Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GBX wrote: »
    Yes it was marked 2nd hand!

Makes you wonder who buys a new console and a day or two later trades it into CEX at a loss.

Makes you wonder who buys a new console and a day or two later trades it into CEX at a loss.

CEX are giving E412 for the S. E12 profit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could have been given as a present and they already had a console and traded in the S because they got more money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Possibly won in a competition or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There's 17 in stock in CeX Ireland & 95 in CeX UK.

Where's my feckin xb1s birthday present!?

• Advertisement

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today.

I might finally finish it so!

• This is for anyone actually looking to play some tunes using a USB drive

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/5/12388016/xbox-one-background-music-usb-drive

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I left the preview program thinking I would still have background music in the groove app, boy was I wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I left the preview program thinking I would still have background music in the groove app, boy was I wrong.
    Groove on the Xbox proves that universal apps aren't really universal. Not as the market blurp would have you believe. I mean the pc app should just run on the Xbox out of.the box, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

qrx wrote: »
    Groove on the Xbox proves that universal apps aren't really universal. Not as the market blurp would have you believe. I mean the pc app should just run on the Xbox out of.the box, right?

No, the old store had a totally different entitlement system and hits a different live service. Nothing to do with ability to run, all to do with licences.

If you bought games they also may not work until 1608 is rtw.

No, the old store had a totally different entitlement system and hits a different live service. Nothing to do with ability to run, all to do with licences.

Right but we all have the new windows store now, why can't we download and use the new groove app? Where does the need for a preview beta test period which has already gone through many tweaks and bug fixes come into it. It's not *really* universal. There's extra development and QA involved for each platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So my EA access ran out last week. I went to play Unravel, forgetting it was over and its letting me in as a trial. Strange.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The UWP groove app itself is in preview, a separate beta from the Xbox preview program. It does require participation in the Xbox preview, but you don't have to test the groove app.

Getting the platform working on Xbox was a massive undertaking, which is totally separate to getting groove working afterwards.

From now on, it'll be a lot easier for them to keep apps up to date, but it'll take time for them to move all their apps onto UWP.

sweetie wrote: »
    So my EA access ran out last week. I went to play Unravel, forgetting it was over and its letting me in as a trial. Strange.

I think all trials still work once your EA access runs out. Not sure if it's a glitch but it's been like that from the start. No complaints from you :pac:

Right but we all have the new windows store now, why can't we download and use the new groove app? Where does the need for a preview beta test period which has already gone through many tweaks and bug fixes come into it. It's not *really* universal. There's extra development and QA involved for each platform.

No, you don't all have the same experience yet at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

CatInABox wrote: »
    The UWP groove app itself is in preview, a separate beta from the Xbox preview program. It does require participation in the Xbox preview, but you don't have to test the groove app.

Getting the platform working on Xbox was a massive undertaking, which is totally separate to getting groove working afterwards.

From now on, it'll be a lot easier for them to keep apps up to date, but it'll take time for them to move all their apps onto UWP.

I just searched for the simple backgroud music app and I'm now able to download it as a non preview member. Happy days.

CatInABox wrote: »

This is exactly my point though. The fact that they have to "get it working" on the xbox, which is supposed to be on windows 10 now and universal apps are supposed to work across all Windows 10 devices. Clearly they don't, not out of the box.

This is exactly my point though. The fact that they have to "get it working" on the xbox, which is supposed to be on windows 10 now and universal apps are supposed to work across all Windows 10 devices. Clearly they don't, not out of the box.

The xbox isnt on windows 10 properly yet.

• Advertisement

The xbox isnt on windows 10 properly yet.

I'm not sure I fully understand your argument, can you elaborate? I'm not talking about a fully fledged PC version of windows 10. It uses the Windows 10 core which is supposed to be all that is need to run a universal app.

I'm not sure I fully understand your argument, can you elaborate? I'm not talking about a fully fledged PC version of windows 10. It uses the Windows 10 core which is supposed to be all that is need to run a universal app.

The old builds didn't contain a full win10 experience. The new builds will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone find it slower to load images and general browsing of the marketplace after the latest update. It may be because I am on a slow internet connection between 2 to 3 Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Guys, the last 3 days my games keep disconnecting whenever I am playing.
    I ran the Multiplayer test thing on the xbox and it said that I am losing packets which is causing the disconnection.
    I turned off the router for a bit and turned it back on but its still happening.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    My NAT is open so its nothing to do with that I think

I ran the Multiplayer test thing on the xbox and it said that I am losing packets which is causing the disconnection.
    I turned off the router for a bit and turned it back on but its still happening.

Wired or wireless?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

need to find out if it is your xbox or your broadband. if you can, hook a pc to your router with a cable and follow the instructions i posted here previously

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99300984&postcount=215

using a repeated ping command can show a bit more .use a command prompt on a pc, and use

ping -n 100 target ip address

this will ping the ip address 100 times in a row, and you'll get the % packet loss.

now, if you have packet loss, do a tracert to the ip address you used above. that should give you all the intermediate hops on the journey

to find out if if it your local network, repeat the repeated ping command and replace the target ip with your router address, if that's still got the loss it's on your home network. if not, it's external, and if you repeat the ping address to each step you'll be able to see where the issue is.

if it's outside your network, knowing which server it is may not help a lot. at the time i had the issues, i, and loads of others were ringing the provider telling them which server it was for about a month. they kept saying the server was fine. it was up and running. well it was, but it was way over capacity. they refused point blank to admit it was a problem, until they fixed it, then they claimed it had never been an issue but they had upgraded as part of routine maintanance.

hopefully if it's outside your network you get better luck than i do. before i knew it was a particular server i moved provider to fix the issue, gave up a dsl account you couldn't get anymore which was dirt cheap with no limits. wasn't happy

for the ip address, do www.google.com or for an irish one something like rte.ie and you won't even need the ip address

Thanks Mossy, I will give it a try when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Has anyone preordered anything from the Microsoft Store using visa debit? Just looking at the Xbox One S GOW edition and going to the us soon. Don't fancy getting the money taken from the card before I go as I'm paid a few days before the bundle is released which I'm relying on

Wired or wireless?

Was happening both wired and wireless but it seemed to be fine last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Heya lads,

I'm trying to stream to a Windows 10 laptop which doesn't have a lot of power it's an Acer aspire v5-122p I think.
    I keep getting disconnected. I'm on wireless with a Horizon box as the router but the test within the Xbox app says it should work on the highest settings(all boxes get a tick)
    I'm guessing the slow laptop is to blame?
    Has anyone any experience with cheap laptops/Tablets that can confirm what the problem is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement