Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone install an app called 'activate your free game'? From the store.

I installed it but couldn't find it on the apps section of my Xbone.

Is it for a particular game? I was in a clicking frenzy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I am a new owner of an Xbox One S :D. I have a 360 that I hadn't really played much over the last couple of years but have wanted an Xbox One S for a while and my girlfriend got me one for Christmas. I'm trying my best not to play it until Christmas day! Any tips or anything I should know? Any game recommendations? I know there are thousands of reviews out there, but just thought I'd ask here! I'd be more into sports game, but wouldn't mind trying some FPS that can be dipped in and out of rather than needing to spend 2 hours a time at them!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

BDJW wrote: »
    I am a new owner of an Xbox One S :D. I have a 360 that I hadn't really played much over the last couple of years but have wanted an Xbox One S for a while and my girlfriend got me one for Christmas. I'm trying my best not to play it until Christmas day! Any tips or anything I should know? Any game recommendations? I know there are thousands of reviews out there, but just thought I'd ask here! I'd be more into sports game, but wouldn't mind trying some FPS that can be dipped in and out of rather than needing to spend 2 hours a time at them!

If sports games are your thing get yourself and EA Access subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Pick up Rocket League, it's cheap and a lot of fun with lots of replay value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm not a sports fan but recommend rocket league as well. I know lads that have bought that and literally played nothing else for the rest of the year afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'm not a sports fan but recommend rocket league as well. I know lads that have bought that and literally played nothing else for the rest of the year afterwards
    Best fun I've had playing any game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is well worth picking up for €7.19 on cd keys

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,121 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I really wish you could add games to a "Wishlish" I always find games that interest me but then forget about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I really wish you could add games to a "Wishlish" I always find games that interest me but then forget about them.

If you click on the game and then go to Game Hub you can Follow the game.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    If you click on the game and then go to Game Hub you can Follow the game.

Ah I know that. I'm thinking more along the line of your Basket on Amazon.

• Advertisement

Saw a thread on reddit earlier, usually I roll my eyes at most of the stuff on there but regards the store they are right it's a joke. MS really need to up their game even regards their own web site. On steam website you even have a community hub section with guides for games and achievements etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection is well worth picking up for €7.19 on cd keys

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

I did just that and also used the 10% off code someone posted above (cheers!) to knock a few more cents off the price. Also picked up Halo 5 in CEX for €12.

/Edit: Anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox Live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I did just that and also used the 10% off code someone posted above (cheers!) to knock a few more cents off the price. Also picked up Halo 5 in CEX for €12.

/Edit: Anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox Live?

No problem here signing in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

BadCharlie wrote: »
    No problem here signing in

Cheers, tried again and it's fine now. Hopefully that crowd that brought Steam down yesterday stay away from Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hi guys i just bought an online subsription from cdkeys for xbox live. What number do i enter into my xbox?? Is it the sku??
    A letter/followed by 13 numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hi guys i just bought an online subsription from cdkeys for xbox live. What number do i enter into my xbox?? Is it the sku??

No they email you the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

nope the code should look like this

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

with both numbers and letters

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Happy Christmas to all you glorious bastards!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Indeed, Merry Christmas lads and ladies of the Xbox forum, hope ye all got what you wanted!

Now, Irish Coffee time!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Happy christmas folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Santa brought one last night,an impatient young lad is now happily playing Minecraft story mode after all the messing about with updates and setting up an account.... If only Santa had done what Mrs Claus said and done it in advance.

zerks wrote: »
    Santa brought one last night,an impatient young lad is now happily playing Minecraft story mode after all the messing about with updates and setting up an account.... If only Santa had done what Mrs Claus said and done it in advance.

Stupid Santa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stupid Santa :pac:

Santa said I can play Battlefield 1 this evening.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Happy Christmas Fellow Xbox Gamers hope Santa was good to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zerks wrote: »

Same here...Frustrating... What is story mode on Minecraft?

Santa was kind enough to leave FIFA 17 there as a surprise for Dad.....If I can get near the console at all.

Downloaded and played COD IW yesterday - no problems. Today when I start the game it is stuck on the load screen and then gives an error saying it has taken too long to start.
    Tried restarting, all other games are fine. Any suggestions what the problem might be?
    Tried a power cycle, hard reset and clearing reserved space. Still won't start.

Downloaded and played COD IW yesterday - no problems. Today when I start the game it is stuck on the load screen and then gives an error saying it has taken too long to start.
    Tried restarting, all other games are fine. Any suggestions what the problem might be?
    Tried a power cycle, hard reset and clearing reserved space. Still won't start.

Is Xbox Live down?

Is Xbox Live down?

No, Xbox live is up.

• Advertisement

No, Xbox live is up.

Can you post a picture of the exact screen he gets when the game fails?

Are any other games working?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement