Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

FFS I really have to stop buying stuff until I am ready to play it got DR4 in argos on launch and haven't put the disc in yet :(

Yeah, when I bought an Xbox One, I changed from buying games on release to buying them on sale in a few months time. I've still got a huge backlog, but it's cost me ~50% less than what it would have.

Of course, you do miss out on that initial rush of people playing a game, for instance, I still haven't gotten around to buying Titanfall 2, and it looks like by the time I do get around to it, the multiplayer will be pretty dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, when I bought an Xbox One, I changed from buying games on release to buying them on sale in a few months time. I've still got a huge backlog, but it's cost me ~50% less than what it would have.

Of course, you do miss out on that initial rush of people playing a game, for instance, I still haven't gotten around to buying Titanfall 2, and it looks like by the time I do get around to it, the multiplayer will be pretty dead.

plenty playing at the moment, if anything it seems to be slowly growing, It'll get another kick up the arse soon with the xmas noobs, and it may show up on a christmas sale as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'd be holding off buying it until the xmas/new year sales as I would expect it to drop to around 20/30

its already down to 40 in GameStop its just not selling at all

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    i'd be holding off buying it until the xmas/new year sales as I would expect it to drop to around 20/30

its already down to 40 in GameStop its just not selling at all

Sales are up by near 50% at the End of November
    Can't hold a great game down

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sales are up by near 50% at the End of November
    Can't hold a great game down

helped by the massive discounts no doubt

Sony sent out emails giving people a code for 43% off titianfall 2 mid-November thats a huge discount for a game only released at the end of October

I've no doubt tf2 is a decent game but it'll plummet in price again
    i'll be holding off until it does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

dunworth1 wrote: »
    helped by the massive discounts no doubt

Sony sent out emails giving people a code for 43% off titianfall 2 mid-November thats a huge discount for a game only released at the end of October

I've no doubt tf2 is a decent game but it'll plummet in price again
    i'll be holding off until it does

There's no reason to suggest it'll be plummeting in price. It is possible to hold off too long and miss out. I've done this on a few games now. There's always the new year sales I suppose but I'd say that'll be last chance saloon.

• Alot of those sales were due to the free weekend i'd say.
    Alot of people in my friends list purchased this after the free weekend when they realised how good the game was

Tbh with the way games are priced at they've minute between Smyths and Argos there's little reason to wait.

I got The Witcher GOTY in Smyths two months ago for e30.
    Rainbow Six is e20 there now.
    Batman RTA in Argos for e30.
    Doom is something like e20.
    I saw Dishonored 2 and Skyrim in Smyths for e40ish.

The prices have plummeted lately between those two stores.
    I have four disc versions at the min when I'd mostly have had none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Is the absolute ban on discussing game sharing still in place? I have a simple question about a legitimate game sharing set up with 2 Xbox's in my own house between myself and my son that I'd like to ask but assume I can't.

Jayop wrote: »
    Is the absolute ban on discussing game sharing still in place? I have a simple question about a legitimate game sharing set up with 2 Xbox's in my own house between myself and my son that I'd like to ask but assume I can't.

From microsofts official help page, its a bit vague, but might be of some help to you.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

• Advertisement

Cheers dude! Appreciate it.

I'll have to unbox the console on the next few days and get it all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What's with Xbox getting gypped on The Walking Dead S3?

Out tomorrow, pre order available with bonuses for PC and PS4 but it's not even on the Xbox store. Would much rather get it on Xbox but free Michonne on PS4 is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    What's with Xbox getting gypped on The Walking Dead S3?

Out tomorrow, pre order available with bonuses for PC and PS4 but it's not even on the Xbox store. Would much rather get it on Xbox but free Michonne on PS4 is tempting.

Might get listed later today.

Sorry another question that I hope I'm not breaking the rules here with. I was gifted a big amazon voucher in sterling and wanted to buy some xbox credit with it, but I can't see any euro xbox vouchers on there. Can I use the sterling ones easily or would I be caught with location restrictions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's one of those topics that Microsoft has never really clarified with us or anyone else, so it's still a bit up in the air. However, from all their literature, it's designed for "family sharing", so ask away.

It's when people start asking to share accounts and stuff like that alarms bells start ringing.

It's one of those topics that Microsoft has never really clarified with us or anyone else, so it's still a bit up in the air. However, from all their literature, it's designed for "family sharing", so ask away.

It's when people start asking to share accounts and stuff like that alarms bells start ringing.

Someone was kind enough to PM me and help with what I needed.

1) Basically it was a question of whether needed 2 Xbox live accounts (we don't)

and

2) Could he play his games offline (he can)

delighted.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I buy this xbox credit can it be used in Ireland because i can't see any euro credit for sale on amazon and it would reall help my cash flow if I could use up some of the credit I have on my amazon account.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N3P3JKV/ref=sr_ob_23?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1482166986&sr=1-23&th=1

Sorry another question that I hope I'm not breaking the rules here with. I was gifted a big amazon voucher in sterling and wanted to buy some xbox credit with it, but I can't see any euro xbox vouchers on there. Can I use the sterling ones easily or would I be caught with location restrictions?

Games are region free, but UK credit will need to be spend on the UK store, which would require a UK address.

Games are region free, but UK credit will need to be spend on the UK store, which would require a UK address.

Yeah I know I'm getting very close to the wind now so I'll say no more after saying I am from the north so the UK address is no problem.

I think I'll take a gamble on the credit and try to work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Home console sharing between friends is totally fine as far as MS are concerned.

• Advertisement

qrx wrote: »
    There's no reason to suggest it'll be plummeting in price. It is possible to hold off too long and miss out. I've done this on a few games now. There's always the new year sales I suppose but I'd say that'll be last chance saloon.

was in Smyths yesterday and Titanfall 2 was down to €35 that's half price
    same with cod which was down to €40

• Registered Users Posts: 26 D.24

Hi, questions 1, I looking to download games for my sons Xbox 1 overnight so I'll have all games download in the morning do I select the instant on method? I've selected inactivity (sleep mode) to 1 hour. Question 2 Can I change settings via my smartphone by logging into my account? Thanks in advance

D.24 wrote: »
    Hi, questions 1, I looking to download games for my sons Xbox 1 overnight so I'll have all games download in the morning do I select the instant on method? I've selected inactivity (sleep mode) to 1 hour. Question 2 Can I change settings via my smartphone by logging into my account? Thanks in advance

Set it to instant on, start the download, then just touch the power button to put to to sleep and it should download away.

I'm not sure what you mean by the smartphone question? There's an app called smart glass that let's you control various aspects of the console, but I'm not sure how deep the access to the system settings goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Set it to instant on, start the download, then just touch the power button to put to to sleep and it should download away.

I'm not sure what you mean by the smartphone question? There's an app called smart glass that let's you control various aspects of the console, but I'm not sure how deep the access to the system settings goes

For instant on i think you need to check the box to keep the storage on for downloads and game installation.

For instant on i think you need to check the box to keep the storage on for downloads and game installation.

Only if you're using an external hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Only if you're using an external hard drive.

Is it? I found mine wouldnt auto update but did once i switched that on. Ive no external hard drive

• Xbox live down for anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Xbox live down for anyone?

Fine for me, virgin BB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

For anyone with people over for Christmas, big reccomendation for the Jack box series. Serious fun!

• Advertisement

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/game-crest-2016

cool link to generate a coat of arms based off your achievements, games played etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement