Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If it is anything like Forza Horizon(first one on 360) then a steering wheel would be **** with it. Steering wheels work fine with standard Forza games but not the horizon. But that could be changed now as I only have experience with 360 games and wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I was looking at maybe getting the Logitech G920 steering wheel for Forza Horizon 3. I know the games not released yet but I presume the wheel would work fine with it?
    Have a Ferrari wheel that I've used on fm6. Works really well but just be warned it makes the game harder. I've had fun with it in single player but would never play multiplayer with it, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Not just the wheel itself but it really only makes sense with the in car camera which restricts your view. With the camera angle on the external cameras you can see the other cars, the corners and the line to take much more clearly.

It's hard to switch between wheel and controller. You need a period to get used to it so I either just don't play online or I just don't use the wheel or mostly it gets annoying and I just don't play the game!

Also horizon is more arcady I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So no Fallout/Skyrim mods for PS4 after all...

Xbox UK twitter ain't holding back.
    https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/774266590502195200

• Tides are turning from a Public Image perspective IMO
    Sony moved into a position of power and now I feel they are taking the piss
    PS4 Pro is a weak effort
    Also weak offering on PS Plus when it used to be great
    Now this
    I rarely have used the console lately. It's all been Xbox / PC for me

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tides are turning from a Public Image perspective IMO
    Sony moved into a position of power and now I feel they are taking the piss
    PS4 Pro is a weak effort
    Also weak offering on PS Plus when it used to be great
    Now this
    I rarely have used the console lately. It's all been Xbox / PC for me

There was a piece on polygon earlier where they wouldn't rule out charging for hdr patches for older ps4 games on the pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Many people are still under the misconception that the Pro is Sony's answer to the Scorpio. It's not, its the counterpart to the One S and to power PSVR.

That's why it's €400 and not the €500-600 Scorpio will be as MS have just announced yesterday.

But yes the tables are turning and MS have learned for their mistakes while Sony are too set in their ways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Personally, I just find it amazing that neither company seems to learn from their own mistakes, never mind their competitors.

Going back to the PS3 reveal, the backlash that came from a simple throw away comment ("The Next Generation begins when we say it will!") was unreal, people just thought that they were so incredibly arrogant.

Fast forward to the Xbox One reveal, and hilarity ensued at how tone deaf the entire thing was. ("For our customers with no broadband, we have the Xbox 360!")

I have a feeling that the PS4 Slim and Pro reveal will probably be looked upon in the same vein eventually, there is a sense that Sony have lost their focus on the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Personally, I just find it amazing that neither company seems to learn from their own mistakes, never mind their competitors.

Going back to the PS3 reveal, the backlash that came from a simple throw away comment ("The Next Generation begins when we say it will!") was unreal, people just thought that they were so incredibly arrogant.

Fast forward to the Xbox One reveal, and hilarity ensued at how tone deaf the entire thing was. ("For our customers with no broadband, we have the Xbox 360!")

I have a feeling that the PS4 Slim and Pro reveal will probably be looked upon in the same vein eventually, there is a sense that Sony have lost their focus on the consumer.

Without the whole thread spiraling off into a flame war effort, my own personal opinion is that Sony corporation as a whole has too much of their business hinging off the PlayStation platform, things like the recent price hike to plus coupled with poor free games, no effort of backwards compatibility, and now a mediocre effort at a more powerful console, it all just smacks of them trying to get as much money as they can out of the existing user base with minimal investment. They can't even upgrade their network setup to facilitate you changing gamertags FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hello all,

I'm just wondering. Would I be mad to buy the Xbox one 500g version now? I see them going cheap on adverts. I really only use my 360 now for sky go/Netflix.

Is the 360 goona be around for much longer? I'd like to play the remastered cod 4 too. Is there much tv stuff on the Xbox one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm just wondering. Would I be mad to buy the Xbox one 500g version now? I see them going cheap on adverts. I really only use my 360 now for sky go/Netflix.

Is the 360 goona be around for much longer? I'd like to play the remastered cod 4 too. Is there much tv stuff on the Xbox one?

I don't think you'd be mad, no. There's a lot of quality of life improvements on the One S, but if budget is your top priority, then you can safely go with an older, cheaper One.

There will soon be a 500gb version of the One S on sale soon enough, if you're interested in 4k at all.

TV wise, it's pretty well covered, there's app for almost everything, and you can hook your skybox(or whichever) into the One.

• Advertisement

Would I be mad to buy the Xbox one 500g version now? I see them going cheap on adverts.

How much are you seeing them for? How much are you wanting to pay?

€235 for a second hand one from CeX but at least you get a 2 year warranty with it. You could trade your 360 in for it too if you wanted: https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SXB1500GB003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

CatInABox wrote: »
    I don't think you'd be mad, no. There's a lot of quality of life improvements on the One S, but if budget is your top priority, then you can safely go with an older, cheaper One.

There will soon be a 500gb version of the One S on sale soon enough, if you're interested in 4k at all.

TV wise, it's pretty well covered, there's app for almost everything, and you can hook your skybox(or whichever) into the One.

Any idea how much the 500gb s one will be?

€299.99 with FIFA 17 free (digital download probably)

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-752/xbox-one-consoles/p-20309/xbox-one-s-500gb-fifa-17-bundle/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the dovetail games fishing game? I need a lazy arse game tonight :)

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to get the dovetail games fishing game? I need a lazy arse game tonight :)

Russia. 699 rubles/€9.21

http://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Dovetail-Games-Euro-Fishing/c5828hs8k39d

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'd definitely wait for the xbox one s 500gb in a couple of weeks. Not that it's hugely different from the standard xbox one, but it'll be worth a fair bit more if you decide to trade it in in the future.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Changed region and been trying to add a card but won't take postcode :(

Keeps saying region doesn't match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

I was looking at maybe getting the Logitech G920 steering wheel for Forza Horizon 3. I know the games not released yet but I presume the wheel would work fine with it?

I just got a G920 the other day and have only really been using it with F1 2016, I don't have Horizon 2 so can't say about that, but while the wheel is really good and I like it a lot, it does take a lot of getting used to. The one thing about the G920 that is bad imo is that the brake pedal is so stiff, there is no way you could use it just sitting on the floor as it would slide every time you brake, it needs to be held in place somehow.

Well be honest this was never going to fly

https://twitter.com/nesboxcom/status/774538146159718400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm looking to change my wallpaper on the dashboard. Can I get the wallpapers from the following link through the Xbox itself? If not, how do I get them onto the console?

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/wallpapers/#/items/xb1-jump-ahead

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I'm looking to change my wallpaper on the dashboard. Can I get the wallpapers from the following link through the Xbox itself? If not, how do I get them onto the console?

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/wallpapers/#/items/xb1-jump-ahead

UhUuTOQ.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

UhUuTOQ.png?1

Is USB the only way? Damn I don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you not upload the image to Onedrive and then download via the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

amadablam wrote: »
    Changed region and been trying to add a card but won't take postcode :(

Keeps saying region doesn't match

I'll PM you my Travel Agent, he sorted my trip to Russia for me ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you not upload the image to Onedrive and then download via the console?

Nah, which is a bit silly really.

I did find another way without using a USB stick tho.

You can access your pictures the same way via the Meda Player app on XB1 but instead of looking at files on a USB stick you can view them from a DLNA server on your PC.

Just tried it there and was able to set a new wallpaper this way.

How to set up DLNA: http://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/

I never use DLNA myself so not sure about changing the sharing rights on every folder etc. but for me the only way I could quickly get the images to show up on XB1 was to put them all into "My Pictures" folder in the OneDriver folder on my PC. Once I enabled the Media Sharing on Windows 10, launced the Media Player app on XB1, clicked on my PC which now showed up. I went Pictures>Folders>Pictures and there they were. Just clicked on them to view them, then pressed Menu button and selected "Set as Background".

I'll play around with it a bit more later, it's probably easy enough to just set it to be able to view a single folder called "Xbox Wallpapers" on the desktop or something.

You could use this method either, then your images will show up under Screenshots when going to set background wallpaper in settings.
    If you want to use your own background for the Boards group or any group for that matter;

Just place the image in the default Game DVR folder on Windows 10 which should be C:\Users\USERNAME\Videos\Captures then click on Game DVR in the W10 Xbox app sidebar and you should see your image there with the option to upload. You'll have to lie and tag it as any old game before it allows you to upload it.

Then back on your console, whilst in the background edit option, select screenshots and your image should be there.

A massive thank you for your help to MiskyBoyy, max mafioso and Gilberto eire for helping with this traumatic exercise :D

Games is currently downloading

I hope I bought the right amount of credit and it wasn't 1000000 rubles or something lol I was so bad on that site :D

Headlines tomorrow

'in one transaction, culchie Irish lad, purchases xbox live Russia for unprecedented bargain '

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

I may be going traveling in the near future myself and I think I have my travel documents in order but would love a PM to confirm my check list of the steps, a copy and paste job if their is such a thing :) I will be paying for my travels using PayPal .

And wasn't there a website of the best places to travel to ? I thought I bookedmark it but can't find it :(

Much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement