Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere selling the dusk shadow (blue gradient) controller?

Argos but no stock on the ones I checked.

Argos but no stock on the ones I checked.

seems to be actually sold out pretty much everywhere

smyths website is saying no stock along with amazon and its not listed on the microsoft store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

CatInABox wrote: »
    EA games don't respect the age settings on the Xbox, which, as you have discovered, is incredibly frustrating.

There's a workaround, that involves a load of steps, which I have shamelessly stolen from reddit:

Yeah, it'll be this most likely, seen it before with other EA games and kid accounts. EA and origin in particular are a steaming pile of ****. Cause nothing but trouble and their tech support is the worst I have ever dealt with.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

My gameshare buddy got infinite warfare and I can play mW remastered but not iw, any ideas how to sort it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My gameshare buddy got infinite warfare and I can play mW remastered but not iw, any ideas how to sort it?

What shows on screen when you launch Infinite Warfare?

What shows on screen when you launch Infinite Warfare?

It won't let me download it, I just have mw installed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It won't let me download it, I just have mw installed
    Can you see it in your ready to install list?

When you select it what does it say?

Can you see it in your ready to install list?

When you select it what does it say?

It was in the install list, I had the trial from a few weeks ago but I still had to download it again. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Just got rocket league, last man to the party, some craic tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes, when I load a disc into the Xbox one, there is horrible noise out of it and the game is not loading now, question is, is it dead for playing discs on now? I have a new Xbox in the house so replacing it is no problem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Lads not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes, when I load a disc into the Xbox one, there is horrible noise out of it and the game is not loading now, question is, is it dead for playing discs on now? I have a new Xbox in the house so replacing it is no problem

Sounds like it's dead, but we probably can't tell for sure without more info. Check the disk you were using, making sure there's no scratches on it. If there's scratches, then check another disk in the drive, but make sure it's a disk you don't care about, as the noise could be the sound of the drive itself scratching the disk.

If you do need to replace the drive, it's pretty easy, so long as you take your time. There's a good guide here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sounds like it's dead, but we probably can't tell for sure without more info. Check the disk you were using, making sure there's no scratches on it. If there's scratches, then check another disk in the drive, but make sure it's a disk you don't care about, as the noise could be the sound of the drive itself scratching the disk.

If you do need to replace the drive, it's pretty easy, so long as you take your time. There's a good guide here.

Thanks a million, disc is fine, played last night and has no scratches, noise started about 2 months ago now, it got better, was grand until yesterday evening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks a million, disc is fine, played last night and has no scratches, noise started about 2 months ago now, it got better, was grand until yesterday evening

Check another disk in there, and also do a hard reset. Almost certainly won't help, but worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

The lucky man I am I got not one but two elite controllers for x-mas from different people.
    Question is do i keep both or sell one? is there a benefit to having two!

gmg678 wrote: »
    The lucky man I am I got not one but two elite controllers for x-mas from different people.
    Question is do i keep both or sell one? is there a benefit to having two!

Well, you could be super extravagant and keep a spare for whenever a friend comes over....

Right lads, happy new year to all my fellow xboxers!

2016 has, in my opinion, been excessively sh1t, but one thing that's always been fun is the Xbox forum, and you guys are the reason, so thanks for a great year!

Right lads, happy new year to all my fellow xboxers!

2016 has, in my opinion, been excessively sh1t, but one thing that's always been fun is the Xbox forum, and you guys are the reason, so thanks for a great year!

Happy new year to you cat and everyone else thanks for being the mod the xbox forum needs.

Here's to another great year of gaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Happy New Year lads, It has actually been very enjoyable on the Xbox forum this year, so a big thanks to all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Happy new year guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Best forum thingy on here! Happy New Year amigos:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Back in work, which means it's really time to buckle down and get to work talking about videogames.

Other than an abundance of Elite controllers what were the fun gifts from Christmas?

I got Watchdogs 2 and have been very pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is. Bright and colourful, great voice acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got Watchdogs 2 and have been very pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is. Bright and colourful, great voice acting.

I got it with that glitch that appeared over Christmas, played a couple of hours before it was revoked but they sold me - bought it when it went back on sale.

Haven't done much other than dick around in the open world but I love it so far, antagonizing NPCs is too much fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I wonder would 4g data off my phone be enough to play online through hotspot does anyone know

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I wonder would 4g data off my phone be enough to play online through hotspot does anyone know

It would. It will be patchy though. Make sure you check your mobile phone provider's policy on tethering first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It would. It will be patchy though. Make sure you check your mobile phone provider's policy on tethering first though.

Cheers

If you've got Forza Horizon 3, don't download the latest update, or if it's too late (check your "my games and apps" update list) and you've already gotten the update, don't play it. Microsoft has pushed out a debug build, and it's corrupting saves.

See more here on Eurogamer

If you've got Forza Horizon 3, don't download the latest update, or if it's too late (check your "my games and apps" update list) and you've already gotten the update, don't play it. Microsoft has pushed out a debug build, and it's corrupting saves.

See more here on Eurogamer

Oh crap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

In the article it says just the PC version is affected.

• Advertisement

In the article it says just the PC version is affected.

CRISIS AVERTED

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement