it much easier.on the Xbox itself.

on the bottom of the snapped window, theres a little icon that says "push to talk" - push what exactly? my controller doesnt do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Up in Newry for the day. CEX has the Xbox one S 2 TB for 425

Is that new or 2nd hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Must be 2nd hand, they don't deal in anything new.

CeX on Liffey street in Dub has one in the window for €550!

Is the 2TB not €400 new?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is indeed, CeX are mental with their prices, maybe just a placeholder I don't know.

This came out this morning which might be part of their reasoning:
    Microsoft launched its shiny Xbox One redesign in a sleek white 2TB model, but stock was limited and the console has now completely sold out at most retailers.

We've now heard from our friends at Eurogamer.cz that Microsoft has no plans to replenish stock of the white 2TB model, which launched with an RRP of £349.

Still available on Gamestop site for €399 though

I was actually on to GS today to get clarification on the Trade In deal they had.
    They said they had no more One S in stock but were taking preorders for the 500GB, 1TB and the Gears bundle, I was lucky to get mine on Saturday as it was the last one they had in the store that was preordered.

Also in regards to the deal, there was no headset as part of the offer, just the diary which was while stocks lasted :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I was in Argos today and there is still no sign of the S model on their system.
    I did have a look in their new catalog and the 500GB and 1TB S models are "available from September" and priced at €299 and €349 respectively.
    Strangely there is no mention of the 2TB model :confused:

maximoose wrote: »
    Still available on Gamestop site for €399 though

Weird, it was showing up as sold out the last few days and there was even a message coming up on the website saying they were all sold out and to look out for the GOW bundle.

They must have got 1 last batch to sell.

Who would people recommend buying off online - MS Ireland store or gamestop? Would like to buy it from smyths but need a place that accepts paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yes it was marked 2nd hand!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement