Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It is up to people to stop buying these, but people want everything in an instant now and not work like the older days to unlock thing, as long as the gaming companies are making money off these they will continue to sell them.

I don't have a problem with them as long as they don't affect the gameplay, and the rate at which you earn the in game currency to buy them isn't too outrageous.

Halo 5 struck the best balance of this recently, all maps, modes etc were free and were paid for by revenue generated from the req packs. 1 game would generally net you enough currency for a low level pack, 2-3 games for a silver pack.

I played about 160 hours before I had exhausted the items available from those packs, and I never once felt like I was at a disadvantage to someone who had paid real world money for stuff. If anything, I was driven to play one or two more games each time, and call it a night when I had enough for a pack earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Having trouble with my controller , it won't connect to my Xbox it just keeps flashing, it will always work after a bit of messing around but it's getting annoying

It will work if wired to Xbox , it's been happening since new and in fact it's a controller I returned because the same was happening to the old one

It's a white official controller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Having trouble with my controller , it won't connect to my Xbox it just keeps flashing, it will always work after a bit of messing around but it's getting annoying

It will work if wired to Xbox , it's been happening since new and in fact it's a controller I returned because the same was happening to the old one

I had the same issue with 2 of my controllers this evening. Its most likely something to do with a recent dashboard update and not anything hardware related.

I dunno it's been happening now for a while between the 2 of them, if I try to press the 2 buttons to connect it just starts flashing faster

I dunno it's been happening now for a while between the 2 of them, if I try to press the 2 buttons to connect it just starts flashing faster
    When you press both buttons for syncing they are meant to flash faster during the sync itself.

• Advertisement

When you press both buttons for syncing they are meant to flash faster during the sync itself.

Fair enough but they still don't connect, the only way I can connect now is if I wire it and just leave it sit there for a while

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Make sure that you update the firmware on the controllers too, there's definitely an update in the preview program, and I think (I don't know for sure) there's at least one out in release.

Fair enough but they still don't connect, the only way I can connect now is if I wire it and just leave it sit there for a while
    In my case I powered the console off and then back on and I could then connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Those white controllers suck. This is a common issue. Cold boot will fix it until a firmware fix is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Those white controllers suck. This is a common issue. Cold boot will fix it until a firmware fix is released.

The new Bluetooth ones? Why do they suck?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The new Bluetooth ones? Why do they suck?

They drop connection frequently and can't be synced without rebooting the console.

They drop connection frequently and can't be synced without rebooting the console.

Ah didn't know that. Only used mine for 10 minutes as I always use the Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has holiday buying been stopped in Russia?

Won't let me redeem cards.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Has holiday buying been stopped in Russia?

Won't let me redeem cards.

what error message are you getting?

are you trying to redeem from your console?

what error message are you getting?

are you trying to redeem from your console?

On laptop. Being redirected from Xbox store to the Microsoft site and getting a message saying 'this code is only valid for the RUB. It can be transferred to other people in this part of the world.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I was having a problem with it a few weeks ago and thought it was over but I was able to use it last week and get Battlefield 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

On laptop. Being redirected from Xbox store to the Microsoft site and getting a message saying 'this code is only valid for the RUB. It can be transferred to other people in this part of the world.'

Change the website region on your laptop to Russia, thats what I did and used Chrome for the Auto translation

Change the website region on your laptop to Russia, thats what I did and used Chrome for the Auto translation

Tried it. Not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Last few times I've redeemed foreign codes I just went straight to https://account.microsoft.com/ and bottom left there is 'Redeem a code or gift card', try that?

Got it, tried to buy the game with not enough in my account and it allowed me to add the cards there.

• Advertisement

Got it, tried to buy the game with not enough in my account and it allowed me to add the cards there.

When you change region on the bottom left of the new Microsoft Store you only change the language not the actual store region.

had that lately as well, if you redeem it from the console you'll be fine.

Cheers lads. All helpful info for future reference.

The Orange box is now BC.

• The Orange box is now BC.

Oh **** Yesssssssss

• TF2 is still alive and kicking on x360 to boot

• Just put he orange box disk in the X1 S

No joy :/

The Orange box is now BC.

I may be tempted to buy a 360 game for the first time ever because of this.

Anyone know are there many in the servers?

• Advertisement

I have 3 beta codes for the new Call of duty if anyone is interested. It was due to go live tomorrow but it's actually live to play now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement