Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Shhhh, you just joined!

only because i forgot until Cat reminded me above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    only because i forgot until Cat reminded me above ;)

Ok, suggestions & don't say mention anything "Dunworth"!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We could call the group NDA - No Dunworth Allowed : confused:

"Dunworth and friends club" sounds good to me

This ain't Limerick citay kid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Maybe just "Boards.ie" ?

I tried that at the start, it doesn't like the full stop.

:D

dun_and_friends.jpg

• Dirty M!Ck^ and the Boyz

Well Geralt names all his horses , and I named all my Chocobos in Final Fantasy XV Roach so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jim0

Is anybody else having major difficulties getting the Xbox One and FIFA17 bundle, purchased from one of our major toy superstore chains, to work?

It might just be me, but between:
    - connection issues with EA
    - the Xbox being less and less reliable, and booting less and less often
    - Xbox finally giving up the ghost as I was trying to do a factory reset with a USB key (sh1t, that looks ridiculous once I see it written down)
    - sending the Xbox away to wherever UPS takes dud Xbox Ones
    - getting it back wiped and then not being able to reinstal FIFA17 because the initial code is reported as "already having been redeemed"

this is looking more and more like a waste of my son's communion money, and my life.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

jim0 wrote: »
    Is anybody else having major difficulties getting the Xbox One and FIFA17 bundle, purchased from one of our major toy superstore chains, to work?

- Xbox finally giving up the ghost as I was trying to do a factory reset with a USB key (sh1t, that looks ridiculous once I see it written down)
    - getting it back wiped and then not being able to reinstal FIFA17 because the initial code is reported as "already having been redeemed"

this is looking more and more like a waste of my son's communion money, and my life.

cheers

The code is locked to the account it was redeemed on. Go to your ready to install section, under your games.

Nope, never a single problem with either my day 1 xbox or my One S.

Regarding the fifa code, it is already redeemed like you said so you can throw that bit away. You can redownload the game by signing into the account you originally redeemed the code on, go to my games and apps and go to ready to install. Fifa shoukd show up there.

cheers

The Fifa code is linked to the Gamertag it was redeemed on. Log the Gamertag in and you can redownload the game.

What Xbox One do you have?

Thanks all. Actually, that seems to be working. It didn't help that the Virgin Media blackout happened mid-download last night and (as my rant was meant to indicate) I haven't had enough uninterrupted time with the console to actually learn how to use it.

It's an Xbox One S. Good to hear (so far) satisfied customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus that was a quick turnaround.

Jesus that was a quick turnaround.

We like to be efficient 'round here.

By "working", I meant my latest attempt at downloading FIFA17 appears to have commenced. I still don't expect to be knocking in goals this side of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

After returning a broken elite controller I decided to get something different and picked up the GOW controller. Very nice even if it's just aesthetics.

20161207_183224_zpsdzu4iwa7_edit_1481148240214_zpsoqahitg8.jpg

amadablam wrote: »
    After returning a broken elite controller I decided to get something different and picked up the GOW controller. Very nice even if it's just aesthetics.

Have you seen the Elite version of that?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Have you seen the Elite version of that?

No.......... Now don't torment me with temptations :o

I felt a bit let down by the elite after six weeks and breaking. Never had a controller die like that, might have been bad luck

• Advertisement

No.......... Now don't torment me with temptations :o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Are those scratches by the buttons just artwork? Cause there's a very convincing look of depth to them.

Nice.

Are those scratches by the buttons just artwork? Cause there's a very convincing look of depth to them.

Nice.

They are molded into it and look nice. Great controller for 56 euro. I'm half tempted to keep it in its box as it looks so nice. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Trying to get into Sleeping dogs and can't. I don't like the hand to hand combat. I actually enjoyed it in the Batman series. Maybe I'm just not good at it.

Next Xbox One/FIFA17 issue: As EA sees it, I am the "gamer" who bought FIFA17. I am also the head of a Microsoft Family setup.

Is there a way of setting up FIFA17 so that a family member, other than me, can login without me logging in also?

Cheers!

Next Xbox One/FIFA17 issue: As EA sees it, I am the "gamer" who bought FIFA17. I am also the head of a Microsoft Family setup.

Is there a way of setting up FIFA17 so that a family member, other than me, can login without me logging in also?

Cheers!

Set the console as your primary console (home console) then log the other account in on the Xbox and they should be able to play straight away.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Set the console as your primary console (home console) then log the other account in on the Xbox and they should be able to play straight away.
    Cool, seems to have worked. Thanks a million.

Resident Evil demo up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Finally edited all Premier League kits to look almost identical to the real thing in Pro Evo. Took a while! I was gonna get it on PS4 for the option files (I really wish xbox would do the same) but the xbox one controller is just so much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Trying to get into Sleeping dogs and can't. I don't like the hand to hand combat. I actually enjoyed it in the Batman series. Maybe I'm just not good at it.

Give the karaoke a go and don't forget to have a pork bun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement