Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Like the way you change it to get voice commands for the kinect?

If so, tried that and it didn't work.

Thanks for the replies.

Did you try changing your DNS? That works for getting Netflix US on an Xbox so it may work for your purpose also . You might as well give it a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have a look at unblockUS theres a 7 day trial and no payment details needed upfront or software needed.

Cheers lads.

Have unblock us but only works for getting on us sites. Dosent work for uk.

I won't clutter the thread anymore. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Cheers lads.

Have unblock us but only works for getting on us sites. Dosent work for uk.

I won't clutter the thread anymore. Thanks for the replies.

It works for UK and other countries(for Netflix & Others)
    1pwi04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Heads up, lads, talking about that sort of stuff is not allowed. Boards can potentially get into water over that sort of thing being discussed on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

is cdkeys the cheapest to buy xbox live?

Sign In issues on One again tonight, seems to be happening regularly over the last few weeks. Pain having to disconnect your network to sign in locally and an even bigger pain to have to re-enter the wpa key when it the problems with sign in are resolved...... wheres that feature request I'm going to add that the One should not forget the network key if you disconnect it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Get yourself some network plugs

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea can't sign in. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

This is a bloody joke! Happening way too much,
    Why the he'll are we paying for
    Something that we can't use?!

*Runs to Twitter to post a rant
    To major Nelson *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    is cdkeys the cheapest to buy xbox live?

I got 12 months for 29.99 from cardscodes.com last night, code was delivered by email in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

reddit says not to download the update atm as it will factory reset your console :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

It's back for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Ya, up and running now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Must have been my rant at major Nelson that sorted it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Sign In issues on One again tonight, seems to be happening regularly over the last few weeks. Pain having to disconnect your network to sign in locally and an even bigger pain to have to re-enter the wpa key when it the problems with sign in are resolved...... wheres that feature request I'm going to add that the One should not forget the network key if you disconnect it :mad:

Instead of disconnecting it...

Go to Settings >> Network >> Go offline.

Instead of disconnecting it...

Go to Settings >> Network >> Go offline.

Oh that must be new , previously the option was called "disconnect"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Haven't turned my One on in over 3 months. What's changed since March (with the UI/features)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Haven't turned my One on in over 3 months. What's changed since March (with the UI/features)?

Turn it on and find out yourself would be the fastest way :p

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Turn it on and find out yourself would be the fastest way :p

Not at home, won't be for a few days...just curious to know if there have been any major updates.

• Advertisement

Not at home, won't be for a few days...just curious to know if there have been any major updates.

First of all, you've been missing out on the free games with Gold.

The monthly system updates summarised here:

June System Update

July System Update

August System Update - (Currently in preview)

As well as EA Access exclusive to Xbox One - The Vault: A Selection of EA games on Xbox One ready to download and play as part of your EA Access membership. At launch, you’ll have access to FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Battlefield 4 and Peggle 2. More games will be added over time.

Play First: EA Access members will get to experience trials of new EA games early on Xbox One. Starting 5 days before release, you’ll be able to try the game for at least two hours and then save your progress. Once you purchase the digital or physical copy, you can use your save game and continue the experience.

PLUS: All EA Access members will save 10% on EA purchases from Xbox Live. From full digital games to downloadable content, you get 10% off with your EA Access membership. .

And these games can be kept forever once downloaded during the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

as long as you are gold, yes.

as long as you are gold, yes.

Yeah, what runawaybishop said. You have access to the games as long as you have a current Gold subscription, even if you let it lapse for a while, as long as you renew it again you'll have access to the games once more.

Btw, that EA Access thing I quoted too works out at only about €26 per year through the Xbox U.S marketplace. Bargain!

Ok, NOW a white Xbox One has been leaked/rumoured.

A french retailer listed a white Xbox One bundled with Sunset Overdrive and also with a 1TB hard drive for a very nice price of €399

Source: http://www.xboxygen.com/News/18032-La-Xbox-One-Blanche-Sunset-en-exclu-chez-Micromania
    (Google Chrome auto translates it for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ok, NOW a white Xbox One has been leaked/rumoured.

A french retailer listed a white Xbox One bundled with Sunset Overdrive and also with a 1TB hard drive for a very nice price of €399

Source: http://www.xboxygen.com/News/18032-La-Xbox-One-Blanche-Sunset-en-exclu-chez-Micromania
    (Google Chrome auto translates it for me)

Hmmm, I am a bit suspicious of this rumour. A French retailer that I never heard of posted something accidentally. Its great press for them. They'll be known worldwide now.

We do know that Microsoft said they will eventually release a white version. It just seems like an odd combo. A white Xbox and Sunset Overdrive. If they said the Xbox One would have a Sunset overdrive skin I'd believe it more.

If its true an announcement will surely be at Gamescon, also I'd say its just a 500GB console.

Hmmm, I am a bit suspicious of this rumour. A French retailer that I never heard of posted something accidentally. Its great press for them. They'll be known worldwide now.

We do know that Microsoft said they will eventually release a white version. It just seems like an odd combo. A white Xbox and Sunset Overdrive. If they said the Xbox One would have a Sunset overdrive skin I'd believe it more.

If its true an announcement will surely be at Gamescon, also I'd say its just a 500GB console.

Well, do we really hear about gaming sites that aren't in English? :p

Only time will tell I suppose but I do like the look of the white one myself.

I remember a guy selling the white "I made this" special edition one on adverts back in November and he was only looking for RRP price for it. I'd love to know was it actually genuine. I'd have took hand and all if I wasn't so wary of it! Here it is: http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-one-with-fifa-forza-2-controllers-special-edition/4462478

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If it is not reported from Jeux Video in France, it is more than likely not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Well, do we really hear about gaming sites that aren't in English? :p

Only time will tell I suppose but I do like the look of the white one myself.

I remember a guy selling the white "I made this" special edition one on adverts back in November and he was only looking for RRP price for it. I'd love to know was it actually genuine. I'd have took hand and all if I wasn't so wary of it! Here it is: http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-one-with-fifa-forza-2-controllers-special-edition/4462478
    That was a staff issue white xbox
    All Microsoft staff got them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

That was a staff issue white xbox
    All Microsoft staff got them

Perks of the job .
    My godmother works for Microsoft in the US so I get my gold membership sorted. Apparently the employee discount is incredible.

Looks sexy in white .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement