Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Forza 6 showing up free for me in the store?

A free play week/weekend for Gold subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It's a free play for this weekend, much like Rainbow 6 and Halo 5 were. Great game.

CatInABox wrote: »

Lovely.

When do the free play weekend games expire? Sunday midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

CatInABox wrote: »

was wondering the same myself last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Has anybody ever tried PowerA controllers? They have a new version with similar features to an Elite for €63 in Argos and I went about buying it the other day but was told they couldn't sell it to me for whatever reason. I got on to them by email, gave them a spiel about being disappointed and they offered me €20 off so I'll take a punt at that price.

Any experiences good or bad with PowerA controllers, or even other 3rd party stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Has anybody ever tried PowerA controllers? They have a new version with similar features to an Elite for €63 in Argos and I went about buying it the other day but was told they couldn't sell it to me for whatever reason. I got on to them by email, gave them a spiel about being disappointed and they offered me €20 off so I'll take a punt at that price.

Any experiences good or bad with PowerA controllers, or even other 3rd party stuff?

Have no experience with power A, but through all my years gaming, 3rd party controllers were reserved for younger brothers, visitors or people I disliked.

Is it the fusion one? The button placement on the back looks like I'd constantly be hitting them by accident with my middle fingers.

check the reviews here https://www.amazon.com/POWER-FUSION-Pro-Controller-Xbox-One/dp/B014MRVRIA

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Is it the fusion one? The button placement on the back looks like I'd constantly be hitting them by accident with my middle fingers.

check the reviews here https://www.amazon.com/POWER-FUSION-Pro-Controller-Xbox-One/dp/B014MRVRIA

It's this one here: http://findyourinnergeek.ca/2016/08/powera-announces-fusion-controller-xbox-one/

I think it's the newer model on from the one on Amazon. The buttons on the back are different and it copies the elite in having a couple extra sets of sticks. The feature above says it's not being released until the 1st so it might explain why Argos wouldn't sell it to me, even though their own site said the 15th of July.

Cheers for the link, it gave me an idea of what to expect from the company quality wise. I was begrudging paying the €60 for it a bit, but for the €40 sure I might as well. :D

I got 100 meg broadband in recently.

When I'm downloading games on XBL (wirelessly, not by internet cable) it comes up downloading at around 35 - 40 mb/s.

Should this be up around the 100 mb/s mark or is that what speed I should expect around 40 mb/s?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When I'm downloading games on XBL (wirelessly, not by internet cable) it comes up downloading at around 35 - 40 mb/s.

Should this be up around the 100 mb/s mark or is that what speed I should expect around 40 mb/s?

Depending on your router model, wifi B/G channels are generally limited to the speeds you mention. A cable connection to your console will give you faster speeds.

The wifi speeds are also dependent on the wifi card installed in the Xbox itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Wifi speeds depend on distance to the router ,layout of the building.
    thickness of the walls.
    35meg is a good speed to download games or updates .100meg is the max speed of your connection,
    Many websites would have a max speed ,or bandwidth that can be used by any one user to keep the network stable.
    like you dont always get 4 bars on your 3g phone ,
    Depending on the distance to the cell tower .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I got 100 meg broadband in recently

You should be aware of what "meg" means in the context. The advertised speeds for broadband are usually Megabits, while file sizes are measured in Megabytes.
    See here for a quick explanation on the difference, or google "megabits vs megabytes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

That's decent enough. You'd need to buy a top of range router to get the best from your 100mb connection.

Look at it this way, transferring to a usb2.0 stick would be approx 25mb/s.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

JoyPad wrote: »
    You should be aware of what "meg" means in the context. The advertised speeds for broadband are usually Megabits, while file sizes are measured in Megabytes.
    See here for a quick explanation on the difference, or google "megabits vs megabytes"

where games are concerned these days they're measured in gigabytes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

JoyPad wrote: »

Xbox displays current download speed in bits which is nice for knowing if you are getting the speeds you should be.

I'm on a 150mb line and it usually stays around 100-110 for me on a wired connection.

Bought Rockband 4 yesterday and could not for the life of me get the damn controller to pair with the console :mad:

maximoose wrote: »
    Bought Rockband 4 yesterday and could not for the life of me get the damn controller to pair with the console :mad:

There's a firmware update for the guitar and drums that might help. Sorry can't link on my phone but just google firmware update for rock band 4.

Ah cool, found the updates now - didn't come across that yesterday and was planning on bringing it back to Argos today to switch for PS4 version but I'll give that a go tonight so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So how does upgrading the memory on Xbox work , for PS4 i had to replace the internal hard drive with a 2 tb seagate one ? Is this the same or can you set up an external ?

Drives can be swapped internally but External HDDs are supported yeah.

Has to be USB 3.0 and great than 250GB

I use this one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,124 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So how does upgrading the memory on Xbox work , for PS4 i had to replace the internal hard drive with a 2 tb seagate one ? Is this the same or can you set up an external ?

Plug in an external hard drive. Make sure it's USB 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Hey

PS4 myself so not a regular round these parts :)

My brother has XB1 and is looking for RE4 HD which is available for download from tomorrow but like myself would rather a physical copy if it's available. I'm pretty sure it's physical only in the US. I could source it but anyone know if XB1 is region locked?

If not safest bet is some €€€ to spend on the store and let him buy it himself

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My brother has XB1 and is looking for RE4 HD which is available for download from tomorrow but like myself would rather a physical copy if it's available. I'm pretty sure it's physical only in the US. I could source it but anyone know if XB1 is region locked?

Xbox is region free. If you got the U.S physical disc. It will play no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Xbox is region free. If you got the U.S physical disc. It will play no probs.

Revolut have released some info about their App since it was first launched. Including the most used currencies on their card.

HUF (Hungarian Forint) is 3rd. Definitely has something to do with the cheap Xbox prices there :P

Sj64ftV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

If only it was still as easy to go on holiday there! Love Hungary myself. Both Colombia and Argentina great too.

If only it was still as easy to go on holiday there! Love Hungary myself. Both Colombia and Argentina great too.

Hungary still works away. I just bought something from there a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just a straight card purchase? Great!

Anyone interested in trying out Battlefield 1 you can download the Open Beta here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/battlefield-1-open-beta/bw065l19q5wz

Imo, this map isn't as fun as the Alpha map, St. Quentin Scar but it's still alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tried it last night. Decent map .. I enjoyed it. Graphically brilliant. Gameplay was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I enjoyed it too, reminded me how bad I was at fps. Then I sniped and got a good few kills in there, tanks are op. Horses seem useless and I can't figure out how to swing left so just run over everyone. Planes are good fun though but usually I just crash them into buildings and parachute out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement