Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are you meant to get notifications if someone adds you as a friend or invites you to a club ? There's people adding me and I don't even know ?

I remember I used to get notifications on my 360, if I go in today I bet there's a few friend requests there I haven't seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I remember I used to get notifications on my 360, if I go in today I bet there's a few friend requests there I haven't seen

It's starting to annoy me now. You should get a notification if someone adds you, you'd think thatd be common sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

rottie 11 wrote: »

It's starting to annoy me now. You should get a notification if someone adds you, you'd think thatd be common sense

I get them they go into my social notifications in the side menu

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I get them they go into my social notifications in the side menu

We mean nothing pops up on our screen without having to go check them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I don't get any to my notification thing either ? I'd rather the old system where u have to accept a friend request , rather than this followers thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭geoffrie1

Yeah this notification things for friends is quiet annoying, it should pop up that you've added someone. I literally had to write to my friends on facebook to tell them i've added them because they never noticed.

It's also annoying in that anyone can add you without you knowing or consenting and follow you. There really should be an opt out for that and a mix between the old and new systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Scalebound looks like it has been canceled. I'm sure it will be a disappointment for a lot of people. Not for me fortunately as I wouldn't be hugely gone on them games.

Xbox really need to step up their work on exclusives thoygh. Sony are blowing them away in recent times. Hoping Scorpio is a success and gets Xbox back on top of their game again

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

Scalebound looks like it has been canceled. I'm sure it will be a disappointment for a lot of people. Not for me fortunately as I wouldn't be hugely gone on them games.

Xbox really need to step up their work on exclusives thoygh. Sony are blowing them away in recent times. Hoping Scorpio is a success and gets Xbox back on top of their game again

Scalebound is the only game I am not excited for. I think it's the dub step music or the main guy I didn't like him. It is a shame if true but I was never going to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't see many gamers on PS shelling out for Scorpio purely for graphics alone, I want to get one but I'm cautious about it as I already have a PC and PS4 Pro already...

I'm cautiously optimistic about it though, I hope they can wow me at E3 or whenever they decide to reveal the machine...

It will take more than Sea Of Thieves/Halo to make me want to pick one up though...

Everything else it seems can be gotten on PC, i.e Gears and Forza...

• Advertisement

Yeah I enviously eye up some of the PS 4 exclusives was almost going to buy the 1tb slim in gamestop over xmas that had the 3 games with it. The only thing stopping me was I stopped to think about the back catalogue i've amassed on xbox and forking out for ps plus for more back catalogue filler.

It's still on my mind that my partner would get use out of it, and the other wee lady is 3 now so thats old enough for a console right ???? /end bad parenting :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah I enviously eye up some of the PS 4 exclusives was almost going to buy the 1tb slim in gamestop over xmas that had the 3 games with it. The only thing stopping me was I stopped to think about the back catalogue i've amassed on xbox and forking out for ps plus for more back catalogue filler.

It's still on my mind that my partner would get use out of it, and the other wee lady is 3 now so thats old enough for a console right ???? /end bad parenting :D

That's a perfect age for a new console. Best get her the Pro though, so she grows into it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I wasn't particularly fussed about Scalebound but that's not good, exclusives looking even bleaker.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I didn't like the look of it but that's very surprising. Thought they were well on in development and had already seemed to sink a lot of money into marketing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

It's also annoying in that anyone can add you without you knowing or consenting and follow you. There really should be an opt out for that and a mix between the old and new systems.

You can see everyone who is following you. They can't put everything in a pop up notification that would be daft and extremely annoying. If you want to see your followers you have to go and check your followers, sorry but I don't see how it can get any simpler.

Allowing people to follow anyone I think is probably to include everyone in the social aspect. I.e those without friends. Also you can follow "famous" people (Major nelson, developers, reviewers etc)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it would be no harm for "follow" and "add friend" to be separate things entirely.

qrx wrote: »
    They can't put everything in a pop up notification that would be daft and extremely annoying

I wouldn't find it annoying, id find it helpful to know that a friend has added me. Rather than finding out 2 months later when I bother to check my notifications. Doesn't seem daft to me, more like common sense. At least have the option to be notified.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I didn't like the look of it but that's very surprising. Thought they were well on in development and had already seemed to sink a lot of money into marketing it.

4 years in development, with a fairly well known developer. Tens of millions sunk into development. Eurogamer said that all the senior staff had to take a month off, just because of the stress. It must have been in some state to cut their losses on it, perhaps threatening to turn into a Duke Nukem Forever saga.

Didn't look like my cup of tea, but I hope the developer survives this now.

I wouldn't find it annoying, id find it helpful to know that a friend has added me. Rather than finding out 2 months later when I bother to check my notifications. Doesn't seem daft to me, more like common sense. At least have the option to be notified.

Why don't people check their notifications? I go in almost everytime I turn my xbox on.

Actually, my wife is the worst, she never checks the notifications on her phone, so there's usually dozens when I check for her. Phone calls, text messages, all missed. Totally wrecks my OCD.

Hmm. Actually, I've probably just answered my own question there, people don't check their notification because they don't have my OCD :rolleyes:

I was mildly interested. So what exclusives have we got to look forward to this year? Cuphead and sea of thieves? No interest in sea of thieves. cuphead looks good but its a platformer so not exactly riveting stuff.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Why don't people check their notifications? I go in almost everytime I turn my xbox on.

Actually, my wife is the worst, she never checks the notifications on her phone, so there's usually dozens when I check for her. Phone calls, text messages, all missed. Totally wrecks my OCD.

Hmm. Actually, I've probably just answered my own question there, people don't check their notification because they don't have my OCD :rolleyes:

I actually didnt even know I was supposed to check them. Now that I do know, I wish I didnt have to out of laziness I guess. Id rather they just told me! When I turn on my console I just want to click on the game I want, nothing else

I was mildly interested. So what exclusives have we got to look forward to this year? Cuphead and sea of thieves? No interest in sea of thieves. cuphead looks good but its a platformer so not exactly riveting stuff.

halo wars 2, no interest in that either tbh

If you're missing stuff I'd recommend the Xbox app. It's great for browsing through on the bus. I regularly check my activity list to see what people are up to and new friends would also show up here. You can even see when someone else has added a friend. Also new messages stand out more.

I pretty much do everything through the app. Xbox is usually for straight to gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

If you're missing stuff I'd recommend the Xbox app. It's great for browsing through on the bus. I regularly check my activity list to see what people are up to and new friends would also show up here. You can even see when someone else has added a friend. Also new messages stand out more.

I pretty much do everything through the app. Xbox is usually for straight to gaming.

I love the app too but the messaging functionality has been pretty much busted for me for a few weeks. Bit of a known issue on IOS. No one else having any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I love the app too but the messaging functionality has been pretty much busted for me for a few weeks. Bit of a known issue on IOS. No one else having any issues?

There's your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

TBF it's been the same for me for a while on android. Messages (and the app in general) crash a lot and very slow to load

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

There's your problem.

Same for me on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Same for me on android.

The only time having a windows phone works in your favour. No problem here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If I was a betting man, I would stake a handsome sum on the issue being the backend APIs, probably hosted on Azure.

• Advertisement

The epic great games Strania, The Splatters, Scrap Metal and Ghostbusters are going BC today! Superb!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/818865009870729216

Also, some games that people have never ever heard of are going BC too. I mean, who the hell has heard of Dragon Age Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3? How do these games get sequels?

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/818865388465377287

All joking aside, Bad Company 2 is the best Battlefield game, hands down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement