Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Two and Three (despite the furore about the ending) are easily in the conversation when it comes to picking the best games of the last decade.

Could you swerve the first one then? Or is it integral to the overall story?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liamalone wrote: »
    Could you swerve the first one then? Or is it integral to the overall story?

Absolutely, watch a summary of the story on Youtube and you're good to go. For me, it hasn't really aged as well as the other two and the second one particularly introduced a lot of gameplay refinements.

The 1st mass effect was great and terrible, great in that it was a proper RPG with the gun stats etc , terrible because of those Mako sections.

Games 2 and 3 for me got dumbed down in terms of RPG elements and made more action rpg to sell it to masses but the story was a cluster f**k , I was with them through mass effect 2 though, it was a great game but Mass Effect 3 basically assumes you're an idiot and can't recall the events of mass effect 2, there were issues there if I recall with one of the main writers leaving ? Still technically a great game, many complain about the ending but I have issue with the entire plot of Mass Effect 3 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CatInABox wrote: »
    Insurance? Pfft. I like to live life on the edge... :rolleyes:

It's grand actually, it's survived worse and is still going. Typing on it right now actually. I lost the touchpad for a while, but it's back now. It's six or seven years old at this stage, so it owes me nothing.

i can guarantee the new one wont last as long

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The 1st mass effect was great and terrible, great in that it was a proper RPG with the gun stats etc , terrible because of those Mako sections.

Games 2 and 3 for me got dumbed down in terms of RPG elements and made more action rpg to sell it to masses but the story was a cluster f**k , I was with them through mass effect 2 though, it was a great game but Mass Effect 3 basically assumes you're an idiot and can't recall the events of mass effect 2, there were issues there if I recall with one of the main writers leaving ? Still technically a great game, many complain about the ending but I have issue with the entire plot of Mass Effect 3 :mad:

Two was the highlight for me, played through it many times. In fact, if they released a remaster, I'd clear my schedule to go through it again.

There was many problems with the third one, but I thought that the cardinal sin was that there was no connection with the characters at all. This was sorted with the DLC, so I was happy enough the second time I played through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was very late to the part getting to part 3, and had all of the extra ending content added it, I found it to be a great end to the trilogy overall,

either way, for anyone who's on the fence about playing them, I'd highly recommend it. a fantastic trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Mass Effect 2 and 3 now backwards compatible :)
    And are available as part of EA Access.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So I ordered a surface book the other day, and got the Xbox One S as part of the package, a good deal if you're looking for a new good laptop.

It arrived today! Came in three boxes, with a fourth to still arrive? I was very confused by this, but maybe they sell the top part of the Surface seperate to the base?

HIF53j2l.jpg

Microsoft have nailed the art of the unboxing, it feels premium from start to finished.

Hang on, what's this?

5xUZRpal.jpg

Yes, a second surface book. LOL Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Are you serious? :pac:

You know that game giveaway thread we created..... :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Are you serious? :pac:

You know that game giveaway thread we created..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, presumably with a second Xbox to come as well, at least if the info on the delivery sheets is correct.

Nice as it is to dream, I'll probably just end up sending it back. Pretty sure that legally speaking, they can (and probably will) come after me for payment, which would really suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Haaaaaahh!!

That's mad. You've got somebody's Christmas sorted then.

*you're right though good chance they'll come looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Quick, delete the pictures and your post, everyone else, ignore everything he said, change the subject.......so.....Skorpio is out next year yeah? >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I think I remember seeing that Microsoft gives away an Xbox One S for people who buy a Surface.

It just so happens that my laptop has been giving me problems, I think I need a new one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got an open beta code for steep if any 1 wants it not around the weekend to use it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I was very late to the part getting to part 3, and had all of the extra ending content added it, I found it to be a great end to the trilogy overall,

either way, for anyone who's on the fence about playing them, I'd highly recommend it. a fantastic trilogy.

A very hearty mention for the Multiplayer in ME3, which was some of the finest i have ever played, so much fun, and tense but not sweaty. It's a rare treat, and definitely worth taking a peep at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Skate 3 is coming to BC!

Now, if only we could buy it on Irish store. Although probably be on EA Access?

Edit: actually I just went and checked, we can buy it now! On sale for €9.99

maximoose wrote: »
    Skate 3 is coming to BC!

Did you actually try ? Got a Sorry please try again later error, which to be fair isn't the same not available in your region one I've had in the past

One of the DLC is gone free, I was able to buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I haven't tried yet, have a heap of credit to use up and was tempted to buy but gonna hold off and see if it comes with Access first.

Picked up the San Van Party Pack too yeah that worked fine

maximoose wrote: »
    Skate 3 is coming to BC!

Finally! cant wait to see what all the fuss is about!, hopefully it'll show up on access, that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Still not able to buy skate 3.

2 years of trying but it will surely be on EA access now.

Finally will be able to finish the career mode

The Xbox holiday update is now rolling out to everyone! It's got the number one requested feature, EMOJIS!!! :rolleyes:

It's actually got some great stuff, like rare achievements, looking for group and clubs.

Speaking of clubs, we've got our own xbox boards club, called "Boards Xbox Group". Yeah, it's a terrible name, I don't even know who came up with it, it's so bad :o

Search for it, and then apply for an invite. Myself, Mickeroo, Misky, or Enfilade will ok the invite then

Speaking of Mass Effect, they are taking applications for the Beta, I started applying, it was so damn long, when it got to the part where they asked me to describe my favourite game that I choose and how it could be made better, among other questions, I just gave up! I dont want to be doing home work!

Looks like original xbox games are coming down the line, as this was spotted and posted on neogaf

QMBLiiz.jpg

Looks like original xbox games are coming down the line, as this was spotted and posted on neogaf

QMBLiizl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tinie wrote: »

QMBLiiz.jpg

I would love to play Crimson skies again :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I would love to play Crimson skies again :)

You mean download more games and not play any of them? :D yeah, me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

If KOTOR appears i'm done. Just done.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Quiet you :pac:

• Advertisement

• CatInABox wrote: »
    The Xbox holiday update is now rolling out to everyone! It's got the number one requested feature, EMOJIS!!! :rolleyes:

It's actually got some great stuff, like rare achievements, looking for group and clubs.

Speaking of clubs, we've got our own xbox boards club, called "Boards Xbox Group". Yeah, it's a terrible name, I don't even know who came up with it, it's so bad :o

Search for it, and then apply for an invite. Myself, Mickeroo, Misky, or Enfilade will ok the invite then
    Out of interest does this official update allow you to use the background music app like in the preview program?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement