Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I've a set of Turtle Beach X11's and I can't get the mic to work at all through the controller. I can hear people but they can't hear me. I've tested the mic on my pc and it works fine. I've checked loads of stuff online and was in touch with Microsoft who ran me through the same things so they told me to return my controller which I did and still no joy. The console just says 'we were unable to find a microphone for these people'. It used to work fine. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
    You have to buy an adapter for the chat cable. That's what I had to do but that gave in after a few months and I just bough XO One's.Nearly killed myself tripping on all the decking wires. Nightmare stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

new enough to xbox one. Recently preloaded Mafia 3. Game was fully installed. Turned on the console this morning and the game is reinstalling another 43GB. Am I missing something or just being trolled? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gerp99 wrote: »
    new enough to xbox one. Recently preloaded Mafia 3. Game was fully installed. Turned on the console this morning and the game is reinstalling another 43GB. Am I missing something or just being trolled? :P

I think (and I'm not sure on this, I don't buy games until they're on sale) that sometimes they upload a temporary file, only a 100 MB or so, and then upload the actual game later, in this case 43GB.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think (and I'm not sure on this, I don't buy games until they're on sale) that sometimes they upload a temporary file, only a 100 MB or so, and then upload the actual game later, in this case 43GB.

The first download was 42gb itself. Ive a 10 gb download limit per day so it took me days to download it hence the pain of having to do it again.:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The first download was 42gb itself. Ive a 10 gb download limit per day so it took me days to download it hence the pain of having to do it again.:o

Ah, well, then you're screwed :D

Not sure what would cause it, but publishers have uploaded the wrong files before (seriously, the files they uploaded would never work, poeple had to delete and download the entire thing again), and they've also pushed out patches that were larger than the original game.

I pity anyone thinking of buying a PS4 Pro or Scorpio with bad broadband!

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah, well, then you're screwed :D

Not sure what would cause it, but publishers have uploaded the wrong files before (seriously, the files they uploaded would never work, poeple had to delete and download the entire thing again), and they've also pushed out patches that were larger than the original game.

I pity anyone thinking of buying a PS4 Pro or Scorpio with bad broadband!

haha good to know. ill just download it nearer to release so in case they mess up again. My internet is lightening fast they just cap daily downloads to 10 gb which is a pain. thanks for the info:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

haha good to know. ill just download it nearer to release so in case they mess up again. My internet is lightening fast they just cap daily downloads to 10 gb which is a pain. thanks for the info:)

Double check its actually a full 43 GB download and not just verifying the files you already downloaded.

Guys are xbox phone support still based in Dublin ?

Been on to the online chat a few times re: my games with gold issues for 360 games and getting nowhere, they are far better than they used to be though.

As an aside I feel really guilty chatting to some one in the Philippines being paid buttons about my first world problems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I've just noticed you can redeem Bitcoin to buy USD funds on your Xbox account:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments#/?state=bitcoin&mkt=en-us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure if its been posted:

Call of Duty: World at War is now playable on #XboxOne via #BackwardCompatibility. Relive the action today: http://bit.ly/2do1vIW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone finding downloads of Xbox live slower than usual tonight?

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone finding downloads of Xbox live slower than usual tonight?

Had few updates run full speed no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

So thinking about selling my xbox since I've bought a gaming PC and looking like most future xbox titles will be play anywhere or on PC anyway I dont need both. What I'm wondering is since I have some digital games and a load of GWG titles would I be able to sell with these but keep my microsoft Gamertag and account?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Joshua J wrote:
    So thinking about selling my xbox since I've bought a gaming PC and looking like most future xbox titles will be play anywhere or on PC anyway I dont need both. What I'm wondering is since I have some digital games and a load of GWG titles would I be able to sell with these but keep my microsoft Gamertag and account?.

Yeah you'll keep them and can download and play them anytime in the future on another xbox as long as you have gold.

Do a factory reset on the xbox before you sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Joshua J wrote: »
    So thinking about selling my xbox since I've bought a gaming PC and looking like most future xbox titles will be play anywhere or on PC anyway I dont need both.

That may sound great on paper, but it might be a while until this works as it should. Take Forza Horizon 3 for example: it works flawlessly on XB1, but it's buggy as hell on PC.

JoyPad wrote: »
    That may sound great on paper, but it might be a while until this works as it should. Take Forza Horizon 3 for example: it works flawlessly on XB1, but it's buggy as hell on PC.
    Yeah but I hardly if ever play the xbox anymore it's just gathering dust tbh may as well cash it in.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah you'll keep them and can download and play them anytime in the future on another xbox as long as you have gold.

I worded my post terribly I meant could I sell these digital games with my xbox (making more money) yet keep my gamertag. After reading up on it that is impossible as the games are linked to the gamertag so yeah I'll have to factory reset. Bit of a waste really. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

No need to reset, just delete account. You can even leave home console on as a sweetener.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Has anyone seen this about a DDOS attack on Microsoft
    http://map.norsecorp.com/#/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

That website is mental.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,296 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Joshua J wrote: »
    I worded my post terribly I meant could I sell these digital games with my xbox (making more money) yet keep my gamertag. After reading up on it that is impossible as the games are linked to the gamertag so yeah I'll have to factory reset. Bit of a waste really. Thanks.

No you can't do that, you'd have to give them your gamertag/ms account pretty much, I wouldn't recommend doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I thought I was looking at Xbox live Arcades new title for a minute :p

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I taught I was looking at Xbox live Arcades new title for a minute :p

DEFCON 5, LAUNCH THE NUKES

That website is mental.

Norse Corp is a bit mental themselves, wouldn't exactly have a sterling reputation among the IT security industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

That map is impressive!

What am I looking at anyway??:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

That map is impressive!

What am I looking at anyway??:o

Just have a smoke, sit back and just chill while watching that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Watching it makes me think of the old Matthew Broderick film, 'War Games'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It wouldn't surprise me if it was just randomly generated.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't surprise me if it was just randomly generated.

It pretty much is.

Brian Krebs is essentially the man to go to when it comes to online security, and his investigation of Norse Corp.

What's even worse than all of that is I keep typing their name out as Norse Crop, like there's a field of Norsemen out there, just waiting to be harvested

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement