Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you post a picture of the exact screen he gets when the game fails?

Are any other games working?

All other games work fine including COD MW. When loading COD IW, the initial picture is displayed for about 1 minute, then it disappears and a box appears saying the game has taken too long to start. Will post a pic in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

All other games work fine including COD MW. When loading COD IW, the initial picture is displayed for about 1 minute, then it disappears and a box appears saying the game has taken too long to start. Will post a pic in a while.

I've never had that happen but maybe deleting and redownloaling the game might be the best option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I've never had that happen but maybe deleting and redownloaling the game might be the best option?
    Is your nat type open or strict?

Is your nat type open or strict?

Had moderate for ages when I got the One first but since I started using Homeplugs I've had an open NAT.

Yeah, that's the last resort. 70gb download again :( The download from a couple of days ago must have got corrupted somehow. Can't find similar issue after Google Search, though similar problems with other games have been solved by a hard reset but that hasn't worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any other Xmas problem got my first disk game from my sister yesterday put it in this morning and nothing. Just doesn't seem that the xbox is reading the game

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any other Xmas problem got my first disk game from my sister yesterday put it in this morning and nothing. Just doesn't seem that the xbox is reading the game

Are you sure it's not installing? You should see a little box on the homepage to the right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Had moderate for ages when I got the One first but since I started using Homeplugs I've had an open NAT.

Maybe reboot all network devices including router and power line plugs

Maybe reboot all network devices including router and power line plugs

I don't have any problems with my set up. I was helping another poster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Does anyone know if there's a way to record your mic in game DVR?
    I see there's a setting in the Xbox app for Windows 10, but haven't found anything for the One....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Can't sign into xbox live since 7, I've done a full modem reset twice and no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

tripperman wrote: »
    Can't sign into xbox live since 7, I've done a full modem reset twice and no joy

Mine's grand. Did you try the aul' full shutdown on the xbox?

What are people's thoughts on Firewatch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

What are people's thoughts on Firewatch?

I'm going to grab it myself Emmet. It's very well spoken of and apparently not overly long, which suits me as the backlog is big enough.

I'm going to grab it myself Emmet. It's very well spoken of and apparently not overly long, which suits me as the backlog is big enough.

That's what I was thinking. Play through it with herself.

Firewatch has a lot of charm, herself and nearly me were in tears making the choices to set up the story in the beginning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Firewatch has a lot of charm, herself and nearly me were in tears making the choices to set up the story in the beginning :(

You mean you and nearly herself were in tears :) It's meant to be great, think I'll nab it.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    You mean you and nearly herself were in tears :) It's meant to be great, think I'll nab it.

It's a lovely world they created despite the misery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a lovely world they created despite the misery.

picked it up there before the sales expire, along with superhot, looking forward to introducing some misery to Christmas. most wonderful time of year me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

hi,

This is annoying me, I have xbox one account with two family members attached to my MS account (my two kids). They have their own profiles etc but for some reason they cant access multiplayer on Star Wars Battlefront on their own profile they can play local only, its saying that they are not allowed even thought I have their settings as adult unrestricted etc. and are allowed to access multiplayer etc.

Do they have to set up their own EA account and attached that with their xbox profile, I have the same issue with ubisoft I think R6 Seige and The division. They are using my profile atm

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    hi,

This is annoying me, I have xbox one account with two family members attached to my MS account (my two kids). They have their own profiles etc but for some reason they cant access multiplayer on Star Wars Battlefront on their own profile they can play local only, its saying that they are not allowed even thought I have their settings as adult unrestricted etc. and are allowed to access multiplayer etc.

Do they have to set up their own EA account and attached that with their xbox profile, I have the same issue with ubisoft I think R6 Seige and The division. They are using my profile atm

Assuming you have xbox live gold on your account then go into settings and make the console your home xbox, then they'll be able to play online no problem.

yeah I have a gold account and the xbone is set as my home xbox still saying that he is not allowed to access online features

I have an xbox 360 also in the house do I need to do something with this

yeah I have a gold account and the xbone is set as my home xbox still saying that he is not allowed to access online features

I have an xbox 360 also in the house do I need to do something with this

Are you sure you have allowed the child accounts have full access to online services?

Are you sure you have allowed the child accounts have full access to online services?

Yeah they are all set to adult no restrictions etc, the only thing I have blocked is their real name (but I have that done for myself anyway)

Yeah they are all set to adult no restrictions etc, the only thing I have blocked is their real name (but I have that done for myself anyway)

That's a strange one. Have you any age restrictions in place on what games they can play?

Yeah game and media content is set at unrestricted so 18+ there must be something I missed but I dont know what:confused: .They are binge watching Dr. Who atm on netfilx so I wont disturb them for now. This has being going on for as long as I can remember and they just used my profile didn't bother me too much. But a bit of spare time now so want to get to the bottom of it.

Yeah game and media content is set at unrestricted so 18+ there must be something I missed but I dont know what:confused: .They are binge watching Dr. Who atm on netfilx so I wont disturb them for now. This has being going on for as long as I can remember and they just used my profile didn't bother me too much. But a bit of spare time now so want to get to the bottom of it.

That is a strange one. Maybe someone else might be able to think of something else to try.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EA games don't respect the age settings on the Xbox, which, as you have discovered, is incredibly frustrating.

There's a workaround, that involves a load of steps, which I have shamelessly stolen from reddit:
    • Create an EA account on the website with a fake DOB so the child is 14+
    • Validate the account via email
    • Run a game like Battlefront and now I'm getting a "you're not permitted to play online" rather than the whole please login crap. I don't know if this was needed, so I'm leaving it here for reference.
    • Download and install the PC/Mac Origin client
    • Use the Xbox friend finder to link your gamertag to the origin account.

CatInABox wrote: »
    EA games don't respect the age settings on the Xbox, which, as you have discovered, is incredibly frustrating.

There's a workaround, that involves a load of steps, which I have shamelessly stolen from reddit:

Jaysus...what a mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone know anywhere selling the dusk shadow (blue gradient) controller?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement