Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Jesus man did you have to spam every thread in the Xbox Forum?

Do you have anything to do with this site?

Just report the post and move on, the mods will kick it upstairs, then the user is permabanned, and all the posts disappear.

Apart from the ones that get quoted, and as I don't want to give spammers an inch, I've edited yours to take out his post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

rogerhil wrote: »
    Spam Removed!

Jesus man did you have to spam every thread in the Xbox Forum?

Do you have anything to do with this site?
    I'm pretty sure he posted it in everyone besides the one used for swapping games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rorok wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he posted it in everyone besides the one used for swapping games

No, he got that one too, a few threads on the PS forum, a few games threads in the main gaming forum as well. In fact, he got one of the threads twice. Total facepalm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I only just noticed that you can now spend CeX vouchers online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote:
    I only just noticed that you can now spend CeX vouchers online

You can also email customer support to get them to convert it to Sterling voucher to use on their UK site (via parcelmotel). Most stuff is a lot cheaper from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

maximoose wrote: »
    I only just noticed that you can now spend CeX vouchers online :)

It is handy alright. I got a few things including a set of headphones off them online about 2 years ago. I actually bought them with store credit.

ANyone else get that dead rising 4 email last night ? :D

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/800854780578918402

Context : The subject field of the email was "NNNNGGGHHHAAAA"

I saw it last night in my inbox and chuckled to myself, knowing it was totally unintended but knew there would be the usual uproar in some places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

When they say "To do better next time" do they plan on a better slur? lol

Does anyone have a link to the list that was posted a few months back of the most requested BC games?

Does anyone have a link to the list that was posted a few months back of the most requested BC games?

Found it now that I'm home from work.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility?filter=top&page=1

So stupid that the likes of GTA V, Halo 3 and 4 etc have so many votes when they've already been released again on XB1 so no chance of them making them BC. I know Skyrim and cod 4 only got a remaster so not surprised by all the votes for them but GTA and Halo MCC are out awhile.

• Advertisement

Pure is now BC

Really liked that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Odd question, looking to get digital games for my godchild from Santa is there any way I can get buy the game and him not see it on his console?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Odd question, looking to get digital games for my godchild from Santa is there any way I can get buy the game and him not see it on his console?

Buy a digital download code from CD Keys or Microsoft Store and write the code on a card and give him that?

Is cd keys trust worthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Is cd keys trust worthy?

Absolutely been using them for years

They don't have the game I' m looking for how would I get a code off Microsoft.

They don't have the game I' m looking for how would I get a code off Microsoft.

What game are you looking for?

CoD Infinite Warfare and Dying light

CoD Infinite Warfare and Dying light

I haven't seen either of those as digital codes yet.

Seen it on Asian play not sure if its legit, can't get a Microsoft code as it would link to my gamer tag

• Advertisement

Seen it on Asian play not sure if its legit, can't get a Microsoft code as it would link to my gamer tag

Do you mean PlayAsia? Why would it link to your GT?

Yes play Asia, I have to sign in with my ms account for some reason to buy the game for him.

Yes play Asia, I have to sign in with my ms account for some reason to buy the game for him.

That seems odd. Can you not create an account with an email and get the code emailed to you?

That seems odd. Can you not create an account with an email and get the code emailed to you?

Will try this if I can't get a code any where. Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

He's talking about buying it off Ms in that post I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's actually ridiculous that you can't buy digital games for other people. Many's the time I would have picked up something for the cousin that I know he'd like but there's no option to do so.

You'd imagine it'd be relatively simple to generate a code tied to any game of your choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's actually ridiculous that you can't buy digital games for other people....
    Awhhh, I just thought you were being a miserable bastard... so thats why you cant buy :D

Myself and Canto got Titanballs 2.

I was on chat to Microsoft if I bought it the game would link to my account and they cant give me a code for the game. Iv'e no problem paying full price for the game on the store but I'd rather have a code so it's looks as Santa left it for him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's actually ridiculous that you can't buy digital games for other people. Many's the time I would have picked up something for the cousin that I know he'd like but there's no option to do so.

You'd imagine it'd be relatively simple to generate a code tied to any game of your choosing.

They need a gifting system like steam has. Should have been in it from the get go really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They need a gifting system like steam has. Should have been in it from the get go really.

I'd say the problem is we'd all be sending "gifts" to our cousins in Singapore and Russia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement