Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »
    I could, but I don't have one. I don't want to buy another one without testing to make sure that this is one is on the way out, so I'm just transferring the games I've played most recently.

I've moved over what I can, but I can't move over games that required an update, as they need to update first. Of course, I can't update them, which is why I wanted to move them in the first place.

Catch 22.

What a fecking pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I've moved over what I can, but I can't move over games that required an update, as they need to update first. Of course, I can't update them, which is why I wanted to move them in the first place.

Catch 22.

What a fecking pain.

Have you tried going offline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bah, my 2TB external drive is acting up. Apparently I have to move what I can back onto the internal and then reformat.
    Reformat it on your PC first to totally wipe it and then attach it to Xbox and format it.

It will just take a minute to do this.

Attach the drive to the PC (it wont show up yet on the PC)

Search for "Disk management" in the Windows search bar. Its here you'll see the unrecognised external drive. Click on the drive and partition it and its done.

Then disconnect and move the drive to your Xbox hook it in and it will ask you to format it.

*Edit: Since you reformat it on the PC run a test on drive for errors before switching it over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have you tried going offline?

I could have, but I just cracked on. I have good enough broadband that it's not the end of the world.

So far, it looks okay, am currently downloading Dead Rising 3, and it's gotten past the first 5 MB, which is where it was stopping earlier. I won't know for sure until I get to around 1TB filled before I can say whether the drive is fecked or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I won't know for sure until I get to around 1TB filled before I can say whether the drive is fecked or not.

Is this the Seagate from Argos or something else?

• Advertisement

JoyPad wrote: »
    Is this the Seagate from Argos or something else?

Seagate, but from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Is it possible to buy a copy of Destiny vanilla digitally? I'm guessing not but worth asking.

I have all the Dlc currently and wouldn't mind if it was all soft copy at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Have a look on cdkeys or the xbox store, i dont see why they wouldnt sell it without the DLC

Have a look on cdkeys or the xbox store, i dont see why they wouldnt sell it without the DLC

Cheers Max, surprisingly more difficult than you would imagine, especially if you dont want to buy all the DLC again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is an upgrade option that a few people i know used, but it only made financial sense if you hadn't bought Rise of Iron yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There is an upgrade option that a few people i know used, but it only made financial sense if you hadn't bought Rise of Iron yet.

This is the one Mickroo is on about. Myself and a few of the others bought it. It includes the base game, TDB, HOW, TTK and ROI.

Rise of Iron is €30 on its own so works out at €10 for the rest.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    This is the one Mickroo is on about. Myself and a few of the others bought it. It includes the base game, TDB, HOW, TTK and ROI.

Rise of Iron is €30 on its own so works out at €10 for the rest.

Cheers lads

Thanks to tescos wonderful credit sale I had a shed load of it so had bought ROI preorder when it came out, I already had TTK on DISK and only the base game was disk I think.

Now I am darn lazy and dont want to have the disk to access the base game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

The borderlands handsome collection seems to be free atm. I've got it downloaded right now, they'll most likely take it away but could get free 10 credit like last time

It doesn't seem to be available on the Xbox btw just on the website (you might also have to go to the US , mine was automatically on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rorok wrote: »
    The borderlands handsome collection seems to be free atm. I've got it downloaded right now, they'll most likely take it away but could get free 10 credit like last time

It doesn't seem to be available on the Xbox btw just on the website (you might also have to go to the US , mine was automatically on it).

Is that not there for a free play weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

That's what some people are saying but it is Thursday, might as well try it though

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Everyone's a Gold Member this weekend with a free Borderlands Collection unlock until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Will Xbox One and Scorpio have the UWP games that are in the Microsoft Store? Such as the ones that have Xbox achievements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Anyone on here have a Groove music subscription? I'm thinking of getting this but the lack of a family plan is putting me off. I see you can use it on up to 4 devices, does the xbox allow you to sign into Groove or does it automatically use the xbox profile? Meaning if subscription is with my account, then other accounts on xbox can't use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yeah I have got it and it works good enough.

Basically I have it attached to my main Microsoft account so it signs in automatically when on my xbone and my xbox 360. I have it on my phone and my wife's and one of my young fellows phones. They all signed in using my Microsoft account but its a once only registration so they don't have to do sign in all the time. Groove is ok, although I am find that some songs now you have to pay for them but I think that's for a lot of these subscription music services where certain artists do not allow the streaming but its not a lot.

It does have a few good selling points in that you get 150GB of storage on OneDrive so I have nearly all my family pics on there also if you have a pile of your own music at home either in CDs or mp3s you can upload them to OneDrive as well and it will play them as well off OneDrive.

I think its worth giving it a months or twos trial especially if you listen to music at lot. Oh it lets you down load songs so you can listen to them off line

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah I have got it and it works good enough.

Basically I have it attached to my main Microsoft account so it signs in automatically when on my xbone and my xbox 360. I have it on my phone and my wife's and one of my young fellows phones. They all signed in using my Microsoft account but its a once only registration so they don't have to do sign in all the time. Groove is ok, although I am find that some songs now you have to pay for them but I think that's for a lot of these subscription music services where certain artists do not allow the streaming but its not a lot.

It does have a few good selling points in that you get 150GB of storage on OneDrive so I have nearly all my family pics on there also if you have a pile of your own music at home either in CDs or mp3s you can upload them to OneDrive as well and it will play them as well off OneDrive.

I think its worth giving it a months or twos trial especially if you listen to music at lot. Oh it lets you down load songs so you can listen to them off line

If you can hold off until Christmas time, the Microsoft store in America does a twelve days of Christmas sale, and one of the last days usually involves 50% off an annual subscription. It stacks as well, I bought a few years in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

If you can hold off until Christmas time, the Microsoft store in America does a twelve days of Christmas sale, and one of the last days usually involves 50% off an annual subscription. It stacks as well, I bought a few years in one go.

Funny I bought a 3 month from CDkeys yesterday and it said you can no longer stack subs? :confused:

nicklauski wrote: »
    Funny I bought a 3 month from CDkeys yesterday and it said you can no longer stack subs? :confused:

In fairness, it's been two or three years since I did it! Maybe it's changed since, but I have to admit, I'd be sceptical.

EDIT: Had a quick look around, apparently if you have a card on your account, then you can't stack them? I've not had the problem, but it seems others have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can't stack groove subs. Not been able to that for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Didn't want to start a new thread but am I right in thinking Modern Warfare remastered only comes with the deluxe edition of the new COD?

nicklauski wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread but am I right in thinking Modern Warfare remastered only comes with the deluxe edition of the new COD?

Yep with the legacy and deluxe editions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

If you are willing to wait for a big discount on a game would you still be better off buying from a foreign market place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Have just switched over my broadband (modem etc) and I notice my Xbox cant remember the new WIFI password.

A quick google notes that it can only store one password, meaning I have to reenter it everytime to go online.

Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Afraid not.

Has been a requested feature for ages on Uservoice, but at the minute you can only store details for one wifi network

Can't you just tell it to forget the network ? I assume you are not switching back to the old one any time soon, so it should remember the new one from there. Or I think if you run the network set up it will delete any existing wifi connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Can't you just tell it to forget the network ? I assume you are not switching back to the old one any time soon, so it should remember the new one from there. Or I think if you run the network set up it will delete any existing wifi connections.

I was hoping there would be something to that effect alright in settings, but so far no luck.

Its an unbelievable that its a feature that is missing. My Mam's phone can do that even...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement