Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know if there is an Xbox One S Elite on the way?

I was going to buy the Elite controller and possibly trade in my Xbone for an S; but with the poor trade in value on consoles in CeX, I think I will keep this one for another room and buy a Bundled console instead.................

This is how I ended up with four 360 in the house last gen. :D

I get too attached to those consoles after all the happy moments we shared :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hello again,

Just two questions.

1 - is the Xbox one s as loud as the 360? I mean as in for watching skygo/Netflix?

2 - has the whole console thing changed now to them realising a new console every 2/3 yrs? If I get the Xbox one s, will it just be unless in 2 yrs? As in them only making decent games for the scorpio?

The s is very quiet, I don't notice it and it's 1.5 feet from my head

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can play NES games on your XB1.

Here's a guide from reddit on how to:

"For some of us people who didn't understand how to do everything to get this working I thought I would put up a step by step guide to help us out.

1: DL Roms and upload them to your onedrive account
    2: On your X1 go to the Edge and open the URL bar and type nesbox.itch.io/x1
    3: Opens a page (recommended to make it your home page if you don't surf the web on your xbox like me)
    4: Click start and switch controls to the webpage controls
    5: Click add rom from onedrive
    6: Select the unpacked Rom files you want (It sounds like they want them to end in .SMC (might have to manually change that))
    7: Might give you an error but click ok. refresh the page (if the roms dont auto load up on the list)
    8: Click Full Screen
    9: Click Start and change controls back to the Game controls
    10:Enjoy life!

Notes: When in the OneDrive page (using web controls) click B to refresh if needed!

MS blocked storeparser , crazy considering these sites do a far better job than MS do on their store.

https://twitter.com/StoreParser/status/776502052650450945

Anyone tried nesbox in the browser???? They added one drive support :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Right dudes, I only send nice messages, currently via the smartglass Android app they are failing, I remember them failing a while ago also. any ideas? I just want to say 'vgg blah suck blah hate you etc

' nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

On a side note I just got my 22nd replacement controller earlier, left thumbstick yeah, I barely play xbox but it's still my fault yeah yeah.

Seriously though, I has 'receipts' to validate the 22. Innit Bruv

#p.s. Imagine if I actually played the thing like regular

# as in sober

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Liamalone wrote: »
    On a side note I just got my 22nd replacement controller earlier, left thumbstick yeah, I barely play xbox but it's still my fault yeah yeah.

Is this you?
    article-2068034-0EFEF8DE00000578-653_634x424.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

maximoose wrote: »
    Is this you?
    article-2068034-0EFEF8DE00000578-653_634x424.jpg

Banned. Just.... F**king Banned.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Was wondering could anyone tell me how to change the Xbox app on my phone from sterling to euro's, I know it's linked to my console, but my console is set region in Ireland and all was in euro's last night when I downloaded the last battlefield 4 add ons

• Advertisement

Downloaded the "simple background music player" app to listen to some some music while playing Forza Horizon 1 and it works perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tripperman wrote: »
    Was wondering could anyone tell me how to change the Xbox app on my phone from sterling to euro's, I know it's linked to my console, but my console is set region in Ireland and all was in euro's last night when I downloaded the last battlefield 4 add ons
    On Windows Phone its linked to your phone Region settings, not sure about Android or iOS. If you had changed the region to get Cortana working or something, that'd be where it's coming from.

My android app has been set to sterling too for the last few updates to it, checking the use console region option in the app settings does nothing.

Now I think of it this could be related to the Issue I've had trying to download Mirrors Edge on games with gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

My android app has been set to sterling too for the last few updates to it, checking the use console region option in the app settings does nothing.

Now I think of it this could be related to the Issue I've had trying to download Mirrors Edge on games with gold.

I'm on Android phone as well, can't make purchases with the app either, doesn't affect console purchases tho,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So Kodi is now on the windows store, but sadly enough, it's just a Windows Store wrapper that's been put around the code, so it's not a true UWP app. Disappointing, as Kodi is the best media centre going, it would be amazing to have it on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭GBX

CatInABox wrote: »
    So Kodi is now on the windows store, but sadly enough, it's just a Windows Store wrapper that's been put around the code, so it's not a true UWP app. Disappointing, as Kodi is the best media centre going, it would be amazing to have it on Xbox One.

That would be fantastic to get the normal version of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have my kodi box run through the HDMI passthrough, would absolutely love a standalone app for it.

I think I read something before from the devs saying that the only thing preventing them from making a UWP was time, there isn't a big team behind it as far as I know.

Forza Horizon 3 getting a lot of 10/10s and 5/5s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Would i be crazy here on amazon the Xbox one S with Fifa 17 with my 20% discount i get i can get it for 188 pound about 225 euros would i be mad buying it ?.

How much are the xbox ones going for is i was going to sell my 2 year old 500GB one ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would i be crazy here on amazon the Xbox one S with Fifa 17 with my 20% discount i get i can get it for 188 pound about 225 euros would i be mad buying it ?.

How much are the xbox ones going for is i was going to sell my 2 year old 500GB one ?.

Where did you get a 20% discount?

If you use Revolut you'll get it for €218

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where did you get a 20% discount?

If you use Revolut you'll get it for €218

Joys of my company ;).

I ordered it there as thats just crazy cheap to say no to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Joys of my company ;).

I ordered it there as thats just crazy cheap to say no to.

I've a similar wonderful company looking out for me. (Hopefully I'll keep in their good graces, at least until the Nintendo NX and Scorpio have both launched!)

I got the 2TB model for €300. I planned to sell the original, but it's still sitting in the spare room. :o

I'm really liking my S. Still waiting on the adaptor for the Kinect though.

druss wrote: »
    I've a similar wonderful company looking out for me. (Hopefully I'll keep in their good graces, at least until the Nintendo NX and Scorpio have both launched!)

I got the 2TB model for €300. I planned to sell the original, but it's still sitting in the spare room. :o

I'm really liking my S. Still waiting on the adaptor for the Kinect though.

Like would the S be a lot more faster and how is the new controller compare to the old one ?.

Also is it quite as the big brother ?. AS i have both consoles and i find the PS4 really load but the xbox one really quite.

Also i have a Hard drive from my old one will that just be able to plug in or will i have to download the games again for it ?.

Like would the S be a lot more faster and how is the new controller compare to the old one ?.

Also is it quite as the big brother ?. AS i have both consoles and i find the PS4 really load but the xbox one really quite.

Also i have a Hard drive from my old one will that just be able to plug in or will i have to download the games again for it ?.

I can't do an exact comparison on speed, because my broadband is also in much better health than it was. Boot times are better and the initial install time flew by, when compared to original. But some of that is certainly attributable to better net speed.

I find it much quieter than the One. It's also nice not to have the charger "brick", which my toddler used to get better tv viewing angles. Other toddler-related pluses, the "on" button isn't as sensitive. Believe me, that's a good thing. Design is better

Love the new controller. Feels much more comfortable and like the way I can use it on pc as well, without an adaptor.
    I haven't got UHD Bluray discs yet, but I plan on getting some and like that it is a feature.

Similar to you, I had a 1TB external drive with all games on that. I just plugged it in and games were detected. There is some initialisation process, but no need to download everything again.

What I was thinking, if I keep the 2nd Xbox, is that I could now copy the games onto the Xbox S internal drive and then connect the external drive back to the original Xbox. Maybe. Or maybe just pass it on, given that I should probably reduce boxes that can be flung at me, when Scorpio and NX mysteriously appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I ordered the Kinect adapter for Xbox One S on Thursday and it arrived today, much quicker than I thought it would take. In order to get it for free you need to have the serial numbers for your older xbox one, kinect, and xbox one s, then contact xbox support.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I ordered the Kinect adapter for Xbox One S on Thursday and it arrived today, much quicker than I thought it would take. In order to get it for free you need to have the serial numbers for your older xbox one, kinect, and xbox one s, then contact xbox support.

I ordered it ages ago in Belgium and no sign of it! My fluent French must have failed me.:pac:

If anyone who has ordered a xbox one s on amazon get it yet ?. My one was due today and has not been shipped yet at all ?. Has anyone ever had this issue ?.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If anyone who has ordered a xbox one s on amazon get it yet ?. My one was due today and has not been shipped yet at all ?. Has anyone ever had this issue ?.

Regards

Mine shipped on Sunday but I'm getting it shipped to the door rather than Parcel Motel and selected free delivery so should have it Friday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement