Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Tinie wrote: »
    Thanks. And finally, who gets to use whose gold sub that way even if they're a silver member

Both people will have the use of one persons gold. I.e you can both play the same multiplayer game online at the same time on your own profile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks. And finally, who gets to use whose gold sub that way even if they're a silver member

Well if you have gold and he sets his system as your home then no gold is needed for his account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Injustice: Gods Among us and Haunted House are going BC today.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/804369669780078592

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I posted here a bit back about my official White controller acting up. It just won't connect to my Xbox 80% of the time, it's starting the wreck my head. It's the 2nd white controller in the space of 2 months with the exact same problem

It's perfect when wired to Xbox but I don't have one long enough, if I turn on my Xbox and it won't connect I've to turn off Xbox and back on and keep doing that until it does work

Sometimes when it's connected and I go down stairs or whatever and the controller turns off , it'll turn back on and connect fine but nothing happens no button will work

I'm beginning to think the white controllers are just faulty or else could it be a problem with my console ?

Oh and will Argos replace it a 2nd time does anyone know ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I posted here a bit back about my official White controller acting up. It just won't connect to my Xbox 80% of the time, it's starting the wreck my head. It's the 2nd white controller in the space of 2 months with the exact same problem

It's perfect when wired to Xbox but I don't have one long enough, if I turn on my Xbox and it won't connect I've to turn off Xbox and back on and keep doing that until it does work

Sometimes when it's connected and I go down stairs or whatever and the controller turns off , it'll turn back on and connect fine but nothing happens no button will work

I'm beginning to think the white controllers are just faulty or else could it be a problem with my console ?

Have you checked to see if there is an update available for the controller?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Have you checked to see if there is an update available for the controller?

Yes says there's no update available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have the white one also. I noticed an issue when I connect something to the front USB port the controller frequently disconnects. (just the white one)

I have the white one also. I noticed an issue when I connect something to the front USB port the controller frequently disconnects. (just the white one)

Hmmm must be those controllers so, think il try to get it replaced with a black one

Hmmm must be those controllers so, think il try to get it replaced with a black one

Once you go black you dont go back :D

I actually like the white controller. Nice grip to it and it works as a wireless controller for my Steam link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Once you go black you dont go back :D

I actually like the white controller. Nice grip to it and it works as a wireless controller for my Steam link.

Mine keeps unpairing from my steam link. Like it keeps flashing like it's unpaired even though it says connected in settings. Wonder is it a dud also.

• Advertisement

Mine keeps unpairing from my steam link. Like it keeps flashing like it's unpaired even though it says connected in settings. Wonder is it a dud also.
    Could be. I haven't experienced that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Has it had it's firmware updated?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is it the newer controller from the one S? Only problem I had with mine was when I left it on pause for an hour and the controller turned off, turned on but didn't respond so I plugged it in and out and all worked again :)

Haha, apparently Parcel Motel are struggling to deal with a surge in customers due to the Brexit induced fall in sterling. I'd say a fair bit of that is people on here hitting great Xbox deals.

Irish times have it here, so it might be behind a paywall.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Haha, apparently Parcel Motel are struggling to deal with a surge in customers due to the Brexit induced fall in sterling. I'd say a fair bit of that is people on here hitting great Xbox deals.

Ha even boards.ie got a mention there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote:

Tell me about it, just took the feckers 4 days to get my parcel to my locker! Normally next day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Tell me about it, just took the feckers 4 days to get my parcel to my locker! Normally next day!!

Still waiting on mine after 3 days, usually next day too.

I think they are always crazy busy at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

On a recommendation from one of the lads, I picked up a 500gb solid state hard drive in the cyber Monday sales. Put it in an enclosure and have set it up with my day one Xbox one.

The results are eye opening.

I've tested it with two games I've personally found the load times to be a major drag, battlefield 1 and the witcher 3. I said I'd post up times for anyone who might be curious.

Witcher 3, from start screen to save game loaded
    Standard 1 minute 19 seconds
    Solid state 37 seconds

Battlefield 1, from server browser to squad join on the ballroom blitz map
    Standard 1 minute 58 Seconds
    Solid state 43.6 seconds.

I'm very very impressed.

Drive , enclosure and parcel motel came in at just under €110

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

On a recommendation from one of the lads, I picked up a 500gb solid state hard drive in the cyber Monday sales. Put it in an enclosure and have set it up with my day one Xbox one.

I've tested it with two games I've personally found the load times to be a major drag, battlefield 1 and the witcher 3. I said I'd post up times for anyone who might be curious.

Solid state 37 seconds

I'm very very impressed.

Which one did you get? Witcher 3 load times do my head in.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Solid state 37 seconds

I'm very very impressed.

So what you are saying is that you are using this internal SDD as an external and connecting through the USB 3.0 connection.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that you are using this internal SDD as an external and connecting through the USB 3.0 connection.

Yes.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

As Failsafe said, thats exactly the case. I believe Misky swapped out his factory HD for a bigger one, but I wouldnt be confident enough to go taking the xbox apart - specially in a house with 2 young kids who'd only be delighted to interfere :D

Right, I've accidentally just fat fingered the "Ignore" button on a boards club invite, if it was one of you lot, try again please, and I promise not to screw up this time! :rolleyes:

In other news, I just found out that you can indeed change the name of the club, so throw out a few suggestions there and I'll put up a new thread with a poll with the best ones. Just a reminder, it's currently "Boards Xbox Group".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

As Failsafe said, thats exactly the case. I believe Misky swapped out his factory HD for a bigger one, but I wouldnt be confident enough to go taking the xbox apart - specially in a house with 2 young kids who'd only be delighted to interfere :D

Cool I'm writing this on my letter to Santa tonight...

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

In other news, I just found out that you can indeed change the name of the club, so throw out a few suggestions there and I'll put up a new thread with a poll with the best ones. Just a reminder, it's currently "Boards Xbox Group".

Maybe just "Boards.ie" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Right, I've accidentally just fat fingered the "Ignore" button on a boards club invite, if it was one of you lot, try again please, and I promise not to screw up this time! :rolleyes:

That may have been me, I've just re requested an invite! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Maybe just "Boards.ie" ?

we need a super cool name :cool:

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    we need a super cool name :cool:

Shhhh, you just joined!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement