Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

FFXV?

not my cup of tea Im afraid. If i do buy anything else, I'll be aiming for short and sweet rather than a 70 hour single player effort. The Witcher 3 is currently occupying that spot in my library.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SodaAndSoap84

not my cup of tea Im afraid. If i do buy anything else, I'll be aiming for short and sweet rather than a 70 hour single player effort. The Witcher 3 is currently occupying that spot in my library.

If only I had your restraint; STILL haven't finished Witcher 3...so thought it a good idea to buy Skyrim and Fallout 4...

If only I had your restraint; STILL haven't finished Witcher 3...so thought it a good idea to buy Skyrim and Fallout 4...

lol, you clearly aren't familiar with my posting habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I would have been better off avoiding these threads for a few days - thanks to you guys talking about your bargains i ended up buying a rake a stuff i had no intention of picking up!

The backlog is real!

Also i plan to get Steep next week and the GF is picking me up Watch Dogs 2 for Christmas i think. She will be disappointed when she gets nothing in return because Xbox has all of my money :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I was on chat to Microsoft if I bought it the game would link to my account and they cant give me a code for the game. Iv'e no problem paying full price for the game on the store but I'd rather have a code so it's looks as Santa left it for him.

Sorry now if this has been suggested already, but could you not just buy him store credit and put them in a Christmas card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Sorry now if this has been suggested already, but could you not just buy him store credit and put them in a Christmas card?

Bad idea. He'll only blow it on booze and fags.

qrx wrote: »
    Bad idea. He'll only blow it on booze and fags.

He'll blow Xbox Store credit on booze and fags? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

He'll blow Xbox Store credit on booze and fags? :pac:

Booze & Fags GOTY :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fataleight

Has anyone sold games on adverts.ie ? Never used it before and was wondering is there any pitfalls to look out for. I have a brand-new unopened copy of Gears 4 and CEX is offering 25euro I would like to get a little bit more if I could.

fataleight wrote: »
    Has anyone sold games on adverts.ie ? Never used it before and was wondering is there any pitfalls to look out for. I have a brand-new unopened copy of Gears 4 and CEX is offering 25euro I would like to get a little bit more if I could.

Adverts is run by the same people who run Boards. I've sold/swapped games on it plenty of times before and it's always been hassle free.

If you're unsure of a buyer just check their feedback. And I've always made sure I received payment before I sent a game.

• Advertisement

Adverts is run by the same people who run Boards. I've sold/swapped games on it plenty of times before and it's always been hassle free.

If you're unsure of a buyer just check their feedback. And I've always made sure I received payment before I sent a game.

Thanks for that, will give it a go tomorrow so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd doubt you'd get more than €25 on Adverts seeing as you can buy it from Argos for €28.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd doubt you'd get more than €25 on Adverts seeing as you can buy it from Argos for €28.

I think your right, Cex maybe the easiest route. Do you need to have an account with Cex to trade in for cash ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think your right, Cex maybe the easiest route. Do you need to have an account with Cex to trade in for cash ?

Yep you need an account. Only takes 10 minutes to set one up, all the information is on the website, I think you need to bring ID with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My local Tesco is back selling Xbox One and PS4 games at extortionate prices 69.99 for Titanfall 2 and other new releases. Do they actually think someone is going to pay that much for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

My local Tesco is back selling Xbox One and PS4 games at extortionate prices 69.99 for Titanfall 2 and other new releases. Do they actually think someone is going to pay that much for a game.

well it was 75 in gamestop before black friday

Anyone having controller issues, the controllers may need an update. This can be done from the settings menu - devices and accessories.

I had an issue with my controllers lately where they'd unpair whenever I turned off the console. The update has fixed this.

Its a bit annoying, as you never see a popup telling you theres a controller update available (at least I haven't seen one)

• Anyone having controller issues, the controllers may need an update. This can be done from the settings menu - devices and accessories.

I had an issue with my controllers lately where they'd unpair whenever I turned off the console. The update has fixed this.

Its a bit annoying, as you never see a popup telling you theres a controller update available (at least I haven't seen one)

I had noted a recent issue where when I use the controller to power on my One S nothing would happen until I used the power button on the front of the console.
    Plugging it into the USB port addressed the problem but doesn't answer why the controller was unable to power up the console wirelessly

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I had noted a recent issue where when I use the controller to power on my One S nothing would happen until I used the power button on the front of the console.
    Plugging it into the USB port addressed the problem but doesn't answer why the controller was unable to power up the console wirelessly

yeah, I had that for a bit as well.

I also find it incredibly fiddly to pair a controller, it often takes 4-5 attempts before they sync up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nice.

TES: Oblivion, MOH Airborne, Trine 2 and Astropop are all coming to BC today.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/803644802415857664

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CatInABox wrote: »
    Nice.

TES: Oblivion, MOH Airborne, Trine 2 and Astropop are all coming to BC today.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/803644802415857664

Just came on to post this.

I'm so glad that I have my Oblivion on disk as well as all the DLC :D

Just downloading it all now, after playing Skyrim, it's going to brilliant over the Christmas :)

Between those two, Dishonored Definitive Edition and Fallout New Vegas, my backlog of Bethesda nostalgia is brimming :D

amadablam wrote: »
    Just came on to post this.

I'm so glad that I have my Oblivion on disk as well as all the DLC :D

Just downloading it all now, after playing Skyrim, it's going to brilliant over the Christmas :)

Between those two, Dishonored Definitive Edition and Fallout New Vegas, my backlog of nostalgia is brimming :D

In fairness Oblivion is a massive step down from Skyrim.

Maybe you're aware of what it looks and plays like but it hadnt aged well as of 4/5 years ago so is probably unplayable now for most.

Maybe you're the type that can play aged games regardless but I know I struggled to play it years ago as it was then.

anyone know whats the story with cex if you no longer have the tag they give?

i can login to my account online and see my member number will this be enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dunworth1 wrote:
    anyone know whats the story with cex if you no longer have the tag they give?

I get a new one pretty much every time I go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

They don't last pissing time on my set of keys... should really leave it in the wallet

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

grand do you bring id with you?

*on a side note 3 years ago today i got my first xb1 i'm on my 3rd one now :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So I want to gameshare with my brother. He lives in UK, and we both have each others gamertags on our consoles (mine and his GT on my console and also his console). I have way more games on my account than his, so want him to be able to use my games on his account and his xbox. Im just checking here to be sure, which console do we set as the home xbox for both accounts then, his or mine? Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Tinie wrote: »
    So I want to gameshare with my brother. He lives in UK, and we both have each others gamertags on our consoles (mine and his GT on my console and also his console). I have way more games on my account than his, so want him to be able to use my games on his account and his xbox. Im just checking here to be sure, which console do we set as the home xbox for both accounts then, his or mine? Thanks

you set yours as his home

he sets his as your home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

mossym wrote: »

Yup, you can then delete each other profile off. They do not even need to be signed in once set as home.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

mossym wrote: »

Thanks. And finally, who gets to use whose gold sub that way even if they're a silver member

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement