Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Can I view movies to rent in the Xbox iOS app? When I click into the store I can only see games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CatInABox wrote: »

Strangely enough ODST showed up in my downloads a few days ago and I have never owned it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

amadablam wrote:
    Strangely enough ODST showed up in my downloads a few days ago and I have never owned it?

Do you have halo mcc? They added it free a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Do you have halo mcc? They added it free a while back

No but I borrowed it once for a day so maybe that it. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Reach was unplayable online on the Xbone last time I tried, the framerate was absolute pants (about 15-20fps with spikes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

VLC app is out , bit buggy though. you can copy stuff over allegedly haven't tried that yet.

I swear i can't find the VLC app?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ibFoxer wrote:
    I swear i can't find the VLC app?

You might have to grab it from the Windows 10 store before it shows up in your ready to install list.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You might have to grab it from the Windows 10 store before it shows up in your ready to install list.

Exactly that yes, cheers.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Exactly that yes, cheers.

I've played around with it and it's very much beta. So much so I'd forget it for now, even stuff like playing music I get horribly distorted audio like the EQ has been set with lows all set to max

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

How come Gears 4 isn't showing up in Argos?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Colham wrote: »
    How come Gears 4 isn't showing up in Argos?

not released until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

mossym wrote: »
    not released until tomorrow?

True, but I thought the it would be up for pre-order/reserve

Colham wrote: »
    True, but I thought the it would be up for pre-order/reserve

No, games only show up on the site on the day they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,187 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They micro transactions in games is just the way the world is now, people want everything now. People don't want to play through the game to get the better stuff and experience the game the proper way in working up to it. They just want to get the better stuff to make the game easier from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The amount of money I save by not buying most games on release is ridiculous.

About 2 weeks ago I bought Doom for €24. At the other end of the scale I could have bent over and paid €70-75 in Gamestop on release (and maybe still could).

What's even worse is buying games on release without any reviews, Mafia 3 for instance.

About 2 weeks ago I bought Doom for €24. At the other end of the scale I could have bent over and paid €70-75 in Gamestop on release (and maybe still could).

What's even worse is buying games on release without any reviews, Mafia 3 for instance.

Why anyone buys games from GameStop is beyond me. Buy online or Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fair point, but imagine the inadequacy brought about by being the lowest rank in a multiplayer lobby or not having the same unique day 1 skin for your gun that the other fifty thousand people playing have :cool:

Fair point, but imagine the inadequacy brought about by being the lowest rank in a multiplayer lobby or not having the same unique day 1 skin for your gun that the other fifty thousand people playing have :cool:

Ah those lads are just compensating! :D

I guess multiplayer games are a bit different in that you want to play them when lobbies are busy and not months down the line. Single player though doesn't really make a difference.

Although someone needs to pay top dollar, just don't pay top dollar in Gamestop as a previous poster said.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Bought Halo Master Chief Collection pre loaded and everything 12am hit raring to go, hit the multiplayer lobby started searching for a game half an hour later nothing, an hour later nothing days later nothing. That was my last Day one purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Storm grey Xbox One S, may make me want to buy one as the white colour didn't really do it for me.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/552353/Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-500GB-Storm-Grey-FIFA-17-EA-Sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Storm grey Xbox One S, may make me want to buy one as the white colour didn't really do it for me.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/552353/Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-500GB-Storm-Grey-FIFA-17-EA-Sports

That's quite nice!

I'd love a new colour scheme but i'd only end up putting stickers all over it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Where did you pick up doom for €24?

Where did you pick up doom for €24?

Base.com - link

£18.99 and when you add in postage it roughly comes to about €24. Pretty fast delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you buy/sell a 2nd hand X-Box One, do the games (installed) stay on it for the next person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you buy/sell a 2nd hand X-Box One, do the games (installed) stay on it for the next person?

Think they'd need to leave the account on there too.

I remember when I had a 360 and sold it, all my digital games were still able to be played on the console after I deleted my account but I'm not sure if it's the same on the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The actual files may be on the hard drive, but unless you're buying the account (gamertag) as well, you wont have access to them.

also make sure that you set the console as your home one, in case some dirtbird is using you for game sharing without your knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When resetting the the console you can wipe everything or leave games and apps on it.

If you leave your games on it but deregister the console as yours and remove your GT the games will still be there but the licences will be revoked. The person buying your console can they buy the game and start playing straight away (no need to redownload).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll probably just wipe it tbh. I dont think I have many games installed from GWG. Pity I didn't get to use it more but I need the money and can't justify hanging onto it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just seen I can get Mafia 3 cheap but it seems dodgy. Anybody ever do this, it seems you have to download a profile or something. Is it legit or against TOS? Just thought I'd ask here first.

http://www.abcdkey.com/Xbox-Live/Mafia-3-Bundle-Xbox-One-Account/219-577-2.html?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

• Advertisement

Just seen I can get Mafia 3 cheap but it seems dodgy. Anybody ever do this, it seems you have to download a profile or something. Is it legit or against TOS? Just thought I'd ask here first.

http://www.abcdkey.com/Xbox-Live/Mafia-3-Bundle-Xbox-One-Account/219-577-2.html?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

I'm going to go ahead and advise against it. Previous experience dictates that it doesn't work out very well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement