Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Apologies, I believe I just scrapped your car while passing. Your drivatar looked well pissed :D

It's alright. He's just sitting on the road plotting some murderous revenge. These drivatars really are very realistic :o

I'm not big on cars in genera,l hate driving IRL , but I really like the Horizon games, guess its the open world aspect to it that can get guys like me on board.

I was hoping that my favourite COD (Modern warfare 1) would become BC but after playing Black ops 1 the last few nights I'm glad there is a remaster coming.

Invisible players in nearly every TDM game I played with them getting 40+ kills and no deaths. What losers gets enjoyment out of doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

I have a bit of a predicament.

I want to buy an Xbox one S, I've looked online on Smyths/Gamestop/Littlewoods. The only ones available are bundles with FIFA 17 and Battlefield one, which aren't out for ages. That's not a huge problem, I'd like to get both games. The problem is I want to get an Xbox one S ASAP as Pro Evolution Soccer is out on the 15th of September.

I can't see any offers online for simply purchasing an Xbox one S console or even purchasing one with a current game included in a bundle.

Any advice appreciated.

Any advice appreciated.

How about the 2TB model? There seems to be plenty of stock for it in Gamestop stores across the country...

Edit: Athlone & Ballina being the closest to Galway with it in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I was hoping that my favourite COD (Modern warfare 1) would become BC but after playing Black ops 1 the last few nights I'm glad there is a remaster coming.

Invisible players in nearly every TDM game I played with them getting 40+ kills and no deaths. What losers gets enjoyment out of doing that.

Yep loads of them alright. Id never played fps before but getting into black ops. I record them send message to friend and get him to report message. Pity you cant report your own clip.

They take action on xbox one reports, not sure if they do anything if you report through 360 dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    How about the 2TB model? There seems to be plenty of stock for it in Gamestop stores across the country...

Would prefer to order online and gamestop is sold out. Also prefer a smaller size as I won't have loads of games on it, but that's not a game breaker.

Would prefer to order online and gamestop is sold out. Also prefer a smaller size as I won't have loads of games on it, but that's not a game breaker.

You can pay for it online but still have to collect in store. Only option there seems to be right now unless you wait 'till the 22nd for the FIFA editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

InFamous last words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

"I'm only really going to play GTA and Battlefield"

Few months later and I've 89 games installed and 67 more waiting to install and all I ever play is Ark :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I want to buy an Xbox one S, I've looked online on Smyths/Gamestop/Littlewoods. The only ones available are bundles with FIFA 17 and Battlefield one, which aren't out for ages. That's not a huge problem, I'd like to get both games. The problem is I want to get an Xbox one S ASAP as Pro Evolution Soccer is out on the 15th of September.

I can't see any offers online for simply purchasing an Xbox one S console or even purchasing one with a current game included in a bundle.

Any advice appreciated.

Would you not just buy the fifa bundle ?. As you could sell your digital code for FIFA on adverts ?. As i am sure you will get at lest 40 euros for it. Then use the money and buy PRO EVO out of it ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is there Misky? I checked the other day and there wasn't one to be got, if there is i might take a trip

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I keep saying I'll never buy another Forza again, I'll never buy another Forza again after I keep buying them each year and then not playing them.

Then I launched the demo for this.... ****.

I won't buy another Forza until I actually finish Forza Horizon 2, which should be some time next year....

Anyway, I played the FH3 demo, and it looks amazing. I wonder how much better it looks with HDR....

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

This crowd look to do pretty decent skins for xboxs (One, One S) if people fancy a different colour. Not too sure about the controller ones because they only cover the front but you could get one for your phone or something to push it over for the free shipping!

https://dbrand.com/shop/xbox-one-s-skins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dbrand skins are quality, I've ordered a few for my Oneplus and they are great. Pretty quick delivery to Ireland too.

BUT Avoid the controller skins, they are a strange shape - not sure why they didn't cover more of the front panel, and poor fitting IMO. I've used many many skins for different things with no issue but could not for the life of me get dbrand's controller skins to fit without bubbling on two controllers.

• ^Pat Mustard :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Since I changed to that, I get on average one message a week saying something along the lines of:
    LOL!! OMFG dat GT, gud 2 c more Irish!

Pîss off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Anyone fancy a Military Green Xbox ONE S?

For anyone who was interested in getting a One S, this offers much better value including Battlefield 1: Early Enlister's Edition RRP €89.99

p6uxPmX.jpg?1

The package comes in stanbard 500gb white too.

Gamestop taking pre-orders on this now for anyone interested. Just put mine down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Is there Misky? I checked the other day and there wasn't one to be got, if there is i might take a trip

I can check in Ballina if you want.

ibFoxer wrote:

If you check on GameStop.ie search for Xbox one S 2TB it will grayed out to buy online but will have an option to click and collect underneath that. Click that, it will get you to login (or create an account) then it will bring up a map with all the stores. Green will be in stock, red will be out of stock. You choose your store, enter your details and go to pay online.

Just checked again there and seems to be plenty across the country still.

• Advertisement

I wonder can i remember my gamestop account details.....

I recommend https://lastpass.com/ secure & convenient :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't think you need your account details.

I'm really tempted to buy an S now and move on the original One.

Just not sure whether I should get the 2TB One S in white or the 1TB Army Green with Battlefield.????

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't think you need your account details.

I'm really tempted to buy an S now and move on the original One.

Just not sure whether I should get the 2TB One S in white or the 1TB Army Green with Battlefield.????

God man get the white, the green is nasty......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Take that back you heathen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Will there be a black version? Need to get a black console or the missus will notice ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Take that back you heathen :D

Nope- looks terrible to me
    Will there be a black version? Need to get a black console or the missus will notice ;)

That is what i'm thinking, apparently there's a charcoal grey type colour coming out in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hello again,

Just two questions.

1 - is the Xbox one s as loud as the 360? I mean as in for watching skygo/Netflix?

2 - has the whole console thing changed now to them realising a new console every 2/3 yrs? If I get the Xbox one s, will it just be unless in 2 yrs? As in them only making decent games for the scorpio?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hello again,

Just two questions.

1 - is the Xbox one s as loud as the 360? I mean as in for watching skygo/Netflix?

2 - has the whole console thing changed now to them realising a new console every 2/3 yrs? If I get the Xbox one s, will it just be unless in 2 yrs? As in them only making decent games for the scorpio?

Despite shrinking the Xbox One by 40%, they've managed to fit a massive 120mm fan in there, with a still massive heat sink, so it should be whisper quiet during everything but gaming. In saying that, some Xbox Ones have been noisier than others, for no discernible reason. It could just be down to differences in quality between some fan components.

It's still a bit unknown at this stage, as this current refresh (PS4 Pro and Scorpio) are being talked about as "neccessary" to reflect the growing 4k TV usage.

Both Sony and Microsoft have stated that there will be no PS4 Pro or Scorpio exclusives.

In the future though, I can see both companies supporting two consoles in the market, so that developers would have to support games on the two most recent consoles (i.e. Xbox One and Scorpio right now), until the "next gen" comes out, at which point developers would have to support the latest two consoles (i.e Scorpio and Xbox Next).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

CatInABox wrote: »
    Despite shrinking the Xbox One by 40%, they've managed to fit a massive 120mm fan in there, with a still massive heat sink, so it should be whisper quiet during everything but gaming. In saying that, some Xbox Ones have been noisier than others, for no discernible reason. It could just be down to differences in quality between some fan components.

It's still a bit unknown at this stage, as this current refresh (PS4 Pro and Scorpio) are being talked about as "neccessary" to reflect the growing 4k TV usage.

Both Sony and Microsoft have stated that there will be no PS4 Pro or Scorpio exclusives.

In the future though, I can see both companies supporting two consoles in the market, so that developers would have to support games on the two most recent consoles (i.e. Xbox One and Scorpio right now), until the "next gen" comes out, at which point developers would have to support the latest two consoles (i.e Scorpio and Xbox Next).

Thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement