Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just seen I can get Mafia 3 cheap but it seems dodgy. Anybody ever do this, it seems you have to download a profile or something. Is it legit or against TOS? Just thought I'd ask here first.

http://www.abcdkey.com/Xbox-Live/Mafia-3-Bundle-Xbox-One-Account/219-577-2.html?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

It does work, but at any point in the future, you can lose access to the game. We always caution against it, as it definitely breaks the terms of use (i.e. Microsoft could shut down your account) and probably could be considered to break a few actual laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Sure this has been asked before but.. I'm selling my one. What settings should I change to delete profile, etc ?

All my games are saved on external HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

trixiebust wrote: »
    Sure this has been asked before but.. I'm selling my one. What settings should I change to delete profile, etc ?

Just delete your profile at a minimum. Reset home console if you want, but you can always set a console as home console later if you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

trixiebust wrote: »

But but but....why are you selling it?

But but but....why are you selling it?

Upgrading to the S. Got € 220 for it with a few games. So the Tesco offer, for an extra € 100, is grand. Three game and a new console, for a € 100...Sold!!!

Can't get rid that easy Max :D

• Advertisement

Ah sweet, thought you were leaving us there. If you have the Kinect, you will need to get an adapter for the S

Ah sweet, thought you were leaving us there. If you have the Kinect, you will need to get an adapter for the S

Yeah, held on to the Kinect. Will order that adapter too.

I think you need the serial code from your current One

I think you need the serial code from your current One

Does the code need to be registered to your account or will any serial do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Does the code need to be registered to your account or will any serial do?

It's handier if it's registered so you don't have to run through it all on xbox chat but any serial will do. Just remember if it's a friend's xbox serial you're using they won't be able to get the kinect adapter for free if they decide to upgrade.
    This is purely speculation, but I'd imagine every console is due one adapter each.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Does anyone know if old MS points for the 360 can still be redeemed? I found a couple of 4,200 cards in cex for €25, but surely if they were useless they couldn't sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know if old MS points for the 360 can still be redeemed? I found a couple of 4,200 cards in cex for €25, but surely if they were useless they couldn't sell them?

They should still work.

Used a few a couple of weeks back, had issues redeeming them but worked when i entered them on a 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, still work and give you €50 credit for your account, so at €25 a piece it's a no brainer.

I did the same recently but the shocking price of digital games makes me think it's not much of a saving despite the free credit. Games that are €30 2nd hand, and can be played, swapped and re-traded for further value, costing €60 on digital.

I just don't get digital at all - surely games should be considerably cheaper, not far more expensive! I know they have sales now and again but even then they're still pricey.

Games that are €70 on launch on digital are usually around €50-55 in Argos even. And again, there's no re-sale value in digital at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes, still work and give you €50 credit for your account, so at €25 a piece it's a no brainer.

I did the same recently but the shocking price of digital games makes me think it's not much of a saving despite the free credit. Games that are €30 2nd hand, and can be played, swapped and re-traded for further value, costing €60 on digital.

I just don't get digital at all - surely games should be considerably cheaper, not far more expensive! I know they have sales now and again but even then they're still pricey.

Games that are €70 on launch on digital are usually around €50-55 in Argos even. And again, there's no re-sale value in digital at all.

All my games are digital bar two I picked up in Tesco recently.

So handy not having to change disks to play a different game!!

I came across this site https://www.buygamecredit.com
    Gave it a go there with my mothers mobile phone as she has €230 credit on it :D
    Anyway, the credit isnt used on the phone so I got a €25 credit for Xbox, wored fine, this will come in handy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I came across this site https://www.buygamecredit.com
    Gave it a go there with my mothers mobile phone as she has €230 credit on it :D
    Anyway, the credit isnt used on the phone so I got a €25 credit for Xbox, wored fine, this will come in handy

HMV have the same service too, both work out at 28.74 for the 25 credit:

https://www.hmvgamecredit.com/IE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

2nd hand game shops are like those clothes donation cartels. You think ah 5-10 euro for a game I've finished playing is better than nothing. The reality is someone is getting very rich out of it. It amounts to exploitation and I'd rather keep the game to be honest even if its just to store them in my attic for prosperity.

Deals can be had on the digital market. Often better than physical stores.

New game prices are not great but the sales can be very good. The main seller for digital imo is game sharing. 2 people can play the same game at the same time. It cuts the cost of the games in half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm with TerrorFirmer in the digital prices should be cheaper on Xbox. Sure I just bought Mafia 3 on PC rather than Xbox as it was far cheaper. Got it for under €30 and it is just released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm with TerrorFirmer in the digital prices should be cheaper on Xbox. Sure I just bought Mafia 3 on PC rather than Xbox as it was far cheaper. Got it for under €30 and it is just released.

PC games have always been cheaper compared to console. Although a few game prices are like for like on PC and console.

Its all to do with competition really. There is way more competition for retail shops selling physical games than game selling from an exclusive online platform. Its all through the Xbox store.

The savvy digital game purchaser on console can always find a great deal if they know how.

PC games have always been cheaper compared to console. Although a few game prices are like for like on PC and console.

Its all to do with competition really. There is way more competition for retail shops selling physical games than game selling from an exclusive online platform. Its all through the Xbox store.

The savvy digital game purchaser on console can always find a great deal if they know how.

Also digital games do not take up stock room and don't need to be reduced to make room for newer stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

qrx wrote: »
    2nd hand game shops are like those clothes donation cartels. You think ah 5-10 euro for a game I've finished playing is better than nothing. The reality is someone is getting very rich out of it.

Well, yes, but that's capitalism and it benefits both buyer and seller. And realistically, if you bought Mafia 3 in Argos for €55 or whatever, you can finish it in a few weeks, and end up getting €30-40 back through trading into CEX or selling on adverts. With digital, your new release cost €60-70 and has zero resale value.

I understand why digital is handy, obviously, I'm a PC gamer mostly and I think the last time I bought a disk was about five years ago - unlike consoles, there is basically no market for physical discs on the PC but a similar argument exists - Steam's price are ridiculously high, like with the MS/Sony stores, and most people buy keys elsewhere.

Digital definitely has plenty of advantages but the prices need to be way more competitive. They're absurd at the moment. It's grand if you can wait for deals - I'd buy the odd one out of convenience myself - but for brand new or relatively new releases it makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

New game prices are not great but the sales can be very good. The main seller for digital imo is game sharing. 2 people can play the same game at the same time. It cuts the cost of the games in half.

I never realised how much I hated changing discs until I started going all digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I never realised how much I hated changing discs until I started going all digital.

Discs are noisier too. Even having a disc in the drive while playing a digital game irritates me. It whirrs up in anticipation that you're going to play it. I know it winds down eventually but I always have to take the disc out.

Having said all that, I'm not daft. I'd take a bargain on disc rather than pay more for digital. It's just more often than not I find the bargains are in digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

It depends what game it is imo. If it's something like rocket league, or a fps like overwatch where you just want to play it for maybe 15 minutes I much prefer having it downloaded. But if it's something like Fallout 4 where you have to play for 30+ minutes usually every session I'll be okay with discs

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Is anyone else finding that this whole season pass trend is getting out of hand? Just seen the Gears of War 4 season pass in the store for 50 quid and according to the description there is even no single player content.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

tkd93 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding that this whole season pass trend is getting out of hand? Just seen the Gears of War 4 season pass in the store for 50 quid and according to the description there is even no single player content.

It completely useless for multiplayer as well. Unless you want to play private matches, you will get the maps for free.

Also, the micro transactions on a full price game are also ridiculous. Won't be paying for any of that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,187 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

tkd93 wrote: »
    wes wrote: »
    It completely useless for multiplayer as well. Unless you want to play private matches, you will get the maps for free.

Also, the micro transactions on a full price game are also ridiculous. Won't be paying for any of that crap.

It is up to people to stop buying these, but people want everything in an instant now and not work like the older days to unlock thing, as long as the gaming companies are making money off these they will continue to sell them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement