Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

qrx wrote: »
    I'd say the problem is we'd all be sending "gifts" to our cousins in Singapore and Russia.

It wouldn't really effect that kind of thing imo, you'd still have to buy the game from the store and it would give you the option to buy as a gift. People are buying from foreign regions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have 8000 xbox live points when my nephew tried to redeem an 800 points card on his one s it gave a not the right region error, the cards were bought in tesco and his region is set to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have 8000 xbox live points when my nephew tried to redeem an 800 points card on his one s it gave a not the right region error, the cards were bought in tesco and his region is set to Ireland.

take em back to tesco. you could try setting your console to UK (as thats where the cards may have come from) but I dont know if you'd end up with points stuck in the wrong store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

take em back to tesco. you could try setting your console to UK (as thats where the cards may have come from) but I dont know if you'd end up with points stuck in the wrong store.

They were on sale in the clearence a couple of months back so no chance of returning them, I got loads and they worked for the other people I gave them too, nephew is a dumb kid so think the error is on his part, I dont have the error code he got to hand here and now otherwise I'd ask on the microsoft troubleshooting site, thanks for the reply.

They were on sale in the clearence a couple of months back so no chance of returning them, I got loads and they worked for the other people I gave them too, nephew is a dumb kid so think the error is on his part, I dont have the error code he got to hand here and now otherwise I'd ask on the microsoft troubleshooting site, thanks for the reply.

:pac:

try redeeming them on your own console, you can always cancel the transaction halfway through, but it'll verify whether or not the cards are valid anyway.

• Advertisement

I got those too back in the tesco clearance, same error. Worked when I redeemed them on a 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I went to buy Doom there, and got a nice surprise. I'd gotten £30 worth of Xbox Live Rewards. Doom and Inside for free! Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

CatInABox wrote: »
    I went to buy Doom there, and got a nice surprise. I'd gotten £30 worth of Xbox Live Rewards. Doom and Inside for free! Nice!

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How the hell did you rack up that much? :pac:

It's an awful system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

What are Xbox live rewards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What are Xbox live rewards?

It's an award system that gives you back credit for buying and playing a game in a certain timeframe after launch and unlocking a certain amount of achievements, or at least I think that's what it is.

Like putting an award system for people who buy the most Herion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Xbox Live Rewards is a way for Microsoft to "give back" to their customers. Of course, they give back the minimum amount possible, in the most awkward way possible.

Pretty sure I got the £30 for a Laptop and Xbox One S that I got from the Microsoft store, so it's a drop in the ocean compared to what they got from me.

Xbox Live Rewards is a way for Microsoft to "give back" to their customers. Of course, they give back the minimum amount possible, in the most awkward way possible.

Pretty sure I got the £30 for a Laptop and Xbox One S that I got from the Microsoft store, so it's a drop in the ocean compared to what they got from me.

What happened with the second Surface and S after?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I get 10% back as credit on all my game purchases, thats not bad.

How though? I never seem to get anything back?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How though? I never seem to get anything back?

You need to sign up to enable it and you go up in tiers as you purchase. 1 star = 1%, doubled to 2% if you are gold and all the way up to 10% for a gold 5 star member. Not sure how much you need to spend to get to tier 5 - some months i would spend 500+ euro on games though.

You need to sign up to enable it and you go up in tiers as you purchase. 1 star = 1%, doubled to 2% if you are gold and all the way up to 10% for a gold 5 star member. Not sure how much you need to spend to get to tier 5 - some months i would spend 500+ euro on games though.

Ah I registered years ago but I'll have a look at my account again later and see what tier I'm on.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah I registered years ago but I'll have a look at my account again later and see what tier I'm on.

I could be wrong but i think they changed the system a while back and you needed to sign up again.

Yeah, I get a measly 2% back. Must up my gamer score!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I could be wrong but i think they changed the system a while back and you needed to sign up again.
    Yeah, they reset the tiers back in September 2015. It was a dark time.

I'm not 100% but I'm sure you don't get any rewards for games you buy from other regions.
    I suppose you can't have your cake / apple pie / singapore noodles / canadian bacon / white russian and eat it too.

I'm not 100% but I'm sure you don't get any rewards for games you buy from other regions.
    I suppose you can't have your cake / apple pie / singapore noodles / canadian bacon / white russian and eat it too.

Without doubt, that's the best reference to buying on foreign stores I've seen. Bravo good sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yeah, I get a measly 2% back. Must up my gamer score!

I am pretty sure my Irish account is in negative equity at this stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Bah, I hate those sort of things.

Bah, I hate those sort of things.

You hate getting things for free?:confused:

Had a few pounds of the Xbox Reward Credit left over, so got the Metro Redux bundle as well.

So, I started out on this sale thinking I'd get nothing, and ended up with:

Hitman: The Complete First Season
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    INSIDE
    Doom
    Metro: Redux bundle

That should keep me going for a while. Of course, I have to finish MGSV first. And then Dead Rising 3. And then.....

:(

Had a few pounds of the Xbox Reward Credit left over, so got the Metro Redux bundle as well.

So, I started out on this sale thinking I'd get nothing, and ended up with:

Hitman: The Complete First Season
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    INSIDE
    Doom
    Metro: Redux bundle

That should keep me going for a while. Of course, I have to finish MGSV first. And then Dead Rising 3. And then.....

:(

I was restrained enough,

got Hitman, Rainbox 6 and Doom.

still have 75 dollars in singapore credit, so my arm could be twisted if something appealing shows up during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You would be correct in that ... only purchases in your Xbox Rewards region count towards the pittance and origami birthday cake you get for shopping at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I was restrained enough,

got Hitman, Rainbox 6 and Doom.

still have 75 dollars in singapore credit, so my arm could be twisted if something appealing shows up during the week.

FFXV?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement