Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah it's an FTA receiver. Pretty much turns your xbox into a saorview box. As long as you have one of them new adapters from the link and an aerial to plug into it. Away you go :D
    Cool, will it work with the BBC's etc as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Cool, will it work with the BBC's etc as well?

Can you pick up BBC's with an aerial where you live? (Answer is probably no)

Unless you're living near the border then the answer will be no. Saorview is RTÉ One, RTÉ Two HD, TV3, TG4, RTÉ News Now, 3e, RTÉjr, RTÉ One+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Can you pick up BBC's with an aerial where you live? (Answer is probably no)

Unless you're living near the border then the answer will be no. Saorview is RTÉ One, RTÉ Two HD, TV3, TG4, RTÉ News Now, 3e, RTÉjr, RTÉ One+1

I am less excite now :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Xbox Digital TV Tuner to be available in August
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/xbox-one-digital-tv-tuner

As someone with no TV connection in the room where I play games and at a price point of €30 this will be a definite pick up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Will this work like a FTA or Freesat receiver then? If so I reckon it's a definite purchase.

It's just DVB-T, DVB-T2 (for aerials - Saorview and Freeview / Freeview HD) and DVB-C (digital cable - more than likely unencrypted, so not a replacement for UPC box).

It would be grand for me, but already have a DVR in the HDMI in slot (getting BBCs and RTÉ on aerial), no need for now.

It doesn't handle DVB-S, so unfortunately won't be good as Sattelite receiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Picked up Forza 5 today if anyone wants a couple of races. GT is shuffles07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

@IGNUK: UK Xbox One owners, the BBC has announced iPlayer should hit your consoles before the end of the year: http://t.co/iWN4QCbxds

Should work for uk registered gamers

@IGNUK: UK Xbox One owners, the BBC has announced iPlayer should hit your consoles before the end of the year: http://t.co/iWN4QCbxds

Should work for uk registered gamers

Will probably need a VPN like it did on 360. 4oD app is grand to use without one.

Does anyone use Xbox Video or Xbox Music? Thoughts? I currently have my Xbox setup as UK to get voice commands to work. If I wanted to setup either Video or Music I'd have to switch back to Ireland. Do voice commands work for Ireland yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Does anyone use Xbox Video or Xbox Music? Thoughts? I currently have my Xbox setup as UK to get voice commands to work. If I wanted to setup either Video or Music I'd have to switch back to Ireland. Do voice commands work for Ireland yet?

Xbox Video is generally considered to be the worst of all the digital video stores, as the terms and conditions that Microsoft uses are ridiculous.

Xbox Music on the other hand, is something I use. I bought a years subscription for $50 dollars during the twelve days of Christmas sale, and it's totally adequate. Has most songs that I want, works over here, so you might not need to change region.

The only problem I've found with it? It doesn't have the same social sharing aspect as Spotify. I wouldn't share anything myself, but some of my friends have amazing playlists that I can't access.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    I bought a years subscription for $50 dollars during the twelve days of Christmas sale

After having a quick glance online, I've only come across a monthly sub. Is it possible to buy a year outright?

After having a quick glance online, I've only come across a monthly sub. Is it possible to buy a year outright?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/12-Month-Xbox-Music-Pass/productID.258412400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Voice commands work in Ireland now. Settings/System/Language & Location/Spoken Language/English

Changed my settings back to Ireland and signed up to the 30 day free trial for Xbox Music. Having a few problems tbh. Not sure if it's me or the service.

I had a quick scan around some of the artists using the search function but not all of them seem to be playable. When I searched for Coldplay's new album, only 4 songs appeared with it, not the whole album and the songs weren't playable. I could only preview 30 seconds of them. Likewise, I came across the same problem with Hozier. Only one song was available from the album. I was able to play the whole song however. It's a bit odd. I'm definitely signed up to the service as other albums and artists were fully playable and I could create playlists for my iPhone.

Any ideas? Also, is it just me or is the search function really messed up? When searching for Coldplay, the results spawned multiple versions of each album. The album art was literally duplicated again and again beside each other. Each artwork contained different songs from the same album. You would think that there would only be one album cover with every song contained inside-not multiples. It reminded me a lot of iTunes in the past where the 'info' for each song was slightly different and iTunes would think think they were all separate and give each song it's own artwork.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Changed my settings back to Ireland and signed up to the 30 day free trial for Xbox Music. Having a few problems tbh. Not sure if it's me or the service.

I had a quick scan around some of the artists using the search function but not all of them seem to be playable. When I searched for Coldplay's new album, only 4 songs appeared with it, not the whole album and the songs weren't playable. I could only preview 30 seconds of them. Likewise, I came across the same problem with Hozier. Only one song was available from the album. I was able to play the whole song however. It's a bit odd. I'm definitely signed up to the service as other albums and artists were fully playable and I could create playlists for my iPhone.

Any ideas? Also, is it just me or is the search function really messed up? When searching for Coldplay, the results spawned multiple versions of each album. The album art was literally duplicated again and again beside each other. Each artwork contained different songs from the same album. You would think that there would only be one album cover with every song contained inside-not multiples. It reminded me a lot of iTunes in the past where the 'info' for each song was slightly different and iTunes would think think they were all separate and give each song it's own artwork.

Am I missing something?

Wonder if it's caused by a cache of the songs on your other region or if they don't have the same rights for songs in Ireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Furp wrote: »
    Wonder if it's caused by a cache of the songs on your other region or if they don't have the same rights for songs in Ireland

It's all down to the rights. Microsoft haven't secured the rights to stream some artists/songs, and so either they aren't there at all, or the labels only allow 30 seconds of streaming. Usually with newer albums, they have a sign up saying that the artist hasn't made this available for download. Once sales of it die down, all the songs usually become available.

I'd prefer if it just flat out told you that this song was unavailable rather than a 30 second bait and switch, but on the whole, I find that it has most of the songs/artists I want.

Gamescom updates:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to be an Xbox One exclusive?!?

Must have cost a pretty penny.

Also 1TB COD Xbox pack.

Quantum Break looks fantastic

And ... Goat Simulator!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fifa and Sunset Overdrive (White Console) bundles coming too for 399.99, presumably they're 500GB consoles considering the difference in price with the CoD one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

TrueAchievements are making their own app for Xbox One!!!! Just from a stats and tracking point of view, they are vastly superior to anything MS have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When will the Sunset Overdrive Bundle be available? Are we getting it in the EU yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Myrddin wrote: »
    When will the Sunset Overdrive Bundle be available? Are we getting it in the EU yeah?

Bundles are nearly always the same day as the games release.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Its up for preorder 31st of October http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-White-Console-Sunset-Overdrive/dp/B00I9WV4OW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1407868021&sr=8-7&keywords=sunset+overdrive+xbox+one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

D_BEAR wrote: »

Cheers for that, shouldn't it be priced at £349 though? (maybe it's just a temp placeholder price?)

Cheers for that, shouldn't it be priced at £349 though? (maybe it's just a temp placeholder price?)

£400 now?

The Golf Club game out 19th of August, only $34.99. Might get this for the craic :)

https://twitter.com/thegolfclubgame/status/499270971933872129

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The Golf Club game out 19th of August, only $34.99. Might get this for the craic :)

https://twitter.com/thegolfclubgame/status/499270971933872129

Release your inner Rory:cool:

Might get this as well, getting a bit tired of Powerstar Golf, also I think EA's offering is next year if i'm not mistaken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Im wondering does anyone have a solution to a problem i've been having regarding the my upload speed.

When ever i check my connection on both the phone and laptop.Im getting in around 24mb down and around 6mb up but when i go to check Detailed network statistics on the console im getting the same download speed but the upload speed is always around .56mb

I've been only having this problem within the last month as my twitch stream was always at he highest quality before this.Anyone else have or heard of the same issue?

So, as someone on Reddit highlighted Microsoft have really been focusing on features that are popular with the public. In fact, a lot of the top requests on Xbox Feedback are already on the way (most demands already fulfilled :))

Lets see if we can use the system to get some thing we've wanted for a long time.

Bring back 1 v 100 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

So, as someone on Reddit highlighted Microsoft have really been focusing on features that are popular with the public. In fact, a lot of the top requests on Xbox Feedback are already on the way (most demands already fulfilled :))

Lets see if we can use the system to get some thing we've wanted for a long time.

Bring back 1 v 100 :D

That's already one of the suggestions on the feedback site :D

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    That's already one of the suggestions on the feedback site :D
    Exactly - that was the link I shared (just trying to encourage others to add their weight behind the one with the most votes on Xbox Feedback - here's the directly link: http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/6028556-bring-back-1-vs-100 ... 3,500 votes and counting :))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement