Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Phonewatch will install a GSM signal if you don't have a phone line.

we aren't with phonewatch but the company we are currently with quoted us installation fee of €575 + €350ish monitoring fee per year. Up from €220. Needless to say we told them to fup right off and we'd be done with them as soon as we found a better offer.

One thing I will say though in the 2 times we've been out and the alarm has gone off and they couldn't get us on the phone the Gardai have been there too fairly sharpish say the neighbours :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    Heya lads,

I'm trying to stream to a Windows 10 laptop which doesn't have a lot of power it's an Acer aspire v5-122p I think.
    I keep getting disconnected. I'm on wireless with a Horizon box as the router but the test within the Xbox app says it should work on the highest settings(all boxes get a tick)
    I'm guessing the slow laptop is to blame?
    Has anyone any experience with cheap laptops/Tablets that can confirm what the problem is.
    Just an update on this, could not connect the laptop with Ethernet as I couldn't find the adapter but I'm pretty sure it's the laptop rather than the horizon box/wifi. I found the charger off my little ones link 8 Tablet and Windows 10 works faster on that than it does on the Acer aspire. Anyway that connected wirelessly no problem and doesn't drop connection or anything like that. The connection quality automatically sets to very high and only the odd time does it suffer quality issues with a bad connection Message.

On a seperate note I preformed a wired speed test on the Xbox and its 65 down 25 up but the latency was 153 is this normal???
    Only tested once mind you as I can't get near the thing since I connected it to her Tablet and she seen unraveled was on ea access, which she wanted after seeing that stampy guy playing it. She's nearly finished it!
    It's funny actually she is streaming to the tablet playing unraveled and had you tube snapped at the side watching stampy playing the level she is and trying to finish it quicker than him:-) all on an 8 inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Titanfall 2 Tech Test now available to download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/titanfall-2-open-multiplayer-tech-test/bw02m3nt714p

17.47GB

Playable from 5PM tomorrow evening until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 Tech Test now available to download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/titanfall-2-open-multiplayer-tech-test/bw02m3nt714p

17.47GB

Playable from 5PM tomorrow evening until Monday morning.

Should be today from 5pm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

iamtony wrote: »
    On a seperate note I preformed a wired speed test on the Xbox and its 65 down 25 up but the latency was 153 is this normal???

Yes this is normal Xbox speed tests and pings to Seattle so that is pretty good, in my FTTH connection I also get 150ms and never any lower so you are good. When gaming it will be off local servers so you pings will be a lot lower for that.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

Should be today from 5pm I think.

Yeah sorry, I hadn't gone to bed yet so was considering it tomorrow to me still :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah sorry, I hadn't gone to bed yet so was considering it tomorrow to me still :P

Just launching it now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

New version of Groove is available to all users, background music for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

We are cut from the same cloth Misky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was away from xbox there for abouta year. Getting back into it soon.

Is there any must play games that i missed. I heard Quantum Break was bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads what the cheapest place to get an xbox 1 would rather the 1tb version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads what the cheapest place to get an xbox 1 would rather the 1tb version

do you want a bundle? as in a game included.

Argos / microsoft store have various options

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No games will do me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Anybody using the one guide for tv? I have a Manhattan Plaza Freesat box and I cannot for the life of me get it to work with the one guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Is there any must play games that i missed. I heard Quantum Break was bad.

Its grand, I enjoyed it for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Anybody using the one guide for tv? I have a Manhattan Plaza Freesat box and I cannot for the life of me get it to work with the one guide.

Yes. With a sky box last year. Virgin TiVo box at the moment. What's not working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Used it briefly with my sky box, then switched back to using them separately as the xbox wasn't able to control my soundbar and the fact i needed to use the sky remote anyway to access any recordings seemed to eliminate any convenience of the xbox as an overall media centre.

But in terms of set up to control the sky box itself it was a 2 minute job really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

If it's compatable with your box, and it should tell you if it is, you might need an infrared blaster.
    Mine worked with a Sky HD box but it made the picture all grainy and the fact I had to switch on the Xbox every time I wanted to watch tv made me quickly disconnect it.
    Now I have it connected to my horizon box(I get free tv from virgin because they have equipment on my house) which I only used for a modem before but I can't get it to change the channel so it's not much use either, I think I might need an Infrared blaster to get it to work with it.

Edit: sorry I misread I think. You can't get the Xbox to get the tv listing up in the one guide? If so I'm no help to you:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm probably not explaining myself right- when i plug in the freesat box, i can see the channels, change the channel, etc, but the actual EPG doesn't have the correct listings, there's no option for 28.2 unless via sky etc.

If i switch my region to UK i can get the correct EPG no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote:
    Call of Duty 2 goes BC today.

You beauty! :D

the witness has been announced for a September release on Xbox one. Jonathon blow just mentioned it on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My Xbox keeps saying, 'For this game, you need to be online' even though I am.
    Plus the volume output is about half what it was. I've done a hard reset and checked everything but don't see anything different. Am I missing something obvious? Cheers for any help.

Edit: Games are working grand now, still have the volume issue though.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    My Xbox keeps saying, 'For this game, you need to be online' even though I am.
    Plus the volume output is about half what it was. I've done a hard reset and checked everything but don't see anything different. Am I missing something obvious? Cheers for any help.

Edit: Games are working grand now, still have the volume issue though.
    Is the volume through a headset or the TV?

Is the volume through a headset or the TV?

Through headphones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Through headphones.

Aren't headphones controlled through the guide? Bring up the guide, the volume should be in there somewhere.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Aren't headphones controlled through the guide? Bring up the guide, the volume should be in there somewhere.

Yeah, I've looked through it and reset everything and messed around with levels, and my tv settings too. I hung my tv on the wall today and since then the volume's been weird. I'll go through it again tomorrow. Cheers though.

Forza 6 showing up free for me in the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Is there a quick way to copy a bunch of games from one external hdd to another?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement