Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In the article it says just the PC version is affected.

Ha, that's what I get for only half reading an article.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭GBX

CatInABox wrote: »

Xbox mod ?? Pfft ... off with is head! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

CatInABox wrote: »

And here I was about to switch the Xbox on to delete and reinstall the game. Silly Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just about to send off my Xbox One S as the fan noise has got to a stage of being absolutely unbearable at this point. Stupid question I know, but is it just a case of printing a label you get from MS, pack the box, attach the label and give the courier a shout? The agent I was chatting to never even offered an advanced replacement which I would have taken if presented with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Do I remember someone on here saying that the xbox one shouldn't be plugged into an extension yoke ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Do I remember someone on here saying that the xbox one shouldn't be plugged into an extension yoke ?

Yes, you tend to get a weird buzzing sound when its plugged into an extension

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Sorry whats this? Like the power cable shouldn't be plugged into an extension cord? Where would you hear the buzzing noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Have had my console plugged into an extension lead since Day one 2013 and haven't had any problems.( touch wood)

I've been using an extension for a few months now. But I'm having problems with my controller not connecting to the console, it's hardly due to using the extension ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sorry whats this? Like the power cable shouldn't be plugged into an extension cord? Where would you hear the buzzing noise?

AFAIK, that only applied to the first gen of xbox ones, not the S model, and it was if you were using a surge protector, as opposed to an extension lead.

Also, it was the fan on the power brick that made the noise, not the console.

• Advertisement

I've been using an extension for a few months now. But I'm having problems with my controller not connecting to the console, it's hardly due to using the extension ?

update your controller. or do a hard reset.

that being said, my controllers seem to unpair at random intervals, regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

It can make a buzzing if the extension lead has a bunch more devices on it.

Xbox S right? Known issue, check for a controller firmware update. That fixes most of the problems with it syncing but not all. New update out in the next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Sorry guys, meant on the previous Gen, not the current S
    I used to have mine connected to an extension that also had plugs for TV, Sky Box and Laptop and I could always hear a humming/buzzing type noise until I plugged it into the main socket on the wall by itself.
    I have gotten the S since then but I never tried it on an extension

Sorry guys, meant on the previous Gen, not the current S
    I used to have mine connected to an extension that also had plugs for TV, Sky Box and Laptop and I could always hear a humming/buzzing type noise until I plugged it into the main socket on the wall by itself.
    I have gotten the S since then but I never tried it on an extension

Note If the PSU is making excessive noise, you might have a power board or surge protector that is overloaded. Plug your PSU directly into a wall socket and see if the problem persists.

^^ or you can unplug/turn off some stuff that's on the extension as well. Dunno if the S with its new more efficient supply would have the same issue but i assume it would, depending on what else is plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I'm having the same issue with my controller disconnecting even after reset and update,

There no update available I'm afraid , also I done a hard reset but still keeps happening

Xbox S right? Known issue, check for a controller firmware update. That fixes most of the problems with it syncing but not all. New update out in the next release.

No its just the original 500gb xbox. I've checked for an update but there's none available.

I could be there for 20mins some days trying to get it synced up

I've a feeling g it could be the controller tho because it happened to the last one I had also. Both were the white controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

No its just the original 500gb xbox. I've checked for an update but there's none available.

I could be there for 20mins some days trying to get it synced up

I've a feeling g it could be the controller tho because it happened to the last one I had also. Both were the white controllers

The Lunar one? I've had no issues with my one, odd.

Do you have a third controller you could test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

tripperman wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with my controller disconnecting even after reset and update,

This is normal behaviour for me. Same no matter what controller, even the elite. I think I have narrowed it down to switching Xbox on using the controller or even turning on the controller while box is booting.

But it is a random thing, so that all could just be coincidence.

Mine resync without any issues though.

• Advertisement

qrx wrote: »
    This is normal behaviour for me. Same no matter what controller, even the elite. I think I have narrowed it down to switching Xbox on using the controller or even turning on the controller while box is booting.

But it is a random thing, so that all could just be coincidence.

Mine resync without any issues though.

I always turn on my console with the controller, I'll know immediately if I'm going to have an issue if the console fails to turn on.

The only thing I considered is that I use energizer rechargeable batteries, but I'm pretty positive that these aren't the culprits, otherwise a hard reset wouldn't fix the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I always turn on my console with the controller, I'll know immediately if I'm going to have an issue if the console fails to turn on.

The only thing I considered is that I use energizer rechargeable batteries, but I'm pretty positive that these aren't the culprits, otherwise a hard reset wouldn't fix the problem.
    Sounds like we have similar but different issues. Console will turn on for me via controller but then controller becomes unresponsive and needs a resync. But not always, only sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭catfax

The not a hardware issue controller de-sync is some underlying bug in xbox as far as I can tell, MS have never said what exactly causes it but various updates to the os and controller firmware seem to fix it sometimes, like 2 footsteps forward one step back.

I have xbox one with xbox one s controller.

I've noticed the game Inside on current firmware causes de-sync like crazy but it doesn't happen at all for most other games but when it does the controller now recovers from it without having to pull the power pack (I'm using the official MS rechargeable battery). The curious thing was playing Inside streaming from Xbox to PC was fine no de-syncs.

So my shot in the dark guess is that various games were made with a specific version of the Xbox controller API and as MS update the software some older games don't work so well if they're not patched to the later versions and it causes de-syncs.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Can you still buy gift cards for the russian store ? cant find them anywhere , Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gizabeer wrote: »
    Can you still buy gift cards for the russian store ? cant find them anywhere , Thanks

You mean these?

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store?keywords=Xbox+live&SiteID=msru&Locale=ru_RU&Action=DisplayProductSearchResultsPage&result=

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Thanks !! Just read on HUKD

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/xbox-one-buying-from-other-regions-without-a-vpn-virtual-private-network-2452608

that you cant buy them direct anymore though , keep getting an error and its not really worth it with the mark ups cardcodes ect take , Bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is that for all regions? Say Singapore for example?

Are you meant to get notifications if someone adds you as a friend or invites you to a club ? There's people adding me and I don't even know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just got my 10 Year tenure badge on Xbox Live, whoop! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just got my 10 Year tenure badge on Xbox Live, whoop! :D

Comes complete with thousand yard stare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement