Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rorok wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too, reminded me how bad I was at fps. Then I sniped and got a good few kills in there, tanks are op. Horses seem useless and I can't figure out how to swing left so just run over everyone. Planes are good fun though but usually I just crash them into buildings and parachute out

Congrats on getting onto the NSA watchlist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rorok wrote: »
    I enjoyed it too, reminded me how bad I was at fps. Then I sniped and got a good few kills in there, tanks are op. Horses seem useless and I can't figure out how to swing left so just run over everyone. Planes are good fun though but usually I just crash them into buildings and parachute out

Best Description I heard of this was "I'm like a 17 year old guy on tinder, I can only swipe right"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Overwatch will be free to play from 9th - 12th of September.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-gb/

Anyone experiencing slow down and screen stuttering playing Forza 1 on XB1? Unplayable for me at times.

Anyone experiencing slow down and screen stuttering playing Forza 1 on XB1? Unplayable for me at times.

Plenty of people reporting have the same issues. (Forza Horizon ? )

People were suggesting clearing your 360 storage cache but this Xbox rep said this:
    https://twitter.com/wcstillwell/status/771444420717588480

He also mentioned trying to close all your other background apps to temporarily help the issue.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sorry meant to say Forza Horizon.

I'll wait for a patch hopefully. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

It's this one here: http://findyourinnergeek.ca/2016/08/powera-announces-fusion-controller-xbox-one/

I think it's the newer model on from the one on Amazon. The buttons on the back are different and it copies the elite in having a couple extra sets of sticks. The feature above says it's not being released until the 1st so it might explain why Argos wouldn't sell it to me, even though their own site said the 15th of July.

Cheers for the link, it gave me an idea of what to expect from the company quality wise. I was begrudging paying the €60 for it a bit, but for the €40 sure I might as well. :D

Purchased this after, in white to match my xbox. Just in case anyone's tempted I'll go into the features a little bit. So far so good, seems a nicely made piece. Visually quite pretty, little bit taller than the standard controller. Lovely dimpled texture on the back, though I wouldn't be crazy about the hand grips and I've a feeling they'll catch a lot of dirt so I'll be forever cleaning it.

Have to get used to the bumpers because the slightest bit of pressure at all sets them off, but the triggers offers slightly more resistance than the standard controller, more like the 360 controller. The trigger locks are very useful and work really well. One thing I've noticed though is the bumpers and triggers interfere with each other a little bit when used together. For instance if I call a player to press on FIFA using RB, and then sprint with another player simultaneously using RT the bumper will get stuck down. This only happens when I press the bumper first, before the trigger so there's something there it must be catching on. This isn't a huge deal though, not too many games require pressing bumpers and triggers at the same time.

The thumb sticks are wider and for me much more comfy than the standard ones. It comes with extra sticks too, one set of them pretty much the same as the standard controllers sticks but a bit higher, and a set of convex sticks similar to those of a PS3 controller. What I find to be a strange choice here however is one of these convex sticks is taller than the other. This is fine for me because i prefer the right stick higher than the left stick, but if you wanted two convex sticks of equal height like on the Elite controller you're out of luck. The sticks come on and off very simply.

The "pro" buttons on the back are useful enough. They sit naturally where my middle fingers rest, but they've just enough resistance so they don't get pressed accidentally. There's only two compared to the four most other controllers with buttons on the back feature. They take literally 5 seconds to set up, so they can be changed on the fly.

Overall quite impressed. Don't go out of your way to get one if you already have an Elite, or you're comfortable with spending €100+ on a controller. If not though and you want something similar it's definitely something to consider. It does certain better than the standard controller. How long it'll last is another question, but it has some description of a two-year warranty. The packaging and presentation is quite nice too if that's something you're into.

tldr - it's good for the price.

Bayonetta, de blob2 and Arkanoid live go backwards compatible today.

Bayonetta is awesome.

Yeah shame the second one went to the Wii U as an exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Overwatch Origins Edition jus popped up on my Xbone s ready to install?

I never bought it or anything?

Anyone else get this? Happened recently with some other game too.

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »

Free to play 9th - 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Give it a blast it's great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Yeah shame the second one went to the Wii U as an exclusive.

And. It. Is. Awesome. :) Anyone else looking forward to Recore?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's free for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks lads :)

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    And. It. Is. Awesome. :) Anyone else looking forward to Recore?

Yeah looking forward to it , but really am expecting reviews to expose some flaws with it, doubt there'll be anything much to put me off but do expect there to be some flaws.

Yeah looking forward to it , but really am expecting reviews to expose some flaws with it, doubt there'll be anything much to put me off but do expect there to be some flaws.

I sure hope they did something with that jump animation. Its on my 'maybe' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

@nesboxcom
    Good news everyone! #nesbox has passed certification and will appear in Windows Store for XBox One soon.

So NES emulation is happening...

maximoose wrote: »
    @nesboxcom

So NES emulation is happening...

Hopefully a SNES one isn't too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

An N64 one and Goldeneye :D

• Advertisement

Time to start loading up Onedrive with roms in preparation :)

Edit: Well sheeeit, only just read the description of the app:
    Nesbox is a video console emulators hub. You can play your favorite NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis and GameBoy Color/Advanced games on any computer working under Windows.

I hope I get this downloaded before it inevitably disappears...

maximoose wrote: »
    Time to start loading up Onedrive with roms in preparation :)

Edit: Well sheeeit, only just read the description of the app:

I hope I get this downloaded before it inevitably disappears...

Yeah I just assumed because of the developer name it was just NES but it's actually his universal one :)

Should hit the store in 1-2 days apparently

Surely Nintendo won't let this go ahead?

Doubt they'll do anything about it tbh. There's Gameboy emulators on Android play store for years.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Doubt they'll do anything about it tbh. There's Gameboy emulators on Android play store for years.

Is it against the rules of the forum to ask how this works especially if it comes to xb1? How to get games etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Is it against the rules of the forum to ask how this works especially if it comes to xb1? How to get games etc?

There's legal roms out there, so talk about the emulator is fine imo, but talk of how to get illegal roms is not allowed.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Considering Nintendo's own woeful efforts on a digital store, I'm not sure they'd even know what the Google Play store is.

How Nintendo have not released their own emulator + purchasable games is beyond me. It's a license to print cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Emulation itself is not Illegal. Distribution of copyright material, such as Game ROMs, on the other hand is.

The Emulation scene is only really allowed to survive because people use it to home brew games and apps for your favourite old console. Although everyone knows the real reason for an Emulator.

• Advertisement

I was looking at maybe getting the Logitech G920 steering wheel for Forza Horizon 3. I know the games not released yet but I presume the wheel would work fine with it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement