Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That was a staff issue white xbox
    All Microsoft staff got them

Yeah I know it was issued to some Microsoft staff. I just wasn't sure how genuine the ad was. He marked it as sold after but there was no feedback received from around that time. Ah well, who know's :confused: Not that it matters now :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So there's a rumour that there'll be a price cut announced at Gamescom, apparently the Spanish mobile Xbox site had the price at €350.

Have to say, if it's true, it's the right move.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    So there's a rumour that there'll be a price cut announced at Gamescom, apparently the Spanish mobile Xbox site had the price at €350.

Have to say, if it's true, it's the right move.

When's gamescom and when is the price cut likely to happen?

Hoping to get my hands on a One before Destiny comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

There is all kinds of rumours popping up over the last 2 days.

A white Xbox with a 1TB hard drive yesterday and now today an Xbox One for €350.

All of these from retailers websites. I think it's just retailers trying to get a bit of free press pre-Gamescon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Chinese Xbox One console and games will be region locked :mad:

:mad: becasue some of the games they showed of in the launch trailer for china looked really good, like Mercury and Neverwinter, hopefully Mercury at least makes it over here, I'd take it over destiny any day based on this ,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When's gamescom and when is the price cut likely to happen?

Hoping to get my hands on a One before Destiny comes out.

It's in eight days or so.
    There is all kinds of rumours popping up over the last 2 days.

A white Xbox with a 1TB hard drive yesterday and now today an Xbox One for €350.

All of these from retailers websites. I think it's just retailers trying to get a bit of free press pre-Gamescon.

The white Xbox One is almost definite, and has been in the pipeline for some time now. In fact, it's the only one of the major NeoGaf leaks that hasn't been announced yet.

The €350 Xbox One rumour has apparently been refuted, but I'd still say the price will be cut. The way I see it happening is the white 1TB Xbox One is going to enter the market at €400, with the black Xbox One dropping to €350. Otherwise they've got to introduce the white One at €450, and it's pretty clear that the One isn't selling even at the €400 mark, never mind the €450-€500 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's in eight days or so.

The white Xbox One is almost definite, and has been in the pipeline for some time now. In fact, it's the only one of the major NeoGaf leaks that hasn't been announced yet.

The €350 Xbox One rumour has apparently been refuted, but I'd still say the price will be cut. The way I see it happening is the white 1TB Xbox One is going to enter the market at €400, with the black Xbox One dropping to €350. Otherwise they've got to introduce the white One at €450, and it's pretty clear that the One isn't selling even at the €400 mark, never mind the €450-€500 range.

I actually expected an Xbox One hard drive only model with a 1TB hard drive. I thought they'd entice a person to buy at a cheaper price point in order to get them to buy digital games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I actually expected an Xbox One hard drive only model with a 1TB hard drive. I thought they'd entice a person to buy at a cheaper price point in order to get them to buy digital games.

Would work for me definitely, as all my games are digital bar one

I think that was the original plan, and one I would have supported myself (all my games are digital) but I think that Microsoft are incredibly wary of any sort of backlash against "digital only."

My guess the plan nowadays is to drive the price of production down as fast as possible, while keeping the customer onside.

Well looks like there is definitely a price cut on the way. Amazon have an Xbox One listed with Madden 15 for just $399. that's only €298!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MCLFZ1Y/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00MCLFZ1Y&linkCode=as2&tag=s83-20&linkId=ZBDXKC46D7RVQDQY

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Well looks like there is definitely a price cut on the way. Amazon have an Xbox One listed with Madden 15 for just $399. that's only €298!!!

I'd imagine that all consoles would gearing up for price cuts or bundle deals soon enough for Christmas time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MS france have the kinectless version with fifa 15 and forza for 399 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

White xbox has been confirmed

http://trib.al/5BhIm3q

See, you can trust me and my dodgy never heard of before sources :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

White xbox has been confirmed

http://trib.al/5BhIm3q

Sweet, really like the look of the white one from the pics I've seen. I hope it's not a case of removing the disk drive though, me likey collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Myrddin wrote: »
    Sweet, really like the look of the white one from the pics I've seen. I hope it's not a case of removing the disk drive though, me likey collecting.

Making a change like that would probably cost more than they'd save by not having it. A new colour and a larger HDD wouldn't affect production much, whereas discless version would.

Hasbro Game Channel coming to ALL consoles this Autumn.

I like the look of it but depends on price of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Xbox Digital TV Tuner to be available in August
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner
    We know our fans in Europe have been asking for this functionality on Xbox Feedback and today, we’re pleased to announce that Xbox One users in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain will be able to experience premium live TV features on Xbox One, such as the ability to access your favorite shows and channels with the sound of your voice* through the OneGuide, with the new Xbox One Digital TV Tuner.

Beginning in October, the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner will be available in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain, providing Xbox One users in those markets with an over-the-air digital terrestrial TV experience through the USB single tuner, an alternative to accessing TV content from a cable or satellite set-top box connected through the HDMI-In port. The new digital TV tuner will also support free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television standards

With those standards it should 'probably' work with Saorview and Freeview+HD.

I wonder if it will only turn the Xbox One into a STB or whether it will also enable PVR functionality in future? (It talks about "Pause your favourite show when you get up to take a break")

Xbox Digital TV Tuner to be available in August
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner

With those standards it should 'probably' work with Saorview and Freeview+HD.

I wonder if it will only turn the Xbox One into a STB or whether it will also enable PVR functionality in future? (It talks about "Pause your favourite show when you get up to take a break")

Hopefully so, there was a very similar device for PS3 that would allow that , doesn't mention ireland in the list of countries but can't see why it wouldn't work based on the list of countries it lists and the fact that saorview is there now in the list of one guide sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Maybe because Saorview is only on the Preview Dashboard (probably coming along in August update for non-Preview users)

Is there a way I can view all of the digital content I've bought/own for the Xbox 360 folks?

Is there a way I can view all of the digital content I've bought/own for the Xbox 360 folks?

In billing section of xbox.com set the date range was wide as possible.

calex71 wrote: »
    In billing section of xbox.com set the date range was wide as possible.

Cool, will take a look. Cheers for that

https://live.xbox.com/en-IE/download/history

Sweet, exactly what I was looking for. Cheers :)

Sweet, exactly what I was looking for. Cheers :)

Never looked at mine before. It's a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG list :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

calex71 wrote: »

Will this work like a FTA or Freesat receiver then? If so I reckon it's a definite purchase.

Never looked at mine before. It's a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG list :eek: :D

Same here. I've just finished taking an inventory of all my physical games (across all systems, & being a retro collector it's a fair amount)...so wanted to finish off with a list if digital purchases. It has gotten to the stage where when I'm buying I'm not even sure if I have games already etc

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Will this work like a FTA or Freesat receiver then? If so I reckon it's a definite purchase.

Yeah it's an FTA receiver. Pretty much turns your xbox into a saorview box. As long as you have one of them new adapters from the link and an aerial to plug into it. Away you go :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement