Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

erkifino wrote: »
    The 360 controllers are like old Nokia phones. They can take a beating. The new controllers, while sleeker, are a disappointing build.

The white ones seem worse than the black ones I've found. It's only lasted three months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

On my third controller, the arm of the couch is no place for a controller #toptip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Have always wanted to play that Ghostbusters game :)

Started this lastnight, it's great! Erasing all memory of that shîtfest of a film last year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Have any of yee used Simplygames.com for buying anything at all, if so what were they like to deal with? I've been looking to get the Infinite Warfare Legacy edition but it's €80+ everywhere I know of, whereas it's £40 on the above site. It's out of stock at the minute but it's in stock on PS4 for the same price so it's not an Argos job where they mark the price down by accident and then put it as being out of stock. A question for anybody who's used it - is the currency conversion straight forward? The game plus delivery comes in around £42 which is about €48, so should I expect to pay that or do they knock the price up of their own accord?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

[...] The game plus delivery comes in around £42 which is about €48, so should I expect to pay that or do they knock the price up of their own accord?

This is where a card like Revolut comes in handy. And then you pay £40 and not one penny more, and you know upfront what the price of £40 is.

• Advertisement

Shadows of the Damned and Rocket Knight are now BC

Shadows is a good one as it's EA so could find it's way to the vault maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Is there any way to see the update notes of games and system software??

FIFA 17 updated for me today and I'm wondering what updates were installed.

It's clear to see on PS4 but can't seem to find it on Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Batesy wrote: »
    Is there any way to see the update notes of games and system software??

FIFA 17 updated for me today and I'm wondering what updates were installed.

It's clear to see on PS4 but can't seem to find it on Xbox
    They don't show patch notes at this point. There's a request for it over on Xbox Feedback, if you want to add your voice to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rainbow six : siege is getting a free to play weekend, this weekend.

I've only been playing it lately, but it's absolutely edge of the seat stuff once you get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've only been playing it lately, but it's absolutely edge of the seat stuff once you get into it.

How do I get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jayop wrote: »
    How do I get in.

Just download it from the store. It'll usually show up a free trial version on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've never played but heard good things, shall we organise a party?

It's a fantastic game, some of the most tense online gameplay I've ever had. I've about 110 hours played in it and burnt myself out a bit... then battlefield came out and I haven't really played it since then.

Gonna wait for some more operators and maps to come out and it might feel a bit fresher when I jump back in.

I've never played but heard good things, shall we organise a party?

yup, I'm up for it on friday or saturday night.
    It is difficult at first but once you get going its good fun. I'm still a complete noob at it but have had some very tense standoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I might just break away from Ark for a bit and join you's
    I got it in the sale last year, really liked it and the new maps

I might just break away from Ark for a bit and join you's
    I got it in the sale last year, really liked it and the new maps

no bothers, my gt is in my sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I haven't played it in awhile, been far too busy but would like to have a few games this weekend, if there is space, I will try jump in. I played it a good bit when it came out but have probably forgotten everything by now. It's a great game!

This may be an obvious question, if so I am sorry :o

I am moving from 360 to the One S in the next few weeks.

The memory on my 360 is quite small, so there is a lot of stuff sitting in my download queue. It's all BC games. When I move to Xbox One S, will all of these be available for me there, even if they were only on my download queue on XBox 360?

They will yeah, the games are tied to your MS account - so when you sign into the Xbox One S and go to 'My Games and Apps', you'll see all the backwards compatible games you own in the Ready to Install section

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

This may be an obvious question, if so I am sorry :o

I am moving from 360 to the One S in the next few weeks.

The memory on my 360 is quite small, so there is a lot of stuff sitting in my download queue. It's all BC games. When I move to Xbox One S, will all of these be available for me there, even if they were only on my download queue on XBox 360?

Also, cloud saving is the default on the Xbox One, whereas, if I remember correctly, it isn't necessarily on the 360. Again, I could be wrong....

So make sure all your game saves are up in the cloud of your XBL account for easy transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yup, I'm up for it on friday or saturday night.
    It is difficult at first but once you get going its good fun. I'm still a complete noob at it but have had some very tense standoffs.

i should be around if theres space

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just download it from the store. It'll usually show up a free trial version on Friday evening.

Pity I couldn't pre-download it. Friday night is usually my games night and sometimes when I start a DL and head off it stops halfway through despite having it set up not to. Hardly got playing hte or hounor last weekend because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Pity I couldn't pre-download it. Friday night is usually my games night and sometimes when I start a DL and head off it stops halfway through despite having it set up not to. Hardly got playing hte or hounor last weekend because of that.

Do you have an external Hard drive. For a while I used to leave my console to download over the night and it never used to. I soon realised I had to uncheck a box in settings to leave hard drive on while console is off.

nah just internal. Dunno what happened. I had started the DL, and then queued up another one, the second one was fully down and the first was paused when I got home.

• Jayop wrote: »
    nah just internal. Dunno what happened. I had started the DL, and then queued up another one, the second one was fully down and the first was paused when I got home.

Sounds more like isp issues that issues with the X1 tbh
    I'm on most weekends when the wife is busy with e news so welcome to add me for games

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sounds more like isp issues that issues with the X1 tbh
    I'm on most weekends when the wife is busy with e news so welcome to add me for games

What's your tag?

• Jayop wrote: »
    What's your tag?

I will PM it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If I am downloading a game and I add another to the queue, the second game will begin to download and the first will pause automatically.
    I noticed that the other day and that it didnt unpause itself so I had to go and unpause it to start up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'm downloading Star Wars Battlefront from EA Access

At current speeds, I reckon I should be good to go by 2019.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

If I am downloading a game and I add another to the queue, the second game will begin to download and the first will pause automatically.
    I noticed that the other day and that it didnt unpause itself so I had to go and unpause it to start up again

Ah could be that. I was sure I had checked that the first was still going but maybe not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement