Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Corvo wrote: »
    I was hoping there would be something to that effect alright in settings, but so far no luck.

Its an unbelievable that its a feature that is missing. My Mam's phone can do that even...

Goto settings /network /setup wireless network(then press y to refresh, this will show you all wifi it picks up) /pick the new WiFi and type in new password, works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Corvo wrote: »
    Have just switched over my broadband (modem etc) and I notice my Xbox cant remember the new WIFI password.

A quick google notes that it can only store one password, meaning I have to reenter it everytime to go online.

Any way around this?

Unless you are changing networks each time you do not have to reenter your password each time, it will store the last network used.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What is the website that lets you view all all the digital prices? I will bookmark so I will have it for again. Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What is the website that lets you view all all the digital prices? I will bookmark so I will have it for again. Cheers guys.

I use http://www.xbox-now.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Anyone else getting spammed with clubs invites ? I'm getting random one's, like Xbox Mexico and all sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

trixiebust wrote: »
    Anyone else getting spammed with clubs invites ? I'm getting random one's, like Xbox Mexico and all sorts.

No, not yet anyway. Maybe you're just more internationally popular than I am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

trixiebust wrote:

They dont pop up notification for me or anything but yeah i do also have 10+ so random ones there right now.

Got my first random one there now, it had 2500 members? Looks like a great way to spam people with club messages once they join :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My motion sickness from FPS games is really bad now. I played Titanfall 2 for 20 mins earlier and had to turn it off. I was reading that travel sickness bands might help. Has anyone here that gets motion sickness tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    My motion sickness from FPS games is really bad now. I played Titanfall 2 for 20 mins earlier and had to turn it off. I was reading that travel sickness bands might help. Has anyone here that gets motion sickness tried them?

Wow it's not just me !!!!
    Started gears of war 4 the roadie run is making me nauseous !

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Haven't tried them but I also suffered from this before when playing certain maps on BLOPS 3. I think the wall running and boost jumping caused the motion sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone ever have a problem with the Xbox not downloading while in standby?

I'm also downloading Gears of War 4. I have a slow connection but the strange thing is. I left it downloading on xbox and it never downloaded. I left it downloading Thursday night all day Friday again Friday night got up this morning and turned on xbox and it had only downloaded 2 or 3%. I have it downloading all day today with the xbox left on and it is downloading. This is the first time I have had a problem with the Xbox not downloading while in standby.

Could also have just been my connection went bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm also downloading Gears of War 4. I have a slow connection but the strange thing is. I left it downloading on xbox and it never downloaded. I left it downloading Thursday night all day Friday again Friday night got up this morning and turned on xbox and it had only downloaded 2 or 3%. I have it downloading all day today with the xbox left on and it is downloading. This is the first time I have had a problem with the Xbox not downloading while in standby.

Haven't noticed anything myself, but a lot of issues can be resolved with a hard reset. Turn off the Xbox and unplug it for a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If I buy a game and it starts downloading, then put the Xbox on standby, it'll stop Downloading after a few minutes. Not only that, I'll have to restart my router to get it going again. Happens every time. If I leave the Xbox on, it works grand. Only happens in standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I feel like I'm massively late to the party but finally upgraded to a One from a 360- holy crap!

Got gold and EA Access too.

I enjoy having a job, finally. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi all, have any of you added a second external USB 3 drive to your Xbox One?

I have two identical Seagate 2tb drives, one connected and was going to add the second one to the Xbone but it is not detecting it?

I was going to try one of these. Anyone tried one?

https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-Drive-Enclosure-Front-Ports/dp/B00T76ZGDO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

amadablam wrote: »

I have two identical Seagate 2tb drives, one connected and was going to add the second one to the Xbone but it is not detecting it?

https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-Drive-Enclosure-Front-Ports/dp/B00T76ZGDO

If you plan on upgrading to the Xbox One S or Scorpio I wouldn't bother purchasing the enclosure.

Tell us about your undetected drive. Does it work on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

amadablam wrote: »

I've 3 attached. No problems detecting them. Some drives do go bad though, try connecting it by itself to see if it's recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I've 3 attached. No problems detecting them. Some drives do go bad though, try connecting it by itself to see if it's recognised.

All sorted! Thanks!

I had formatted it in exfat to get files from the PS4 and the Xbone couldn't obviously see it. Reformatted to ntfs and it immediately saw it so all working now. I'm still tempted to buy that device though. Looks very tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

km79 wrote: »
    Wow it's not just me !!!!
    Started gears of war 4 the roadie run is making me nauseous !

We are not alone!!

I started getting it from Medal of Honour all those years ago, had it again when I was playing the Infinite Warfare Beta and another game a year ago that I cant remember.

• Advertisement

I ordered new laptop, less than 24 hours later, I throw a cup of coffee all over the old one.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »
    I ordered new laptop, less than 24 hours later, I throw a cup of coffee all over the old one.

:(

Man the insurance won't pay out now that you admitted doing it on purpose.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Man the insurance won't pay out now that you admitted doing it on purpose.

Insurance? Pfft. I like to live life on the edge... :rolleyes:

It's grand actually, it's survived worse and is still going. Typing on it right now actually. I lost the touchpad for a while, but it's back now. It's six or seven years old at this stage, so it owes me nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mass Effect 2 and 3 now backwards compatible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Awesome. I wonder will these be on EA Access?

maximoose wrote: »
    Awesome. I wonder will these be on EA Access?

Some people on Reddit are saying they're showing up free for anyone who's an EA Access subscriber. Not near my Xbox right now so I can't check.

Some people on Reddit are saying they're showing up free for anyone who's an EA Access subscriber. Not near my Xbox right now so I can't check.

Just checked. All 3 showing up in my ready to install list!

• Mass Effect 2 and 3 now backwards compatible :)

Big Phil just keeps on giving

MS on top IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I haven't played any of the Mass Effects, any use?

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    I haven't played any of the Mass Effects, any use?

Two and Three (despite the furore about the ending) are easily in the conversation when it comes to picking the best games of the last decade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement